Redskins Game day thread

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.J. Lang, Ty Montgomery, Damarious Randall, Jake Ryan and JC Tretter didn't practice today. David Bakhtiari, Randall Cobb, Micah Hyde, Clay Matthews and Quinten Rollins were limited participants.

lingering injuries or are they just eating at fast food restaurants that make their bodies so damn fragile that they get injured during practice?

H

HardRightEdge

In a way I wouldn't be surprised if we did win this game.
I wouldn't either. If Cobb and Montgomery are up to it (both questionable as of today), with Starks back and Cook set to return, there will be a full compliment of possession weapons to get the ball control passing game back on track. It's not mission impossible...if they choose to accept it.

Hyde, Rollins, Matthews, Ryan, Randall: questionable

Bakhtiari, Lang: questionable

Some of these other guys need to get back in the line-up or it will be a long night. I don't see how you get by without these 9 starters and key rotational guys, or make it 11 counting Shields and Lacy. It's not like they were tearing it up when most of these guys were healthy.

The guys are rallying around the coach with the media circling like vultures:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...McCarthy/0bb02427-e5d7-4953-91b4-f83a00b29b72

That's a plus. However these are the offensive guys. Are defensive guys rallying around anybody?

D

Deleted member 6794

What happened to Ty?

According to the Packers injury report Montgomery missed yesterday's practice because of an illness. That makes me worried about his ability to deal with this sickle cell trait.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redskins are favored by 2.5 pts. and have been scoring early & often, lately. Don't think GB's Defense will do anything to slow them down and they'll probably have 450+ yds. If the Packers have any chance at all it'll be outscoring them... and I'm feeling optimistic on a 38-36 win. The under/over is 50 so I'm betting my mortgage on over :).

Sky King

Reaction score
According to the Packers injury report Montgomery missed yesterday's practice because of an illness. That makes me worried about his ability to deal with this sickle cell trait.
It also makes me wonder if TT knew of this medical history prior to the drafting of Montgomery. If not for the ankle problem last season we may have seen this pattern of unavailability (for this hereditary medical condition) as early as last season. Drafting Montgomery was a huge gamble.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/traits.html

D

Deleted member 6794

It also makes me wonder if TT knew of this medical history prior to the drafting of Montgomery. If not for the ankle problem last season we may have seen this pattern of unavailability (for this hereditary medical condition) as early as last season. Drafting Montgomery was a huge gamble.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/traits.html

Actually Montgomery missed yesterday's practice because of a slight stomach bug which is unrelated to the sickle cell trait. My bad.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If McCarthys plan is to get RIchard Rogers involved in the offense and lining him up out wr in 4 wr sets I guarantee you we won't win. That's the dumbest formation of "WRs" I've ever seen.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't either. If Cobb and Montgomery are up to it (both questionable as of today), with Starks back and Cook set to return, there will be a full compliment of possession weapons to get the ball control passing game back on track. It's not mission impossible...if they choose to accept it.

Hyde, Rollins, Matthews, Ryan, Randall: questionable

Bakhtiari, Lang: questionable

Some of these other guys need to get back in the line-up or it will be a long night. I don't see how you get by without these 9 starters and key rotational guys, or make it 11 counting Shields and Lacy. It's not like they were tearing it up when most of these guys were healthy.

The guys are rallying around the coach with the media circling like vultures:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...McCarthy/0bb02427-e5d7-4953-91b4-f83a00b29b72

That's a plus. However these are the offensive guys. Are defensive guys rallying around anybody?

Well, it seems to be good, I'm just hoping that's not a fake defense though. I mean, I don't doubt Rodgers's seriousness, it's just it's one thing to be at odds with your coach, but I tend to think nobody likes the media weighing in on this kind of thing and in that case, the defense mechanisms automatically go up about it. It's just something I wonder because our team is just not one to go leaking internal struggles out there and they like to handle things behind closed doors. I mean I guess we'll see how it plays out, but I'm still concerned that there are things going on back there.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it seems to be good, I'm just hoping that's not a fake defense though. I mean, I don't doubt Rodgers's seriousness, it's just it's one thing to be at odds with your coach, but I tend to think nobody likes the media weighing in on this kind of thing and in that case, the defense mechanisms automatically go up about it. It's just something I wonder because our team is just not one to go leaking internal struggles out there and they like to handle things behind closed doors. I mean I guess we'll see how it plays out, but I'm still concerned that there are things going on back there.
I think you are correct that our team keeps internal struggles internal. The team doesn't have a lot of loudmouths. That is by design imo.
Of course, that is much to the chagrin of some posters on this forum who would prefer a more verbally entertaining team that provides them all the juicy inside info they crave.

Has anyone noticed the influx of newer or suddenly returned posters over the past three weeks?

Sky King

Reaction score
Anything could still happen, including salvaging this season. I'm still a little bit hopeful though my confidence in this team has been shaken. My fingers are crossed that the game against Redskins will help them get back on track.

D

Deleted member 6794

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we win and both Minny and Detroit lose, are we in 1st?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
until we have a better record than Minny, they'll be a half game ahead I think because of head to head. regardless the Packers have to start winning and continue. Things look bleak, but if they stay close, they play both these teams at the end of the year and close up a game or 2 gap and beating both of those teams will take care of tie breakers mostly.