Redskins Game day thread

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
If the Packers offense is "on" tonight, maybe an encore from the past?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ah yes ... the 1983 Packers. A Super Bowl caliber offense and a pee-wee league defense. It's deju vu all over again....

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
...by the way... the main characteristic of an 8-8 team is up/down from one week to the next. While I recognize that wouldn't be the case since we're on a 3-game stink parade, don't be surprised if an NFL football team shows up today.

Wazzizname will come up with a brilliant defensive game plan for today ... it'll be unnoticed in the blogosphere (you reading this Florio ... you nattering, gossiping ol' *****? ...) and the Pack will only surrender 400 yards defensively and 35 points. Rodgers will be all chip-on-the-shouldery because of Florio's salvos over the clothesline (as tired old beotches tend to do) and will put up big numbers today and 37 points -- 31 of them in the first half.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can't afford to lose now, just as I said, no help from Arizona or Jacksonville today, we lose this and we could be done.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't help that Arizona couldn't get it done in Minny today but the Packers' season doesn't hang on it. Obviously it will be better for the Pack to win tonight but they have come back from farthr behind and later in a season before.

The Queens and Kitties will lose more games ahead but the Pack still needs to take care of its business.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't help that Arizona couldn't get it done in Minny today but the Packers' season doesn't hang on it. Obviously it will be better for the Pack to win tonight but they have come back from farthr behind and later in a season before.

The Queens and Kitties will lose more games ahead but the Pack still needs to take care of its business.

The Jags couldn't get it done either, and don't be too sure that the Lions are setup to implode down the stretch, Jim Schwartz isn't coaching there anymore. Their schedule looks very favorable, plus we lose to Washington tonight and the wildcard is out the window cuz the Giants won today too and both them and the Redskins are in the drivers seat. I'm sorry but 4-6 is practically out, that's 2 games down, and it'll probably be 3 games down after Thanksgiving considering the Vikings and Lions play each other on that day. Sorry, but I'm just looking at what's happening out there and I'm not seeing any help coming if we keep blowing it like this.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I think this game will be competitive, but I got the Skins winning 28-27, Dom Capers' D failing late in the game like in Atlanta.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Complete utter total absolute garbage. Hard to watch. Run first two downs for minimal gains then make it look impossible to complete a single pass. It's mind blowing how pathetic this team has become. Mind blowing.

Raymond

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I just hope we don't get embarrassed on National television.
I hope the same thing, b u t . . . . . it is the "same ole-same ole" with a new twist. Now openly we all can see that very few players seem to care. I watched another long play by the Redskins and it was amazing to see the Packer defensive backs still running towards their own goal line as the receiver stopped in the middle of the field and waited for the ball to land in his hands. I did laugh when the lady gave her 'on the field' report after half time and Mike basically wanted the defensive backs to turn around the game. After another week of practice watching film and seeing the bump-and-run defense against their own players and how great it works they went out and practiced running backwards and getting ready to make a tackle after the opposing teams receiver caught the ball.
I am usually against wholesale changes to the team. But really, how bad could it be compared to what we are seeing? Not so much the players themselves but coaches and how they now do something differently instead of the same thing week after week, year after year. Do any of them realize the rest of league knows what the Packers will do and plans to their advantage using the predictability? So many years I have watched or listened the Packers when a field goal or two was a great outing for them. Is the team back to that again? GO-PACK-GO ! ! !

Last edited:

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, another loss. Granted out defense was depleted, but still.

I hate to say this, but I was not expecting the Pack to win tonight.

To be honest, I don't have much faith in the rest of our season. I'm not being a Debbie Downer, just realistic. Our defense is shot, and out catchers are having a hard time catching the ball, or holding on to it.

My only hope is that the Lions beat the Vikings on my birthday. Ruff up the North Division for a change.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shockingly, we control our own destiny to win the division. Beat Detroit, beat Minnesota. If it ends in a tie, we get the tie breaker on Detroit based on head to head, and on Minnesota based on division record.

To suggest that it's okay to lose at this point is laughable.

You are correct about being able to win the division. We hope and pray for that, but it isn't going to happen. It just isn't. We can't beat Detroit or Minnesota. We'll be lucky to eek one out in Chicago.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To be honest, I don't have much faith in the rest of our season. I'm not being a Debbie Downer, just realistic. Our defense is shot, and out catchers are having a hard time catching the ball, or holding on to it.

My only hope is that the Lions beat the Vikings on my birthday. Ruff up the North Division for a change.

Honestly even the most optimistic of Packer fans probably have to admit at this point that the playoffs are just not happening this year. We all thought last year was a bump in the road, but turns out it was the start of a slide back to mediocrity. As I said before, I'm not going to just give up or cheer for us to lose, because I believe if we're going to make a turnaround at some point that we're going to need momentum to do that. Maybe we can garner some at the end of this season, maybe not.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you're looking to win the division, then yes, root for the Lions. If you're looking for a higher draft pick following a lost season, you root for the Vikings. Depends on your viewpoint.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 sitting on PS ~ Cajuste & Sandland. Would LOVE to see Cajuste in a few plays to see if he plays "fast"... I wanted him in the late rounds, but UDFA was even nicer. Don't want anymore injuries, though, so maybe he can practice his way onto the 53?
Didn't think about Cajuste! I also liked him in the draft process. Have to say Cook made some bad plays but overall good game. Gotta love those deep passes over the shoulder when he beats his man deep.

Members online

Latest posts