Redskins Game day thread

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If we win and both Minny and Detroit lose, are we in 1st?

With the way the Packers have been playing over the last 20+ games, being first in their weak division this week, next week or in the near future won't really mean much unless they start playing much better football. Sadly, my expectations of what the Packers will do in the "big picture" are at an all time low. I'm just hoping to see them start playing better and while a division championship would be nice, I really don't expect it if they keep playing like they have been.

Maybe their new theme should be "one game at a time", get Cook and a few other injured players back and start playing with focus and direction with the simple goal of "win this weeks game".

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way the Packers have been playing over the last 20+ games, being first in their weak division this week, next week or in the near future won't really mean much unless they start playing much better football. Sadly, my expectations of what the Packers will do in the "big picture" are at an all time low. I'm just hoping to see them start playing better and while a division championship would be nice, I really don't expect it if they keep playing like they have been.

Maybe their new theme should be "one game at a time", get Cook and a few other injured players back and start playing with focus and direction with the simple goal of "win this weeks game".
Can't blame you for not being confident in them. Nobody should, really.

The wonderful thing about sports, though, is that anything can happen. I truly believe that if they make it to the playoffs, all bets are off, especially if they go on a tear on this 7-8 stretch. Obviously, this doesn't look promising based off their recent play, but we are getting some key pieces back! Cook and Clay look like they're coming back, maybe Randall coming back soon? What if C-Mike is a good fit here?

I'm not giving up yet!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm not giving up yet!

:tup: I hear you. I haven't given up, but my expectations have finally been lowered to the level that the Packers are currently playing at. The expectations that I had to begin this season and pretty much every season for a long time was "Super Bowl or bust". I think that was the same expectations that the players had, so it's no surprise to see most of them struggling to accept the fact that they just are not that great at this point. While I am not advocating MM to give a locker room speech of "we are just an average team, lets go out there and compete", I do hope to see better play from a group that may finally realize that the pressure of winning it all and the expectations of this are no longer a weight on their backs.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lang & Ryan reportedly "out" for Sundsay... later today more clarity on CM3 & Bakhtiari. Young guys (& Barkley!) need to step up and show that they're ready for more snaps.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skins 42 Pack 28. Pass rush doesn't show up and the DBs look atrocious again.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You heard it here first. Pack wins 34-27. If D Jackson plays he will be their game MVP. Hyde returns INT for TD. Vernon Davis has 2 receptions 1 for TD. Rodgers throws 345yds 3Tds no picks doesn't get sacked!!! Go pack go!!

Reaction score
Redskins are favored by 2.5 pts. and have been scoring early & often, lately. Don't think GB's Defense will do anything to slow them down and they'll probably have 450+ yds. If the Packers have any chance at all it'll be outscoring them... and I'm feeling optimistic on a 38-36 win. The under/over is 50 so I'm betting my mortgage on over :).
Let me guess.. you're 3/1 ARM is coming to fruition with no rate ceiling and you borrowed 115% of the appraisal :whistling:

D

Deleted member 6794

If we win and both Minny and Detroit lose, are we in 1st?

Yes, the Packers would take over the lead in the NFC North based on division record as all three teams are 1-1 in games against each other.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers rule out T.J. Lang, Damarious Randall, Jake Ryan and JC Tretter for Sunday's game at Washington. Jared Cook and Clay Matthews listed as questionable.

For the Redskins WR DeSean Jackson, T Morgan Moses and LS Nick Sundberg are questionable.

Last edited by a moderator:

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers ruke out T.J. Lang, Damarious Randall, Jake Ryan and JC Tretter for Sunday's game at Washington. Jared Cook and Clay Matthews listed as questionable.

For the Redskins WR DeSean Jackson, T Morgan Moses and LS Nick Sundberg are questionable.

I really hope Matthews plays. I know him playing won't fix the defensive problems but maybe his presence gives the defense a much needed boost in a must win game.

As for Cook, I'm expecting him to have little to no impact. If he even plays.

D

Deleted member 6794

I really hope Matthews plays. I know him playing won't fix the defensive problems but maybe his presence gives the defense a much needed boost in a must win game.

While Matthews hasn't put up great numbers this season he has created opportunities for other defenders to shine. That has been obvious over the past three games with the pass rush struggling mightily.

H

HardRightEdge

While Matthews hasn't put up great numbers this season he has created opportunities for other defenders to shine. That has been obvious over the past three games with the pass rush struggling mightily.
I think that's half right. Opponents do need to pay attention to him. Perry has looked less impactful with Matthews out of the lineup.

The other half of the pass rush story is the cornerback situation. Capers has played more zone, which is understandable, consequently dialing back the blitzes. He just doesn't have the guys right now to play man on the perimeter with the frequency we're accustomed to.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

The other half of the pass rush story is the cornerback situation. Capers has played more zone, which is understandable, consequently dialing back the blitzes. He just doesn't the guys right now to play man on the perimeter with the frequency we're accustomed to.

True, the Packers had only blitzed on 23.6% of the passing plays at the midpoint of the season representing the lowest number during Capers tenure.

Reaction score
Yes, the Packers would take over the lead in the NFC North based on division record as all three teams are 1-1 in games against each other.
I guess If the Packers, Vikings and Lions go into a 3 way tie.. that'd be too much for Chicago to Bear

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I understand it if Cook is a No Go Sunday, then Rich Rodgers will be only TE available. Since they released Perillo to promote Carl bradford as I predicted they would bring up since Ryan is injured. Didn't see Perillo release coming though, some people might have but I was always a fan of his since college! Point is if Rodgers goes down we have 0 TightEnds!!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Point is if Rodgers goes down we have 0 TightEnds!!
2 sitting on PS ~ Cajuste & Sandland. Would LOVE to see Cajuste in a few plays to see if he plays "fast"... I wanted him in the late rounds, but UDFA was even nicer. Don't want anymore injuries, though, so maybe he can practice his way onto the 53?

D

Deleted member 6794

As I understand it if Cook is a No Go Sunday, then Rich Rodgers will be only TE available. Since they released Perillo to promote Carl bradford as I predicted they would bring up since Ryan is injured.

I'm absolutely convinced Cook will be able to play today as the Packers wouldn't have released Perillo otherwise.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Ian Rapoport tight end Jared Cook will play tonight. For the Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson is expected to play as well.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I understand it if Cook is a No Go Sunday, then Rich Rodgers will be only TE available. Since they released Perillo to promote Carl bradford as I predicted they would bring up since Ryan is injured. Didn't see Perillo release coming though, some people might have but I was always a fan of his since college! Point is if Rodgers goes down we have 0 TightEnds!!

Isn't that pretty much what they've been playing with all year?

Members online

Latest posts