Realistic Record Possibilities

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) The Packers become to second team in NFL history to go undefeated in an entire season, 19 wins - 0 loses.

I think this record is highly realistic. We are on a tear, and we have so many offensive and defensive weapons that I truly cannot think of a single team that has a chance to beat us, save for the Saints. However, the Saints are NOT an cold weather team and should falter in the Frozen Tundra.

2) Most consecutive wins, 25 (I think?) in a row.

This ties into record number 1.

3) Aaron Rodgers: Most TD passes in a season, 51+. Most franchise TD passes in a season, 41+.

As of right now he sits at 39 on the season. 2 more TD passes breaks the teams single-season best. 12 more and he breaks the record...if I am correct about 50 being the current record.

12 sounds like a LOT of TD passes to throw in 3 games. I think he can do it though. We have the Chiefs next, who we should light up like a Christmas tree. Next is the waning Bears, who we can hopefully get another 4 TD passes against. The challenge, in my mind will be the last game vs. the Lions. They might hold Aaron under 4 TD passes. The other challenge is letting Rodgers play long enough to get those TDs. 4 TDs vs. the Chiefs means we are at a score of AT LEAST 24. I doubt the Chiefs will even score 15 points...but if it is 24 (more than likely 28) to nothing, going into the 4th will McCarthy sit Rodgers? Same goes for the game vs. the Bears.

Now, I care more about the W than I do any record, but I think it would be AWESOME to have Aaron set the record for most TD passes in a season.

4) Aaron Rodgers: Most passing yards in a season: 5,085+

Aaron Rodgers needs just 959 yards to break Dan Marino's record that has stood for the last 27 years. That averages out to 319.66666 yards per game for the last 3 games of the season. Lets just call it 320 yards a game, to make it simple =D . Now, once again I think Aaron will light up the Chiefs to HOPEFULLY the tune of 450 yards and 5 TD passes.

I am unsure of what his average yards per game is, but I know that quite a few times he has thrown for 269, 285, etc etc yards. This is nothing to snub one's nose at, but, once again I would LOVE to see a Packer and a kid from MY home town pull this off and own the record! I think that 320 yards/game for the last 3 games is doable. Considering I think he will OWN the Chiefs, I hope and hopefully lessen the amount of yards needed against the Bears and Lions.

These are the 4 records that jump out at me, but I am sure there are more that are in danger of being broken soon by the Packers or one of our players.

Thoughts? PLEASE COMMENT! This just excites me!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) The Packers become to second team in NFL history to go undefeated in an entire season, 19 wins - 0 loses.

It is realistic but hey, it's still a long road ahead and way too early to say 19-0.

2) Most consecutive wins, 25 (I think?) in a row.

See answer 1.

3) Aaron Rodgers: Most TD passes in a season, 51+. Most franchise TD passes in a season, 41+.

Not gonna happen. Expect Rodgers to be pulled from games in the 2nd half if we are comfortably ahead.

12 sounds like a LOT of TD passes to throw in 3 games. I think he can do it though. We have the Chiefs next, who we should light up like a Christmas tree. Next is the waning Bears, who we can hopefully get another 4 TD passes against. The challenge, in my mind will be the last game vs. the Lions. They might hold Aaron under 4 TD passes. The other challenge is letting Rodgers play long enough to get those TDs. 4 TDs vs. the Chiefs means we are at a score of AT LEAST 24. I doubt the Chiefs will even score 15 points...but if it is 24 (more than likely 28) to nothing, going into the 4th will McCarthy sit Rodgers? Same goes for the game vs. the Bears.

Now, I care more about the W than I do any record, but I think it would be AWESOME to have Aaron set the record for most TD passes in a season.

4) Aaron Rodgers: Most passing yards in a season: 5,085+

Doubtful for the same reason. Rodgers will be pulled from the game whenever it becomes possible without endangering the lead. Packers are thinking playoffs, not records for Rodgers. I bet Drew Brees is going to break the record however, and possibly Brady. The reason why? They are both still playing for big stakes, i.e. a first-round bye and home-field advantage.

Thoughts? PLEASE COMMENT! This just excites me!

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For Aaron to break those records he have to play light outs vs the Chiefs, and have like 350 yards and 5 or 6 TDs in the first half against the Chiefs, because probably that wont be a close game so he wont be playing most of the second half.
He can break the records if he plays all of the 12 quarters left but I dont really think that is going to happen.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the team really cares about records.
They are more concerned about winning.
And if the Pack goes 19-0, yes they will be the second team to go undefeated but the first to win 19 games.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record, the most consecutive wins by a team in the NFL is 21, held by the patriots between 03 and 04. We sit at 19 wins atm so therefore we only need to beat Chiefs and Bears to tie the record and beat the Lions to break it.

As for the TD's I believe he wont break the record. Asking Aaron to throw 4 TD's against that Bears defense and Lions defense is a bit much, he'd have to be in all 4 quarters likely. But if we have a comfortable lead by the 3rd quarter I reckon that MM will bring him out of the game.

The yardage record might be broken by Rodgers this season, however, Brees and Brady are going to also break it and blow it out of the water so Rodgers will not hold that record.

Reaction score
Just for the record, the most consecutive wins by a team in the NFL is 21, held by the patriots between 03 and 04. We sit at 19 wins atm so therefore we only need to beat Chiefs and Bears to tie the record and beat the Lions to break it.

As for the TD's I believe he wont break the record. Asking Aaron to throw 4 TD's against that Bears defense and Lions defense is a bit much, he'd have to be in all 4 quarters likely. But if we have a comfortable lead by the 3rd quarter I reckon that MM will bring him out of the game.

The yardage record might be broken by Rodgers this season, however, Brees and Brady are going to also break it and blow it out of the water so Rodgers will not hold that record.

the record for most wins in a row is 23 by the indianapolis colts between 2008-2009. we are now 19 so looking good on that one if we continue to win

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One record Rodgers will break is most TD in a season for the Packers...He is tied now with Brett at 39

Just to set record straight of longest winning streak...

Indy has it at 23 games ( I thought was NE at 21) as I just saw a stat on NFLN that said NE had it???

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/15/data-points-longest-winning-streaks/

By winning the final nine games of the 2008 season and starting the 2009 season with 14 consecutive victories, the Indianapolis Colts broke the record that had just been set a year earlier by their rivals, the New England Patriots. The Colts play at New England in Week 13 this season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
For Aaron to break those records he have to play light outs vs the Chiefs, and have like 350 yards and 5 or 6 TDs in the first half against the Chiefs, because probably that wont be a close game so he wont be playing most of the second half.
He can break the records if he plays all of the 12 quarters left but I dont really think that is going to happen.
I'm afraid if the Packers get ANY kind of significant lead that Rogers will be pulled, so I can't see the records fall.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees may be elevating the yardage record before Rodgers can get there. Just my gut on this - Brees cares about those records much more than Rodgers.

That being said, Rodgers won't break any of those records as others have said. Because if he is having a big day, the Packers will be way up, and he will be yanked early. Which I am perfectly fine with. I would love to see Rodgers break those records, but winning the games is more important.

D

Dan115

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Aaron Rodgers already tied the franchise record for touchdown passes in a season, favre never got to 40.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what no one wants to talk about the Packers single season records he will break?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One record Rodgers will break is most TD in a season for the Packers...He is tied now with Brett at 39

Just to set record straight of longest winning streak...

Indy has it at 23 games ( I thought was NE at 21) as I just saw a stat on NFLN that said NE had it???

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/15/data-points-longest-winning-streaks/

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The colts ended the 08 season on a loss in the playoffs against the Chargers. So I disagree with them having the record if in the middle of it you lose the most important game of the season.