OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
McCarthy Speaks, Answers CHTV | Cheesehead TV

February 26th, 2010 McCarthy Speaks, Answers CHTV

Aaron Nagler in Mike McCarthy
Although he had no clue when he did it, McCarthy answered not one but TWO questions from a fan blogger today. Yes, a credentialed fan blogger, but a fan nonetheless. Ladies and gentlemen, history was made.
Ok, so it was no big deal, but it felt good to ask him a) Has he indicated to Thompson that he wants both Clifton and Tauscher back? Yes, of course. b) Is the fact that he has yet to incorporate the Wildcat into his offense an indication that he has an aversion to it, or that he doesn’t have the right personnel? He said he was very open to using it and that he just felt they didn’t have the right personnel. He also joked that he had looked at the receivers throw the ball and did not like what he saw. It was pretty funny actually.
He covered a lot of other ground both at the podium and in the hall afterword:

• Most striking was McCarthy’s addressing Kampman very much as a member of the Packers going forward. He talked about how much better he thought Kampman would be in his second year in the system.
  • Ok, strike that. The MOST striking thing he said was when someone asked about who he thought would emerge from the ranks to solidify the right tackle spot if Tauscher wasn’t back. His first response? Allen Barbre. Oy vey.
  • By far the most entertaining moment was when one of the NFL PR flaks (there are like 20 or so here) said over the loudspeaker “Some guy named Tebow over on Podium B” and ALL, and I mean almost every single one, every national writer GOT UP and RAN to the opposite side of the room, leaving McCarthy alone with mostly his regular crew of local guys…and me. (And, to be fair, Chris Mortensen, who avoided the whole Tebow thing) But it was hysterical. McCarthy said it was “perfect timing” afterword.
  • McCarthy acknowledged the struggles on Special Teams and, without blinking, said “Special Teams will be the most improved area of our team next year”
  • He indicated he’d “love” to work with Tim Tebow. He also said he’d “love” to have 5 quarterbacks on the roster.
  • He was extremely positive about the strides he thought Brandon Underwood would make from year one to year two. Some have asked about the Packers possibly looking at filing a hole or two in their secondary via free agency. While I wouldn’t rule it out, I get the sense we’ll still be hearing a lot of “The best way to improve is to improve from within” this offseason.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
He indicated he’d “love” to work with Tim Tebow. He also said he’d “love” to have 5 quarterbacks on the roster.
Anyone else just crap themselves in fear, or was it just me?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
well he is a q/b guru or so he thinks lol

maybe its an ego thing for him

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else just crap themselves in fear, or was it just me?

I crapped in fear when he said that Giocominni and Barbre were still considered potential occupants for the RT position. :skull:

Members online

Latest posts