PREGAME: PRACTICE & INJURY REPORTS

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/09/27/looks-like-morency-will-be-ready-to-play.aspx

Looks like Morency will be ready to play

Running back Vernand Morency practiced for the second straight day this morning, making it very likely he will see his first game action of the season Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings. Coach Mike McCarthy has maintained that Morency needed to practice on consecutive days to prove he was recovered from the knee injury he sustained on the first day of training camp.

NOTE: ECHO "ZERO ME" COMING :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's some love in this rivalry

The rivalry between the Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Vikings might be one of the most contentious in the NFL among their fans, but that doesn't mean some of the participants can't show some respect for one another. I mean, how else would you explain Brett Favre's new-found relationship with Ragnar the Viking? Favre was asked about "his favorite guy" in a conference call with the Minnesota media on Wednesday. "You know what, I had a chance to meet him and I was surprised that he's from Wisconsin," said Favre of Milwaukee native Joseph Juranitch, who plays Ragnar. "I hated him at first. I think he works in school? God, what a great...he looks real. "Yeah, you know what, a couple of years ago we won the game. It was a great win; I think it was a Christmas Eve game. After the game he came over and he said, 'Hey, I admire you and respect you. I'm a Vikings fan but I like watching you play.' One of those things; it was nice. It was. He does a heck of a job for them."

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THURSDAY: PRACTICE & INJURY REPORTS

I was writing a report on Ancient Scandanvian history and found out through the course of my research that there was actually a famous viking named Ragnar.

He was the first (and seemingly only) gay viking, and was famous for parading about in tight-fitting animal skins that he had died purple, all the while sounding his gay-mating call, a loud ram's horn. BUUR-DUUUUUUUUUR!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
THURSDAY: PRACTICE & INJURY REPORTS

Nothing against you TOPHAT, but Morency? Who gives a damn!! lol We got passes out the *****!!!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Re: THURSDAY: PRACTICE & INJURY REPORTS

I really hope Morency can come through for us.

He will provide another body, but unless we commit to the run, really what difference is a RB going to make.

Plus the over / under to me on Mo staying healthy should be about 4 games..

Hope I am wrong about this kid... but something doesn't seem right with his durablilty.

Jackson and Wynn are doing okay for the amount of touches they are getting and Grant hasn't really been given much of a chance yet. What he has shown looks pretty good.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:
I was writing a report on Ancient Scandanvian history and found out through the course of my research that there was actually a famous viking named Ragnar.

He was the first (and seemingly only) gay viking, and was famous for parading about in tight-fitting animal skins that he had died purple, all the while sounding his gay-mating call, a loud ram's horn. BUUR-DUUUUUUUUUR!

OK, THAT was seriously a LOL....BUUR-DUUUUUUUUUUR! Kudos, PIB!!!!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Morency is the S**T we play a tough run defense this week but he should really help boost the RB spot in the following weeks if he does what he did last year!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How did Morency do against the Vikings?

In two games he gained 4 yards on 4 carries for a stunning 1.0 per carry average.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bruce said:
Zero2Cool said:

In two games he gained 4 yards on 4 carries for a stunning 1.0 per carry average.

Did he play in both games?

No, Mo didn't play in the 1st game @ MN.

And between Herron, Brett, and Green, the Pack had a dominating ground game-all of 47 total yards rushing.

So let's not all lament the woeful ground attack due to the lack of Ahman Green this week when the Pack has a low rushing total, cause he got shut down against them last year!

Edit: and by "all" I mean like 3 people.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NOTE: A VET RB BODY WILL HELP SUNDAY.

Injury report

As reported earlier here in the Blog, receiver Greg Jennings (hamstring) and running back Brandon Jackson (shin) did not participate in practice this morning. They were the only Packers listed in that category on today's injury report.

Listed as limited were: T Chad Clifton (knee), DE Cullen Jenkins (ribs), RB Vernand Morency (knee), DT Corey Williams (knee), TE Bubba Franks (knee), CB Al Harris (back) and CB Charles Woodson (foot). Fully participating were: LB Desmond Bishop (shoulder), WR Donald Driver (toe) and QB Brett Favre (finger). DE Michael Montgomery (knee) is out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morency in for Jackson?

Depending on the severity of Brandon Jackson's strained shin, the coaching staff may not have to make a difficult decision to clear a game-day roster spot for Vernand Morency. Jackson suffered the injury Sunday against San Diego, and it flared up in practice Wednesday, coach Mike McCarthy said this afternoon. The rookie was on the field at the start of practice today but left for rehab about 20 minutes into the workout. Meanwhile, Morency had a better Thursday workout than in recent weeks, McCarthy said, adding he is hopeful the back will make his season debut Sunday at Minnesota. Morency missed the entire preseason and the first three regular-season games with a strained knee. "He looked good two days in a row," McCarthy said. "I think he’s put together back-to-back practices where in the past he’s been frustrated the day after of a hard practice because of the way he feels." McCarthy said he wasn't sure whether Jackson would practice Friday. Morency was limited today but is expected to practice in full Friday. If Jackson is healthy, the Packers could deactivate Ryan Grant or DeShawn Wynn to open a role for Morency.

* Though Jason Spitz "looks like he's back to full" after battling a calf strain, Junius Coston remains the starting right guard, McCarthy said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jennings, Jackson miss practice

Receiver Greg Jennings and running back Brandon Jackson did not practice today, apparently because of injuries. Jennings, who missed the season's first two games because of a hamstring injury, was limited in practice Wednesday by the same problem. Coach Mike McCarthy said then it was his decision to be cautious with Jennings, but the team's No. 2 receiver watched the jog-through in sweats and then left the practice field today. It wasn't immediatey clear whether he sat out as a precaution or suffered a setback. Jackson hasn't been on the injury report since he bounced back from a concussion suffered late in training camp. But he, too, watched today's jog-through idly -- albeit in pads -- and then exited out a side door about 20 minutes into practice. Running back Vernand Morency, who hasn't played this season because of a knee injury, practiced for the second consecutive day and appeared to be moving fine, and it seems possible he could be active Sunday against Minnesota.

Charles Woodson (foot) left at the same time as Jackson. Fellow starting cornerback Al Harris (back) appeared to be participating in most drills during the roughly one hour of practice open to state media. Defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins (ribs) didn't do much again. Tackle Chad Clifton (knee), linebacker Desmond Bishop (shoulder), receiver Donald Driver (toe), defensive tackle Corey Williams (knee), quarterback Brett Favre (finger) and tight end Bubba Franks (knee) appeared to be participating in most drills but probably will be listed as limited.

UPDATE: According to McCarthy, Jennings was held out as a precaution and hopes the receiver will practice Friday; Jackson suffered a shin strain Sunday and it flared up Wednesday; and Morency had his best Thursday practice today, albeit in a limited capacity, so McCarthy is hopeful he could play Sunday.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PRACTICE & INJURY REPORTS

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/09/28/vikings-week-friday-practice-report.aspx

Vikings week: Friday practice report

Some interesting developments today. Let's get to them:

RB Vernand Morency again practiced and will be listed as probable. "Vernand had an excellent day today. He went through all the reps. Looks like he has his bounce back. It was good to see him out there knocking the rust off. He put together three full days of work," coach Mike McCarthy said;

WR Greg Jennings (hamsting) did not practice again but is listed as probable. "He practiced Wednesday and was sore, and felt a little something yesterday so I just shut him down today. We're kind of in that same week progression we were in last week so I'm hopeful he'll be 100 percent Sunday. Same injury, same thing. It feels better today, I'm just hopeful in 48 hours he'll be ready to go.";

RB Brandon Jackson did not participate with his shin injury and is questionable. "His shin has gotten worse. He feels worse today than he did yesterday. I just glad that Vernand also feels good," McCarthy said;
C Scott Wells, who has another tough assignenment in Vikings DT Pat Williams on Sunday, was a limited participant but is probable. He tweaked his hamstring on Thursday;

DT Justin Harrell is battling a right knee sprain. He's questionable.
"We don't have a starter at running back; you guys ask me this every week. We're a "running back by committee team" and I forsee us being that every week," said McCarthy, in words that will be of joy to fantasy football owners everywhere.

Here's the full injury report, which will be released later:

Desmond Bishop--Left Shoulder--Full participation--Probable
Chad Clifton--Left Ankle--Full--Probable
Donald Driver--Toe--Full--Probable
Brett Favre--Rt. finger--Full--Probable
Bubba Franks--Rt. Knee--Full--Probable
Justin Harrell--Rt. knee--None--Questionble
Al Harris--Back--Limited--Probable
Brandon Jackson--Shin--None--Questionable
Cullen Jenkins--Ribs--Limited--Probable
Greg Jennings--Hamstring--None--Probable
Mike Montgomery--Rt. knee--Out--Out
Vernand Morency--Rt. Knee--Full--Probable
Danile Muir--Ribs--Limited--Probable
Scott Wells--Hamstring--Limited--Probable
Corey Williams--Knee--Full--Probable
Charles Woodson--Foot--Limited--Probable

NOTE: LOOKS LIKE RB MORENCY IN...RB JACKSON OUT.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:
Bruce said:
Zero2Cool said:

Did he play in both games?

No, Mo didn't play in the 1st game @ MN.

And between Herron, Brett, and Green, the Pack had a dominating ground game-all of 47 total yards rushing.

So let's not all lament the woeful ground attack due to the lack of Ahman Green this week when the Pack has a low rushing total, cause he got shut down against them last year!

Edit: and by "all" I mean like 3 people.

I don't think any one was lamenting or bring up A Green until you did and your stats are extemely deceiving.

Green had 55 yards rushing against MN top run defense in the first game and 42 in the second game (Herron and Brett got 5) Ahman also caught 4 passes in that game, Morency none.

I like Vernand, but we don't need to distort to make him something he is not.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think he's making morency into something he's not. he's taking a pre-emptive move against the *****ers who will try to make ahman green into something he was not.

Members online

Latest posts