Pre Season Game 3 vs Bills

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Dude he got tangled up with Newman just like Benkert did last week

Anyway ... So far that's the only strike I have on Love so far. Now, could be he was trying to get more air on it to throw it out of the back of the end zone but just couldn't. But ugh, yeah probably should have just taken the sack as painful as it would have been.
Good learning experience for Love on that one.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as our D scrubs, I'm liking what I see from Heflin, and I like Ray Wilborn's speed -- no idea if he's consistently where he's supposed to be, but it's nice to see a GB linebacker flying from the middle to the boundary.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Third Defense:

I like the Front 4 "Base" of Rivers, Slaton, Heflin, and Garvin. But when 3 of them are out of the rotation you don't have much to work with.

Did anyone else see Delontae Scott playing DL? Has he put on an additional 10-20lbs? He got dominated out there.

I'm just waiting for someone in the secondary to make a play, but since Gaines got that tackle the first drive out, I don't expect it.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And it could even be 13-7 if Sternberger hadn't whiffed on his block on opening series, and if we had used better play calling. Bills were playing the run all the way there and someone needed to take advantage by calling play action.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another I’ll advised shot to the endzone. And the Crosby adds the cherry on top lol

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Third Possession:

Cut Hanson.

Nice to see Amari finally get some separation and make some plays.

Jace needs to do something 2nd Half.

Love finally tucked it, there is a God....

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was some damn awful play calling again in the red zone

Bad on Hansen

And man, Runyan or whoever that was at LT awful form on that block, Love had no chance on that play.

Damn I just feel really bad for Love, he actually did way more things right than wrong on that drive. Stupid red zone play calls and awful execution by these young OL guys have been dooming him.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then he has to make sure it’s going thru the endzone or just toss it in the ground at the Los since he’s outside the pocket.

Well to be fair when you're off balance and fading backward, tough to get the oomph on it.

All in all I actually think Love did well this half. Loved how he found Daffney on that rollout play when Rodgers was short, and he drew that 1st team Bills defense offside 2x and hit the free play on one. He just keeps getting let down by his teammates in the red zone is all.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Well to be fair when you're off balance and fading backward, tough to get the oomph on it.

All in all I actually think Love did well this half. Loved how he found Daffney on that rollout play when Rodgers was short, and he drew that 1st team Bills defense offside 2x and hit the free play on one. He just keeps getting let down by his teammates in the red zone is all.
Also the red zone play calling hasn't been great.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know it is, which is why if you aren’t sure you can do it, don’t.

He’s playing pretty well overall but has had some learning moments. That was one

and I agree, wanting Rodgers and then seeing Dafney was a really good play for him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taylor and Begelton both really want to make this team.
Oline needs to do a bit better than they finished the last and now starting the 2nd half.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fourth Possession:

Looks like Love figured out if he's gonna get hit, might as well get some yards for your trouble.

Hanson overwhelmed.

Need Jace to make an appearance.

Braden looks meh.

Taylor and Begelton giving max effort, but with this deep defense it's not enough.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's probably Benkert time now. Gotta take the positives and not be downed by the negatives Mr Love. We still got your back.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The short yardage play calling has been awful.

I wonder who's calling plays today. I mean I get that maybe you don't run your more sophisticated Rodgers plays with your backups but damn, I feel like Love and Benkert at least have the smarts to execute a play action or zone read type play.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some may disagree with me but I’m leaning to Begelton over Taylor but I think either will get stashed on PS and not get nabbed elsewhere. If anything Begelton is a safer stash than Taylor.