Pre Season Game 3 vs Bills

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a FYI. I read this somewhere and have to find it..might have been under Mike Mc?

But.

Sometimes plays in preseason are called to just look at certain players.
I was going to say, GB needs to be find guys that can line up and run the ball. If we want play action to work well, we need to run that ball in. We haven't consistently done that for a long time. They need to identify the guys that can line up and do it. I would be disappointed if they called plays to fool a defense rather than called plays to find strengths and weaknesses in the guys they're deciding if they need to keep on the roster or not.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to say, GB needs to be find guys that can line up and run the ball. If we want play action to work well, we need to run that ball in. We haven't consistently done that for a long time. They need to identify the guys that can line up and do it. I would be disappointed if they called plays to fool a defense rather than called plays to find strengths and weaknesses in the guys they're deciding if they need to keep on the roster or not.
I just want to say again, sorry, that the RB is too deep on those short yardage plays. The defense has too much time to get ready for when the RB hits the line of scrimmage.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Let's face it. Mr. Wonderful has painted himself into a corner. Anything less than a 17-0 regular season and a clean sweep to a Superbowl win MUST be considered a failure. How could it be considered anything else? I believe this a better than average team that unfortunately isn't going to be able to cash the checks that its "star" QB has written. Just my opinion.
While this is definitely satire (I hope), I'm fairly certain you'd find a way to ***** about winning the Super Bowl this year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to say again, sorry, that the RB is too deep on those short yardage plays. The defense has too much time to get ready for when the RB hits the line of scrimmage.
sometimes, but it's a horse a piece. To quick and no blocks can happen. Guys like Dillion do better when they get a couple steps going. Guys like Jones need to see the line then they can see the hole and hit it. If they're too close, the vision or the momentum are negated.

If Dillion doesn't get hit behind the LOS because Sternberger didn't do his job, i bet he carries/pushes them all in the endzone. when you start doing that, play action becomes easy.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While this is definitely satire (I hope), I'm fairly certain you'd find a way to ***** about winning the Super Bowl this year.
You are right PA12! Believe me, I don't want to feel that way. I love the Packers but Rodgers has really made me crazy. Everything he does drives me nuts. I get so wound up in his BS that I say things that don't sound right. I am as big of Packer fan as anyone and of course I hope that they have as much success as possible but I'm not sure that I can do it with a QB that seems hell bent on destruction of this cherished franchise. For me, this isn't just about wins and losses. This is about loyalty and respect, two things that in my opinion, Rodgers lacks. I don't lay the total blame at his feet but how else is a front office supposed to show respect but to pay their top players boat loads of money? There are many variables to every situation. I don't trust Rodgers to do the right thing. I want him to fail. I truly do. Unfortunately, that would probably mean the team would fail. I don't want that. So you see my dilemma.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sometimes, but it's a horse a piece. To quick and no blocks can happen. Guys like Dillion do better when they get a couple steps going. Guys like Jones need to see the line then they can see the hole and hit it. If they're too close, the vision or the momentum are negated.

If Dillion doesn't get hit behind the LOS because Sternberger didn't do his job, i bet he carries/pushes them all in the endzone. when you start doing that, play action becomes easy.
I guess we will just have to disagree. I have seen it too many times. Just too much time for the D line to stand up the O line. And Jones does not need that time. Way too deep. And even Dillon is not gonna push around D linemen.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
teams get stopped with quick hitters in short yardage stuff all the time. There's pro's and cons to both. All plays work together. Giving Jones a look at the line before he hits it helps play to his strengths. Sure he's quick enough to put him closer and just run it. And if the DL stunts into the gap he's picked before he knows, he's stuffed too. Doesn't matter where you line up if you can't stand in the way of a defender at the very least.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the runner is way deep; it is just excruciating for me to watch how long it takes him to get to the line of scrimmage. Even a couple of steps closer would be better. It is not either deep or quick hitting. Find the right spot to line-up.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Find the right spot to line-up.
That would be the spot that worked this time against this defensive call. Next time the exact same spot on the same play call could get stuffed. Moving parts. It's always the wrong decision when it doesn't work. And when it does work, it's made to look easy.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be the spot that worked this time against this defensive call. Next time the exact same spot on the same play call could get stuffed. Moving parts. It's always the wrong decision when it doesn't work. And when it does work, it's made to look easy.
They use the deep RB too much in short yardage imo. I'm not trying to 2nd guess any particular play. I think it is a bad set up. Can they score on it...sure. I just don't like it. Takes too long to get to the line of scrimmage.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right PA12! Believe me, I don't want to feel that way. I love the Packers but Rodgers has really made me crazy. Everything he does drives me nuts. I get so wound up in his BS that I say things that don't sound right. I am as big of Packer fan as anyone and of course I hope that they have as much success as possible but I'm not sure that I can do it with a QB that seems hell bent on destruction of this cherished franchise. For me, this isn't just about wins and losses. This is about loyalty and respect, two things that in my opinion, Rodgers lacks. I don't lay the total blame at his feet but how else is a front office supposed to show respect but to pay their top players boat loads of money? There are many variables to every situation. I don't trust Rodgers to do the right thing. I want him to fail. I truly do. Unfortunately, that would probably mean the team would fail. I don't want that. So you see my dilemma.
This, Ladies and Gentlemen is what RDS (Rodgers Derangement Syndrome) looks like full blown

Reaction score
Thanks for digging that up
welcome. I know the rules were amended for COVID-19 to protect teams in the event they had to implement a Denver Broncos QB protocol. Obviously Denver got stuck without a starting QB and those 4 PS immunity spots could be used for positions of dire need.

The league extended that rule change made in response to that issue last year, but it imo would be wise to also offer a 2-4 player fluid immunity whereas they could still relegate to PS, without fear of another team poaching our players through waivers. Either that or as some posters have already suggested, just leave the game day roster square, but increase the 53 to 57. That just makes sense until we get through this pandemic.
That would be a big relief for 4 guys playing in preseason, because they would’ve have to play Russian Roulette on relocating their family.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pre-season over, 0-3.. what did this tell us about this Packers team? Hard to tell but let's play "under-over" for wins this year..... best guess is 10 wins, 6 losses; possibly 9-7... why? Team will struggle with leadership, depth and execution issues, who is their leader? Surely not Rodgers after his summer sonnets about the Packers, surely not Adams, he "backed" his QB to the hilt, surely not Bakht... he really did not say much of anything.. So who is going to actually LEAD this team, there is going to be a lot of head scratching amongst the players just like the fans, is this AR's last "hurrah"? Strong leadership does not necessarily equal a winning record and playoffs, but it does help when the chips are down and the team needs to win; right now, don't see that and see a lot of holes in this team that might include coaching issues. This team has been smoked 68-21 in 3 games, is JL really #2; will their D be tougher than last year? will their DB's perform at a high level? What about the OL? What about WR group that still drops balls when they need to catch them? RB, lost a good one to FA, some depth maybe... Bottom line, 10-6 this year, possibly 9-7 (49r's, Bears (1), Chiefs, Rams, Ravens and Browns).... could also end up losing one to Vikings...... Hope not but this is the way it looks after 0-3 and 68-21.
I guarantee you that the Packers will not be 10-6 or 9-7 at the conclusion of this season David C.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No he isn't. He is 1000x better than Tim Boyle ever was and would beat out half the league's current backups for their jobs. Oh yes I said it and I'd bet $500 grand on it.

If we don't sign him to the 53, he'll have at least 16 teams trying to get him off of waivers, I guarantee you.
Moment of truth comin for you big guy. I bet he’s on GB’s practice squad, and won’t be on anybody’s 53.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moment of truth comin for you big guy. I bet he’s on GB’s practice squad, and won’t be on anybody’s 53.

Hey I hope so, at least that way we can use the player protection option and keep him from being signed, which practically makes him our 3rd guy.

But we are 29th on that waiver claims list and I will not hold my breath

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the young guys get thrown into the fire here ... Thank god it doesn't matter if we win or lose.

Get ready suckas you bout to see Jordan Love throw for 250 and 3 TDs .... Lol jk probably not. But to that point ...

Love should hopefully get some extended time this game, or at least I hope so since he didn't get to play last game.

Well, for any last people on the bubble this is it. Make your last run for it and hope you can crack the 53.

So obviously I'm hoping Love does well so that the Benkert trolls get shut up. Now I'm a Benkert supporter in that I think we should put him on the 53 to keep in the back pocket, but there is no controversy over who is QB number 2, nor are we going to abandon the plan to install Love when Rodgers's time is up. So ... anyone who thinks so time to pull your head out of the *****.
I like Benkert as QB #3. I hope he clears waivers after being cut and GB can stash him on the PS. There's no need to carry three QBs on the 53.

Members online

Latest posts