Pre Season Game 3 vs Bills

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pre-season over, 0-3.. what did this tell us about this Packers team? Hard to tell but let's play "under-over" for wins this year..... best guess is 10 wins, 6 losses; possibly 9-7... why? Team will struggle with leadership, depth and execution issues, who is their leader? Surely not Rodgers after his summer sonnets about the Packers, surely not Adams, he "backed" his QB to the hilt, surely not Bakht... he really did not say much of anything.. So who is going to actually LEAD this team, there is going to be a lot of head scratching amongst the players just like the fans, is this AR's last "hurrah"? Strong leadership does not necessarily equal a winning record and playoffs, but it does help when the chips are down and the team needs to win; right now, don't see that and see a lot of holes in this team that might include coaching issues. This team has been smoked 68-21 in 3 games, is JL really #2; will their D be tougher than last year? will their DB's perform at a high level? What about the OL? What about WR group that still drops balls when they need to catch them? RB, lost a good one to FA, some depth maybe... Bottom line, 10-6 this year, possibly 9-7 (49r's, Bears (1), Chiefs, Rams, Ravens and Browns).... could also end up losing one to Vikings...... Hope not but this is the way it looks after 0-3 and 68-21.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pre-season over, 0-3.. what did this tell us about this Packers team? Hard to tell but let's play "under-over" for wins this year..... best guess is 10 wins, 6 losses; possibly 9-7... why? Team will struggle with leadership, depth and execution issues, who is their leader? Surely not Rodgers after his summer sonnets about the Packers, surely not Adams, he "backed" his QB to the hilt, surely not Bakht... he really did not say much of anything.. So who is going to actually LEAD this team, there is going to be a lot of head scratching amongst the players just like the fans, is this AR's last "hurrah"? Strong leadership does not necessarily equal a winning record and playoffs, but it does help when the chips are down and the team needs to win; right now, don't see that and see a lot of holes in this team that might include coaching issues. This team has been smoked 68-21 in 3 games, is JL really #2; will their D be tougher than last year? will their DB's perform at a high level? What about the OL? What about WR group that still drops balls when they need to catch them? RB, lost a good one to FA, some depth maybe... Bottom line, 10-6 this year, possibly 9-7 (49r's, Bears (1), Chiefs, Rams, Ravens and Browns).... could also end up losing one to Vikings...... Hope not but this is the way it looks after 0-3 and 68-21.

If you’re gonna predict record know how many games there are.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, did Rodgers impress you his first two years here? Pretty sure if you went back and watched all his preseason tapes they'd look very ugly compared to what Love has done so far.

I have seen a lot of QB play in my time here and know what to look for. Love imo, is actually way ahead of the curve. Few rookie QBs, or at least the developmental project ones are able to pick up on the speed of the game and go through their reads and find the deeper downfield options the way Love has so far.

And lest you forget he was playing today with offensive second teamers vs one of the best AFC team's starting unit. Just think if he had been playing with our actual starters on offense and we had been giving better play calls those red zone trips would have ended up with TDs.

I'm telling you man, I didn't think we'd be able to succeed two hall of fame QBs with a 3rd either, but I'm quickly changing my mind.
Why is that?
You don't think that identifying, acquiring and developing hof calibre QB's is luck, do you?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lead? Maybe our shut down corner, Jaire Alexander will lead the defense. And as we all know, defense wins what? It all.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, did Rodgers impress you his first two years here? Pretty sure if you went back and watched all his preseason tapes they'd look very ugly compared to what Love has done so far.
Nope, Rodgers wasn't that impressive at first either. I'm not trying to put Love down, or draw any conclusions about his future. He just hasn't impressed me so far. but I wouldn't really expect him to at this point. So there ya go.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is that?
You don't think that identifying, acquiring and developing hof calibre QB's is luck, do you?

May not be just luck per se, but it rarely happens as it is to have two HOF QBs in a row, and if Love became our third in a row, it'd be the first in NFL history.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Here we go again, the know nothing preseason nostradamuses coming out of the woodwork and spewing off diatribes based off of roster cut games with no meaning to them.

Worst analysis I've seen yet

Anyway, fortunately the sane fans outnumber you and understand where we really are. 12-5 minimum.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a team, I'm carrying nothing from the preseason over. Nothing. Zip. Zero.

The guys that will be around looked good and that that is their depth right there so, I'm good.

This. Pretty much all the games we played were our JV team vs starters on opponent teams. Hell I was shocked the Bills kept their guys in as long as they did today because that's highly risky. We learned that a few years ago when Jordy went down in preseason.

Ohh man I have never been so ready for the regular season to start and drive these nostradamus trolls back into their holes from winning games.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here we go again, the know nothing preseason nostradamuses coming out of the woodwork and spewing off diatribes based off of roster cut games with no meaning to them.

Worst analysis I've seen yet

Anyway, fortunately the sane fans outnumber you and understand where we really are. 12-5 minimum.
All due respect PFIC, it was you that had between 5 and 10 posts spewing diatribe about how important these no meaning games are. How so much can be learned from them? Did I misunderstand your posts? You will soon see the harm that Mr. Wonderful has caused this orginization and he won't stop until it is totally turned to ruin. Mark that down. 10-7 no playoffs.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Love had the misfortune of some really poor play calling in the redzone. No idea what that was about. Those were perfect situations to see if Love could drop back and get balls to guys when the field is condensed.

Beyond that, like I've mentioned before, Love has all of the arm talent in the world. But he did make a couple of really poor decisions. One was the heave to the end zone that was candy from a baby for Micah Hyde, and the other was a cross body bullet to the end zone that could've just as easily been picked as fallen incomplete.

I think he felt a lot more comfortable in the pocket today. His drop backs looked far more fluid.

But he's most definitely not ready for regular season action.

Benkert would give the Packers a better chance at winning games than Love would for THIS season, but there's zero chance that the Packers hold on to 3 QB's.

If both Love and Benkert make the squad, that would be a really, really bad sign. Like I said though, won't happen.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McDuffie didn’t show in statline but anyone paying attention loved how his helmet was in or right by the play.

Taylor and Begelton easily IMO have finalized the days of EQ in Green Bay sadly.

I also think Heflin is forcing the team to find a way to keep him.

Bills played their number ones a lot, honestly shocked by it.
And this should encourage us seeing how our backups performed in the first half.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm still not impressed with Love. I know he's still learning, and I'm not saying he can't or won't become the guy. He's just not impressing me. Shrug.
Today he was playing against a lot of the Bills' starters behind a backup OL and WRs. He made rookie mistakes but he looked pretty good out there considering he is basically still a rookie seeing he hardly played at all last year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m blown away at the number of people that think a team which is returning literally every offensive weapon (Dillon more than replaces Williams) added Cobb and Amari (and Hill for that matter) plus kept the defense together with some taking paycuts and others restructured.

Growth from key guys like Gary, Jenkins, Dillon, MVS, Tonyan and Savage all expected to handle more on their plates.

Add in a strong draft class and an ILB that is more than capable NFL ILB in Campbell.

I mean sure things may swing wrong more but to predict this team misses playoffs or wins only 9 games when there is one more game this year and we just won 13 two straight years.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m blown away at the number of people that think a team which is returning literally every offensive weapon (Dillon more than replaces Williams) added Cobb and Amari (and Hill for that matter) plus kept the defense together with some taking paycuts and others restructured.

Growth from key guys like Gary, Jenkins, Dillon, MVS, Tonyan and Savage all expected to handle more on their plates.

Add in a strong draft class and an ILB that is more than capable NFL ILB in Campbell.

I mean sure things may swing wrong more but to predict this team misses playoffs or wins only 9 games when there is one more game this year and we just won 13 two straight years.
Psychologically screwed thanks to #12. All the talent in the world does not negate the cancerous disease that he has perpetuated.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All due respect PFIC, it was you that had between 5 and 10 posts spewing diatribe about how important these no meaning games are. How so much can be learned from them? Did I misunderstand your posts? You will soon see the harm that Mr. Wonderful has caused this orginization and he won't stop until it is totally turned to ruin. Mark that down. 10-7 no playoffs.

I really should ignore this and dump it in the forum waste pit, but since I am in a posting mood today I'll play

Yeah, I believe I was talking about their importance to developing Love and allowing certain vets as well as the newbies to make one more good impression to try and make the roster yet again. But also pretty sure I made clear the scoreboard and Ws and Ls were not.

Oh yeah, Mr Rodgers is definitely out there trying to sabotage this team by giving some advice and pointers to Love to try and help him succeed as well as staying engaged with other players. How dare he do that? Although I'm trying to figure out if he's out to drive this team into the ground with ruin, why would he give us a 10-7 record as you say? Why not 0-17? Hmmm strange way of running a team to ruin.

Anyway, seems like you got the season already figured out, so why bother even paying attention to it?

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, Rodgers wasn't that impressive at first either. I'm not trying to put Love down, or draw any conclusions about his future. He just hasn't impressed me so far. but I wouldn't really expect him to at this point. So there ya go.
Yeah, that interception was terrible. Things like that can lose games. It reminded me of the idiot plays Farve used to make.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really should ignore this and dump it in the forum waste pit, but since I am in a posting mood today I'll play

Yeah, I believe I was talking about their importance to developing Love and allowing certain vets as well as the newbies to make one more good impression to try and make the roster yet again. But also pretty sure I made clear the scoreboard and Ws and Ls were not.

Oh yeah, Mr Rodgers is definitely out there trying to sabotage this team by giving some advice and pointers to Love to try and help him succeed as well as staying engaged with other players. How dare he do that? Although I'm trying to figure out if he's out to drive this team into the ground with ruin, why would he give us a 10-7 record as you say? Why not 0-17? Hmmm strange way of running a team to ruin.

Anyway, seems like you got the season already figured out, so why bother even paying attention to it?
pfic - while I love the fact that you speak your mind does not necessarily mean that others cannot have a varying opinion too. I'm here to tell you that AR12 has already lost a MINIMUM of 25 percent of all packer fans regardless. His snarky attitude of a Cally princess makes the hard nosed fans want to vomit, just saying.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that interception was terrible. Things like that can lose games. It reminded me of the idiot plays Farve used to make.
He had 8.3 yards per pass, that's pretty good.
There, I said something nice about him.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol, I've only seen a couple of people say so, and they aren't anyone who I would call the "serious posters" category.

I think most understand that preseason has no correlation to regular season outcomes, especially when pretty much all starters on both sides of the ball played exactly zero snaps. We know our guys are going to be ready and raring to go come September 12, I can feel it.

Love had the misfortune of some really poor play calling in the redzone. No idea what that was about. Those were perfect situations to see if Love could drop back and get balls to guys when the field is condensed.

Beyond that, like I've mentioned before, Love has all of the arm talent in the world. But he did make a couple of really poor decisions. One was the heave to the end zone that was candy from a baby for Micah Hyde, and the other was a cross body bullet to the end zone that could've just as easily been picked as fallen incomplete.

I think he felt a lot more comfortable in the pocket today. His drop backs looked far more fluid.

But he's most definitely not ready for regular season action.

Benkert would give the Packers a better chance at winning games than Love would for THIS season, but there's zero chance that the Packers hold on to 3 QB's.

If both Love and Benkert make the squad, that would be a really, really bad sign. Like I said though, won't happen.

Yeah, I don't know why this wasn't mentioned more. You're in the red zone, fake the handoff and roll the guy out for goodness sake and let him find open windows. Way too predictable play calls down there.

Now, whether or not Love would be ready for the regular season, well I mean no and yes. I definitely wouldn't want him being the full time starter yet, but if he had to take over in the event of a Rodgers injury for one or two games, I think he would be more than capable. I feel like right now he's right about where Rodgers was in 2007. Not good enough to take over for Favre quite yet, but good enough to be able to stand in for him down in Dallas when he needed to.

And, well on Benkert I've kinda beaten that topic to death now but ... man oh man I really want to keep him.

Staff online

Latest posts