Pre Season Game 3 vs Bills

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hill looked very impressive. Lots of patience, great vision and good quickness. He has a great future ahead of him.

Love. He played better this week. He made good decisions, played with poise, and had better touch on his passes. But that really stupid launch into the endzone can't happen again. Without that one play, I would have put him in the very impressive category.

McDuffie helped himself the most today. He will make the team now. Heflin helped himself the 2nd most. Lancaster is probably gone.

Sternberger is done as a Packer.

EQ is gone.

Begelton and Taylor will make the team. Winfrey to the PS.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pfic - while I love the fact that you speak your mind does not necessarily mean that others cannot have a varying opinion too. I'm here to tell you that AR12 has already lost a MINIMUM of 25 percent of all packer fans regardless. His snarky attitude of a Cally princess makes the hard nosed fans want to vomit, just saying.

Lol of course, that's pretty much been common knowledge around here a while. Of course many fans have taken exception to the Rodgers off-season drama and attitude, and I accept that. That's not exactly what the dude was talking about though if you read what he actually said.

Yeah, anyone can have their opinion but if you're just gonna throw out BS there that's based on nothing but imagination and prognostication, I damn sure will call it out.

Reaction score
Hope not but this is the way it looks after 0-3 and 68-21.
Frankly I could care less what the score of a scrimmage was.

Can you imagine had Buffalo put their bench players and street FA’s against Aaron Rodgers and our starting Offense and starting Defense?? We would’ve beat them 37-10 and that’s being nice. Might’ve put up a 40 burger.

If you recall the Bills went 13-3 with Josh Allen behind C. The #2 Offense in the 2020 NFL just played the equivalent of the #48 rated Defense. What did you expect?

Truthfully our backups should’ve realistically put up 10 points today and we got sloppy and didn’t finish drives. We missed getting points on 3 separate drives from the 21 yard line to the 1 foot line. Our Defense played admirably and if they held teams to 19 points all season long? They’d be a top 10 Defense.

Last edited:

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really should ignore this and dump it in the forum waste pit, but since I am in a posting mood today I'll play

Yeah, I believe I was talking about their importance to developing Love and allowing certain vets as well as the newbies to make one more good impression to try and make the roster yet again. But also pretty sure I made clear the scoreboard and Ws and Ls were not.

Oh yeah, Mr Rodgers is definitely out there trying to sabotage this team by giving some advice and pointers to Love to try and help him succeed as well as staying engaged with other players. How dare he do that? Although I'm trying to figure out if he's out to drive this team into the ground with ruin, why would he give us a 10-7 record as you say? Why not 0-17? Hmmm strange way of running a team to ruin.

Anyway, seems like you got the season already figured out, so why bother even paying attention to it?
Let's face it. Mr. Wonderful has painted himself into a corner. Anything less than a 17-0 regular season and a clean sweep to a Superbowl win MUST be considered a failure. How could it be considered anything else? I believe this a better than average team that unfortunately isn't going to be able to cash the checks that its "star" QB has written. Just my opinion.

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hill looked very impressive. Lots of patience, great vision and good quickness. He has a great future ahead of him.

Love. He played better this week. He made good decisions, played with poise, and had better touch on his passes. But that really stupid launch into the endzone can't happen again. Without that one play, I would have put him in the very impressive category.

McDuffie helped himself the most today. He will make the team now. Heflin helped himself the 2nd most. Lancaster is probably gone.

EQ is gone.

Agree Taylor will make the team but I think we’d of been better off with Kumerow. I can better understand AR’s anger at not being consulted on such personell moves. Arrogant and stupid of management. I have to believe that communications issue is now working as it should.

Reaction score
Agree Taylor will make the team but I think we’d of been better off with Kumerow. I can better understand AR’s anger at not being consulted on such personell moves. Arrogant and stupid of management. I have to believe that communications issue is now working as it should.
Kumerow? He had 1 catch for 22 yards in 2020 (I’ll give him props it was a TD)

Give Malik Taylor the same amount of time and first team opportunities as Kumerow has had and I’d put my money on Malik to ascend further. No offense to Kumerow but he’s certainly not lighting up the NFL. Not to mention Malik has a much longer career ahead of him as Kumerow will turn 30 just days after this years Super Bowl.

Last edited:

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If being a "serious poster" means agreeing with everything that certain people say in this forum, then why have it all? Makes no sense. Quit calling people names, quit calling people "know nothings". This forum would be totally lame if it were just puppy dogs and roses.
Ahh thanks for clarifying. Hahaha :roflmao:
You didn't answer the question.

Reaction score
As has been said before, there's no way another team doesn't pick him up off of waivers and sign him instantly to their 53. Take it to the bank.
If I read this link correctly? Teams can choose 4 PS players (of the 16 total) with immunity. Naturally if a team has a decent #3 QB that’s 1 of those 4

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I read this link correctly? Teams can choose 4 PS players (of the 16 total) with immunity. Naturally if a team has a decent #3 QB that’s 1 of those 4

But doesn't every player not making the 53 essentially get put on the waiver wire until practice squads are able to be signed back? It's not like we can say, oh, he's PS and protected. every player not making the 53 is fair game for every other team's 53. Once those are set, then everyone can sign PS players and then we can choose a few to protect on a week to week basis.

At least that's how I think it goes.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

EQ is gone.

I think Jean Charles might be shown the door - he looked terrible today - fry daddy terrible, burned quite a few times. If St Brown or Lancaster make the 53 I am going to erp. RB Taylor to PS, he is big and if Dillon gets hurt would be a good bigger body replacement. We have been patient enough with Dexter...PS too. Dafney should be on the team but hard to say due to deguara. And Sternbuster? exactly what he is.

Reaction score
But doesn't every player not making the 53 essentially get put on the waiver wire until practice squads are able to be signed back? It's not like we can say, oh, he's PS and protected. every player not making the 53 is fair game for every other team's 53. Once those are set, then everyone can sign PS players and then we can choose a few to protect on a week to week basis.

At least that's how I think it goes.
idk. That’s why I asked the question in an earlier post. I think you are right though that’s how we lost Taysom to the Saints a few years ago.

Actually I found it snd you are correct. Right at the bottom of an Aug 24th SBNation article

• In order to be signed to a practice squad after being released, a player must first clear waivers, and is subject to waiver claims by other teams

Last edited:

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taylor may prove greater potential than Kumerow. We’ll see.
Most importantly I hope the ones are better with the new defensive scheme

Last edited:
Reaction score
Let's face it. Mr. Wonderful has painted himself into a corner. Anything less than a 17-0 regular season and a clean sweep to a Superbowl win MUST be considered a failure. How could it be considered anything else? I believe this a better than average team that unfortunately isn't going to be able to cash the checks that its "star" QB has written. Just my opinion.
I don’t care if we go 9-7-1 and then win the Super Bowl as a #7 seed.
If we win this years SB by just 1 point or OT or whatever way we win it? it’ll be considered a huge success regardless of regular season record.

IMO, our biggest hurdles will be getting cohesive on a 1st year Defense and just playing fare to midland on ST. This schedule is one of the tougher ones I’ve seen in the last few seasons, so it’ll be really important to get a fast start. I’d like to see a 5-3; 6-2:7-1 type start time propel us into the 3rd-4th quarters of the season. We don’t need to be undefeated, but it would increase our chances heavily to at least win the division and finish as #1-#3 seed range.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk. That’s why I asked the question in an earlier post. I think you are right though that’s how we lost Taysom to the Saints a few years ago.

Actually I found it snd you are correct. Right at the bottom of an Aug 24th SBNation article

• In order to be signed to a practice squad after being released, a player must first clear waivers, and is subject to waiver claims by other teams
Thanks for digging that up

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder who's calling plays today. I mean I get that maybe you don't run your more sophisticated Rodgers plays with your backups but damn, I feel like Love and Benkert at least have the smarts to execute a play action or zone read type play.
Luke Getsy called all four drives Love was in. Justin Outten called a few drives and Jason Vrabel called the last two.
32:45 here:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a FYI. I read this somewhere and have to find it..might have been under Mike Mc?

But.

Sometimes plays in preseason are called to just look at certain players.
Luke Getsy called all four drives Love was in. Justin Outten called a few drives and Jason Vrabel called the last two.
32:45 here:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Latest posts