Pre Season Game 3 vs Bills

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am looking forward to watching McDuffie. He played pretty well last game. He is not any bigger than the other inside linebackers but he looks bigger. Maybe his lateral movement is very good. Also want to see how Newman does and whether or not Patrick can play well.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the young guys get thrown into the fire here ... Thank god it doesn't matter if we win or lose.

Get ready suckas you bout to see Jordan Love throw for 250 and 3 TDs .... Lol jk probably not. But to that point ...

Love should hopefully get some extended time this game, or at least I hope so since he didn't get to play last game.

Well, for any last people on the bubble this is it. Make your last run for it and hope you can crack the 53.

So obviously I'm hoping Love does well so that the Benkert trolls get shut up. Now I'm a Benkert supporter in that I think we should put him on the 53 to keep in the back pocket, but there is no controversy over who is QB number 2, nor are we going to abandon the plan to install Love when Rodgers's time is up. So ... anyone who thinks so time to pull your head out of the *****.

Reaction score
Well, the young guys get thrown into the fire here ... Thank god it doesn't matter if we win or lose.

Get ready suckas you bout to see Jordan Love throw for 250 and 3 TDs .... Lol jk probably not. But to that point ...

Love should hopefully get some extended time this game, or at least I hope so since he didn't get to play last game.

Well, for any last people on the bubble this is it. Make your last run for it and hope you can crack the 53.

So obviously I'm hoping Love does well so that the Benkert trolls get shut up. Now I'm a Benkert supporter in that I think we should put him on the 53 to keep in the back pocket, but there is no controversy over who is QB number 2, nor are we going to abandon the plan to install Love when Rodgers's time is up. So ... anyone who thinks so time to pull your head out of the *****.
You’ve been quite funny lately Carolina.
Loves 1 game performance was leaderboard material (albeit limited info with 17 tosses.)
He just needs more live work. It’ll be interesting to see which WR steps up. One good (or bad) preseason performance could literally make or break someone’s career.

Hoping we’ll see Begelton get several punt returns to see if that was a fluke. He could make the ST unit if averages 10yds+ or breaks one again. We owe it to Maurice Drayton to get him some help to right this ship that’s been bordering miserable for a few seasons now.
At 6’ X200-205lbX4.53; Reggie’s got ideal Safety type size/speed to play on coverage unit. I know he’s an underdog, but it’s kinda why I want him to overcome.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, well it has, contrary to popular belief actually been quite a fun preseason. I actually think it's great that now we got discussions and debates going on about players like M Taylor and Begelton, Ento, Gaines, and what will happen with Sternberger and Benkert.

It's so crazy we go from an entire off-season where Rodgers disgruntled is at the center of discussion to where .... Well I can't speak for everyone but for me it's practically become an afterthought. Now, it won't last forever as he'll take the limelight again in just a little over two weeks. But still, I've actually gotten a lot more optimistic lately about the future of Green Bay football even after he leaves.

Man I'll tell ya though, Sept 12 can't get here fast enough. Unlike last year where you had that fear of no football taking away the hype, this year feels like a very special year about to unfold.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think it's great that now we got discussions and debates going on about players like M Taylor and Begelton, Ento, Gaines, and what will happen with Sternberger and Benkert.

I mean, 40+ of the 53 are more or less set in stone before training camp practice 1. We argue about the backup holder cuz that's all we got. :)

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, 40+ of the 53 are more or less set in stone before training camp practice 1. We argue about the backup holder cuz that's all we got. :)

Kind of, but there always are some surprise players that pop up, which is what we been following here. But my broader point being that at least for a while now the Rodgers talk has kinda disappeared and ... yeah. I'll tell ya though no matter who stays or goes here this final cutdown is going to be very interesting. Only bad thing about preseason being shortened is that 15 day wait until our opening game is going to feel like 15 years. Oh man it's not going to get here fast enough.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed seeing the backups play in the preseason. When others (likely 80%+) of the world complained about preseason games being boring and meaningless, I always enjoyed the battles even if the level of competition was not top-notch. Once the regular seasons started, I always liked knowing the backups that inevitably game into the games after starters got injured.

With most of the starters sidelined, seeing these backup guys isolated in 2021 has really been a treat. I watched a lot of Royce Newman against the Jets and really like the kid. I'm sure that he still has a lot to learn, but he seals his blocks well. I've also been enjoying watching the two new DL (Slaton and Heflin) so I'll probably watch the LBs and safeties more on Saturday. On offense I want to watch Yosh some more, the TEs, and I guess I'll see if any WR not named Malik Taylor makes a name for himself.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pfic is back in rare form. call phil jackson, maybe he can help our fruitcake starting qb with his zen playbook lol

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And here we go ... Final roster eval game before the real thing. Goals for today:

1. See if Love can pick up where he left off and build into his starter time

2. Big IF players - that would be you ESB, Winfree, Sternberger, and Dex Williams - last chance to prove your worth for the 53

3. See if JK Scott's coffin gets nailed shut

Anyway, not sure how Buffalo is going to approach today. Are they going to be putting their starters in for a last preseason game tuneup for the regular season? Or is it going to be the same thing we're doing with our last cut players?

Either way, let's finish up this game and start the countdown to the real games.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, question answered, Kuhn just said Micah Hyde is suiting up for this one so apparently there will be Bills starters out there.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE SWAMI IS IN.

Quick Predictions:

I'm going to assume Love plays until the Bills pull their starters. Then it's Benkert

With the signing of Farris(who's just a game body), I'm assuming all the depth defensive players will play as close to 60 minutes as possible to see who can really make the team. Slaton might not play too much unless there's injury or the floodgates are just open on the DL.

Jace is playing for his trade value, but I don't think he'll be cut by any means. Maybe a stash on the PS and he's protected under that new rule I believe?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Defense:

I expected the Bills starting WRs to dominate the secondary, no contest.

Nice job of Rivers on the sack. Garvin is getting some push. That TD pass was because all four guys had HORRIBLE rush plans though.

Previllon doesn't give us much, and Anderson is just a body to me. Where's Heflin?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh, man that sucks. Love did so well on that drive too against the Bills starters. LaFleur needed to be smarter there and call a play action TE fade for his QB or something.

Well if it was LaFleur, might have been Hackett. Whoever called the plays got a bit predictable in that red zone.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Possession:

Pleasantly surprised at the protection.

Nice grabs by Taylor and Begelton during the drive.

Love does look sharp on his throws.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things I like? Begelton, Taylor had a false start then makes big 3rd down catch the next play.

Hill has some bounce, Dillion is a nice change to see, just the pile moving forward.

Sternberger didn’t give him a chance at the goal line getting beaten so badly. That’s how you stop those big backs.

Love is looking good.

Jackson was better than Yiadom

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Second Defense:

Slaton and Heflin is THE COMBO. I think we can get a Conditional 5th for Tyler Lancaster Gute.

Garvin looking better, but I'll put an asterisk because the Bills changed up their personnel on the OL.

Yiadom giveth, and Yiadom taketh away. He tooketh this drive.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Second Possession:

Still waiting on Love to use his feet!!!! That's why he keeps getting smacked!!!! I don't care what the coaches told him, no QB should just stand there and take hits!!!! What was his GPA at Utah State???? He used it on the designed bootleg on 4th down but went back to the cute stuff on the next play and that was what got him picked.

Kylin Hill doing Kylin Hill things.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the toss if one on one but Love just learned what starters can do with Hyde jumping in front of the jump ball thrown. Begelton had the best window but I don’t think love saw him under and tossed deep.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better to learn from that type of play in the preseason than when it counts I guess. Definitely learning moment

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude he got tangled up with Newman just like Benkert did last week

Anyway ... So far that's the only strike I have on Love so far. Now, could be he was trying to get more air on it to throw it out of the back of the end zone but just couldn't. But ugh, yeah probably should have just taken the sack as painful as it would have been.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude he got tangled up with Newman just like Benkert did last week

Anyway ... So far that's the only strike I have on Love so far. Now, could be he was trying to get more air on it to throw it out of the back of the end zone but just couldn't. But ugh, yeah probably should have just taken the sack as painful as it would have been.

I think he was a hundred percent wanting that ball another 4 yards or so deeper

Members online

Latest posts