Peterson.....

D

Deleted member 6794

You are going to try to discredit him because of those stats, when his knee was tore up?

The year before that he led the league in rushing.......

The year before that, he was suspended and played one game all year. So two out of the last 3 years, he didn't have to take the beating of a 300 carry season.

Once again, while Peterson led the league in rushing yards in 2015 that was mostly a result of volume as he ranked only 12th in yards per carry among all qualifying running backs.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Peterson.....6 carries for 18 yards tonight. Vikings have to be loving Dalvin Cook.....22 carries for 127 yards.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings looked a lot better than I gave them credit for... hopefully it was just that NO's D was that bad. Cook looked really good.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Vikings looked a lot better than I gave them credit for... hopefully it was just that NO's D was that bad. Cook looked really good.

We shall see. There was a lot of optimism that the Saints D had improved after preseason, but that is often fool's gold. There's every chance they're still trash. Their personnel certainly isn't vastly improved.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson.....6 carries for 18 yards tonight. Vikings have to be loving Dalvin Cook.....22 carries for 127 yards.
I guess we should have broken the bank on Pedersen after all. That 3 yards per carry would have been so helpful.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings did look much better and they seemed to be in sync. I feel that part of that was due to the Saint's awful defense. They looked totally out of sync.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we should have broken the bank on Pedersen after all. That 3 yards per carry would have been so helpful.
Unlike the 2.8 from Montgomery? And I remember nobody suggesting breaking the bank - it discussion was pretty much "if he comes cheap, why not?"

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm satisfied with the young guys who have a future, contribute on special teams, and cost less than the AP who has already played his best football and will be out of the league in a couple of years.

What, no Matt Forte talk?:p

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unlike the 2.8 from Montgomery? And I remember nobody suggesting breaking the bank - it discussion was pretty much "if he comes cheap, why not?"

Well, as we saw, Montgomery can actually contribute in the passing game. That's an aspect that Peterson just isn't good at, and lets be honest, at his age he's not going to learn it. Peterson is a runner, and that's all. Unfortunately, he's not a very good one anymore.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No question on any of that. What I referred to was a comment that merely disparaged Peterson's YPC yesterday with no context.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings have an excellent defense. And if Bradford continues to throw like he did yesterday; they are very tough.

D

Deleted member 6794

It seems Peterson currently is only third on the Saints running back depth chart. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind it was the right decision not to pursue him this offseason.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
already tensions between AP and Sean patton. wonder what that was about.

ap, "hey, coach, put me in....*stares*"

sean, "no you suck! wished packers picked you up instead!"

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew somebody would bring Montgomery 's numbers up lmao.... The obvious point was that Pedersen does not represent an upgrade. And nice job ignoring Montgomery's real strength as a pass catcher out of the backfield ...something Petersen never did well even in his prime. Would I like to see more production out of Montgomery? Of Course... but we already had him and at this point he represents much more value than Petersen. The why not to Petersen is being answered... he is done.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems Peterson currently is only third on the Saints running back depth chart. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind it was the right decision not to pursue him this offseason.

Once again, no problem with that. It wasn't the issue at the time, though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson is done, Ty is getting better. This shouldn't even have been a discussion in the offseason and week after week of this season will prove that.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew somebody would bring Montgomery 's numbers up lmao.... The obvious point was that Pedersen does not represent an upgrade. And nice job ignoring Montgomery's real strength as a pass catcher out of the backfield ...something Petersen never did well even in his prime. Would I like to see more production out of Montgomery? Of Course... but we already had him and at this point he represents much more value than Petersen. The why not to Petersen is being answered... he is done.

For what I hope is my final 'once again', the point that AP did not represent an upgrade was not obvious to all, especially me. The point seemed to be that having a running back with a 3.0 YPC wasn't worthwhile. And, nobody mentioned Monty's catching ability, so that was a non-issue. If the question had been 'would you rather have Monty or AP?', we've got a whole different discussion.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what I hope is my final 'once again', the point that AP did not represent an upgrade was not obvious to all, especially me. The point seemed to be that having a running back with a 3.0 YPC wasn't worthwhile. And, nobody mentioned Monty's catching ability, so that was a non-issue. If the question had been 'would you rather have Monty or AP?', we've got a whole different discussion.
This discussion is just a carryover from the offseason.... all of the points on both sides had already been made. Those of us against bringing Peterson in were just being a little petty. We have been waiting for Peterson to finally play a game so we could post an "I told you so" I have been on record saying that Petersen is "done", and while it is only one game, Peterson mostly riding the bench and only averaging 3yds per carry against his old team seemed like a good time to rub it in lol.

Reaction score
Yeah, but I think you have to take a players whole body of work into account. Ty actually had 23 touches for 93 yards all-purpose=a 4+ yard average per touch. He was also 4/4 (100%) receiving VS. Petersons 0/1 (0%)

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol. You are discrediting a man who has more will power than you could even grasp. Combine that with the fact he was due 18 mil, being the ONLY reason he was ever dropped in the first place. And signed for what? 2-3 mil???!!! Lol

And I'm the one being ridiculed? Lol.

This situation is exactly like Favre... exactly like Randy Moss... truly elite, maybe the best player to ever play their positions... and the two players mentioned happen to have the best season of their illustrious careers AFTER they were written off by you brain scientists.

Peterson is going to make the saints contenders. Mark my words....

Is this a bad time for your "I told you so" follow up post?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No question on any of that. What I referred to was a comment that merely disparaged Peterson's YPC yesterday with no context.
And you compared it to Montgomery's 2.8 ypc. The context is the fact that Seattle's front 7 is much better than Minnesota's.

D

Deleted member 6794

Once again, no problem with that. It wasn't the issue at the time, though.

There were a lot of posters who didn't want the Packers to sign Peterson this offseason, especially as he would have been a terrible fit within the system with Rodgers mostly operating out of the shotgun. It's not using hindsight to agree with Thompson not even thinking about bringing him in.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
There were a lot of posters who didn't want the Packers to sign Peterson this offseason, especially as he would have been a terrible fit within the system with Rodgers mostly operating out of the shotgun. It's not using hindsight to agree with Thompson not even thinking about bringing him in.
You were all over that from the beginning, no doubt. I wanted him in a reduced role, but I think it was evident based on his behavior toward Payton that he doesn't want to be viewed in that way. He wants to be a #1 and that's certainly a distraction the Packers could go without.

Members online