Peterson.....

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm may be going out on a limb here but I'm guessing you're a big fan of the Combine.
those guys are too young, he likes the older used up players, most with an injury history and a decline in play over a couple of seasons. That's what gets him excited :)

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a mistake to put any stock into what players quibble during OTA interviews but you're way over the top taking their word as gospel about Peterson.
I'm may be going out on a limb here but I'm guessing you're a big fan of the Combine.
Ota's are a place where you need to shine if you aren't already an established star, imo. Peterson seems to have these guys speechless...

But the way they are mentioning Ingram ,as almost an after thought. Seemingly forgetting they have a young early first round pick stud on their roster....that right there speaks more to how well Peterson is doing...

I personally thought Peterson would come to GB and take the #1 rb spot from Montgomery. Lead by example. And show our young stud rb how to run with anger. Run like you are just better than the guys trying to tackle you...

But by doing so, you show Montgomery we aren't confident in him..... and that is risky thing to do to a guy who is looking DAMN good, all on his own...

I'd hate to see Montgomery and his 6+ ypc being over shadowed and forgotten because we brought in a hall of famer as a back up, who turned out to be still able to produce as a hall of famer....

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
those guys are too young, he likes the older used up players, most with an injury history and a decline in play over a couple of seasons. That's what gets him excited :)
Lol. You are discrediting a man who has more will power than you could even grasp. I value that. They lead by example, and that example is contagious...
Combine that with the fact he was due 18 mil, being the ONLY reason he was ever dropped in the first place. And signed for what? 2-3 mil???!!! Lol

And I'm the one being ridiculed? Lol.

This situation is exactly like Favre... exactly like Randy Moss... truly elite, maybe the best player to ever play their positions... and the two players mentioned happen to have the best season of their illustrious careers AFTER they were written off by you brain scientists.

Revis falls into this category too.

Peterson is going to make the saints contenders. Mark my words....

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never wrote of Favre, I never wrote off Moss, I haven't watched Revis play more than 1 or 2 games in the past 3 seasons so I have no opinion other than unless he was a vet minimum signing, he can go take someone else's money.

I'll mark your words, but I don't think he gets to 700 yards this season

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
This will most likely be close to Peterson's stat line at the end of the year. Now, there is no way of knowing that he could or would do this in Green Bay. And guess what? It doesn't matter. Peterson does not run well out of the one formation the Packers use the most. The shotgun. And ask yourself this question. How many plays do you want to take away from Rodgers and give to Peterson? Because Peterson does his best with over 25 carries a game.

If he plays every game. My bet is he will be within 10% of these numbers.

321 attempts, 4.3 yards per carry, 1380 yards.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If AP ends up playing a few more years, this thread could surpass the Janis thread in posts! :eek:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol. You are discrediting a man who has more will power than you could even grasp. I value that. They lead by example, and that example is contagious...
Combine that with the fact he was due 18 mil, being the ONLY reason he was ever dropped in the first place. And signed for what? 2-3 mil???!!! Lol

And I'm the one being ridiculed? Lol.

This situation is exactly like Favre... exactly like Randy Moss... truly elite, maybe the best player to ever play their positions... and the two players mentioned happen to have the best season of their illustrious careers AFTER they were written off by you brain scientists.

Revis falls into this category too.

Peterson is going to make the saints contenders. Mark my words....

There is nothing comparable between Peterson and Favre in this situation. To suggest there is is asinine considering your a Packers fan. The situations are different on every single level out side of having had HoF careers.

Nothing like Moss really either. One was a WR that went on to play with and rebound with arguably the best QB ever after having mentally checked out in Oakland. The other is a player comming off injury and now on the downside of his career at a position where THERE IS NOT A GRADUAL DECLINE. You continuously neglect that last part expecting 80% of peak Peterson when 80% of an aging RB doesn't exist.

*really your use of the word "exactly" makes me wonder if your clear on what the word means*

Revis is also a little different considering hed have to be paid more then 6 million just to make more then he'd get for sitting home.

And lol at AP making the Saints a contender.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, no he won't. Tell me, which year did he make the Vikings contenders?
When the vikes had a 40 year old Favre. Peterson got 18 tds that year... 50% more than any other year he played... Favre also had the best season stats of his career. With the most tds thrown since his 1996 MVP season....

D

Deleted member 6794

When the vikes had a 40 year old Favre. Peterson got 18 tds that year... 50% more than any other year he played... Favre also had the best season stats of his career. With the most tds thrown since his 1996 MVP season....

It was Favre making the Vikings a contender in 2009 and not Peterson though.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I did notice that too but I figured since he was so enamored with what guys do running around in shorts and not hitting each other that the combine must really get him excited as well.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was Favre making the Vikings a contender in 2009 and not Peterson though.
It goes to show that they were a complete team without a qb. When a 40 year old Favre takes you one bad throw from going to the Superbowl.
Peterson s stats went up 50% in tds from his best season ever. He also caught 43 balls for another 430 yds..... his best receiving year of his career.

Imagine what his stat line would have looked like with a qb like Favre, Bree's, or Rodgers, over the last 8 years....

D

Deleted member 6794

Imagine what his stat line would have looked like with a qb like Favre, Bree's, or Rodgers, over the last 8 years....

As I've already mentioned repeatedly with Peterson struggling with the quarterback in the shotgun I don't believe he would have put up great numbers with the Packers.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I've already mentioned repeatedly with Peterson struggling with the quarterback in the shotgun I don't believe he would have put up great numbers with the Packers.
When was the last 1000 yard rusher in GB???
You seem so certain that a great rb , couldn't possibly play rb in Greenbay... I will continue to disagree.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You seem so certain that a great rb , couldn't possibly play rb in Greenbay... I will continue to disagree.

He's saying a RB that doesn't run great out of the shotgun probably wouldn't have as much success when he's running primarily out of the shotgun. It's not a huge stretch.

FYI both Lacy and Grant put up 1000 yard seasons

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You realize how many teams didn't pursue Peterson right? A lot of good teams had an opening at rb but didn't go after AP. The Patriots, Packers, Raiders, and Vikings were all teams with rb openings and none of them deemed Peterson a fit even at a tiny contract. He has missed most of 2 of the last 3 seasons.

19, 31, 45, 67, 104, 63, 69, 18, 158, 45

Those are his yards in his last 10 starts.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
And 15 of those 18 were 5 yards or less. 10 of them were 1 yard officially. Peterson usually has about 50% of TD greater than 10 yards.

D

Deleted member 6794

You have to finally realize that Peterson struggled running with the quarterback in the shotgun for his entire career, he won't improve in that area as a 32-year old anymore. The Packers don't use Rodgers under center a lot. Therefore it wouldn't have made any sense for Thompson to sign him.

FYI Lacy rushed for more than 1,000 yards in his first two seasons in Green Bay while still being in shape.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he plays every game. My bet is he will be within 10% of these numbers.

321 attempts, 4.3 yards per carry, 1380 yards.
72 attempts, 2.1 ypc, 152 yds, 1 td

Starts slow. Gets a few more carries in game 3 and 4 but doesn't do much.

I say he makes it 5 games, gets injured, and calls it a career.

Maybe we should make this into a contest.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, I don't think he finishes the year healthy, but I think he'll actually start out kind of hot. Not crazy, but will have a few good runs and make everyone talk for the first 4 weeks or so. But then the PED's take their toll and he blows out another joint and is done.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, I don't think he finishes the year healthy, but I think he'll actually start out kind of hot. Not crazy, but will have a few good runs and make everyone talk for the first 4 weeks or so. But then the PED's take their toll and he blows out another joint and is done.
He averaged less than 2 ypc last season. He looked slow. He isnt going to come back from his injury faster. Not sure if NO is much of an OL upgrade. Got a feeling he will be wishing he retired after a couple of games.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think his comeback this year will be "helped", I think they knew he was under scrutiny last year and he looked it when he did play.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
72 attempts, 2.1 ypc, 152 yds, 1 td

Starts slow. Gets a few more carries in game 3 and 4 but doesn't do much.

I say he makes it 5 games, gets injured, and calls it a career.

Maybe we should make this into a contest.
You are going to try to discredit him because of those stats, when his knee was tore up?

The year before that he led the league in rushing.......

The year before that, he was suspended and played one game all year. So two out of the last 3 years, he didn't have to take the beating of a 300 carry season.