Peterson.....

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one game against a defense that is averaging better than 400 yards of offense per game to opponents. The Case Keenum led Vikings scored like 40 against them. Claim your victory now LOL
Yea, and Arizona averaged a whopping 50 yards rushing per game up til this point too.....

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
one game against a defense that is averaging better than 400 yards of offense per game to opponents. The Case Keenum led Vikings scored like 40 against them. Claim your victory now LOL
In fairness, even after giving up 160 rushing yards to Adrian Peterson's new team, the Bucs rank 12th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game. Before yesterday, they averaged only giving up 87 a game.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong at this point, just adding context. I haven't yet looked to see who they have played thus far.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is right or wrong at this point, it's kind of the point. 1 week out of 5 this far. Let's see how this is a month in and teams see how they're using him. And then let's see what the end of the season shows

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm fairly sure Arizona just proved that wasn't Peterson's fault...

It's worth mentioning that the Cardinals use Palmer under center way more often than the Saints or the Packers for that matter. I have to admit I was surprised by the success Peterson had running the ball vs. the Buccaneers though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's also worth mentioning that, IF this is more like the Peterson that we'll see for the rest of the season, it sure would be sweet to have that safety blanket right now in Rodgers' absence.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's also worth mentioning that, IF this is more like the Peterson that we'll see for the rest of the season, it sure would be sweet to have that safety blanket right now in Rodgers' absence.

Peterson would still have been a terrible fit for an offense quarterbacked by Rodgers. He might have helped with Hundley starting though.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
135 yards, and two touchdown in his first real opportunity this season. Was the difference in the game.... not bad for a warm bucket of ****. :)
I put Revis in this same category. Not a player that can carry wis whole team anymore. But definitely able to carry his own.... and then some, every once in a while.
week 2 of the AZ - AP experiment. Vrs Rams. 21 yards on 11 attempts. Sure he can beat his children but can he beat a rush defense ranked in the bottom 8? Apparently not.

It gets worse. Watch AP fail on his blocking assignment.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is the play where Carson Palmer broke his arm. Watch. It looks like he sees the blitzing LB but instead double teams the DL giving the LB a clear path/shot to the QB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
week 2 of the AZ - AP experiment. Vrs Rams. 21 yards on 11 attempts. Sure he can beat his children but can he beat a rush defense ranked in the bottom 8? Apparently not.

It gets worse. Watch AP fail on his blocking assignment.

This is the play where Carson Palmer broke his arm. Watch. It looks like he sees the blitzing LB but instead double teams the DL giving the LB a clear path/shot to the QB.
That's called strategy... now it will be like it was in Minnesota. No qb, and 30 carries a game. Lol

But seriously. His game was bad and it looks like he contributed to Palmer getting smeared...

The rookie Jones is breaking out... I was..... not as right..... as I could have been...... maybe.
You were righter than you were wrong..... :)

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread is exactly why judgements shouldn't be made based off one week.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This thread is exactly why judgements shouldn't be made based off one week.

Are you referring indirectly to Hundley? Because those are based on 1.75 weeks. :coffee:

When do we "officially" get to start passing judgement on guys making millions?

I guess in my opinion, some people can get bent out of shape too easily if someone criticizes a poor performance or on the flip side, over hypes a good performance. I doubt many of us are saying "one bad game, the guy is a bum" or "one great game, the guy is a FHOF" and are deeply rooted to that thought. But if we all sat around, waiting for the law of averages to play out, what would be talk about week in and week out?

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you referring indirectly to Hundley? Because those are based on 1.75 weeks. :coffee:

When do we "officially" get to start passing judgement on guys making millions?

I guess in my opinion, some people can get bent out of shape too easily if someone criticizes a poor performance. I doubt many of us are saying "one bad game, the guy is a bum" or "one great game, the guy is a FHOF". But if we all sat around, waiting for the law of averages to play out, what would be talk about week in and week out?

Wasn't bring up Hundley.

With Peterson, he was awful for weeks and had good game and he's declared back and grey again by some.

Actually, it wasn't tons in this thread. My fault. It was more the talking heads on TV.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's called strategy... now it will be like it was in Minnesota. No qb, and 30 carries a game. Lol

But seriously. His game was bad and it looks like he contributed to Palmer getting smeared...

The rookie Jones is breaking out... I was..... not as right..... as I could have been...... maybe.
You were righter than you were wrong..... :)
I wrote him off a few years ago when he got injured and was proven wrong. The guy has been incredible. But even when he was healthy last year he looked below average at best. The injury certainly didn't help. But then he had a big game with AZ (I didn't watch) and had an amazing day. No telling what he is going to do going forward, if that was the last hurrah or not.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
37 carries...... 167 yards....... talking about Arizona making the playoffs without Palmer.......
He sure didn't look over the hill this week. He looked like a hall of famer...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and to think he did that against the absolute worst rush defense in the league. Astounding LOL Not only are they the filthy bottom of the barrel in terms of stopping the run, they're pretty much the worst all around too. and as unbelievable as all that might be, they also have not won a game yet. Kudos to the ageless one :)

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and to think he did that against the absolute worst rush defense in the league. Astounding LOL Not only are they the filthy bottom of the barrel in terms of stopping the run, they're pretty much the worst all around too. and as unbelievable as all that might be, they also have not won a game yet. Kudos to the ageless one :)
Win is a win. Especially without their qb out there

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to take anything away from AP, it's impressive that he can still handle that kind of a workload at his age.

But if you carry the ball almost 40 times you're bound to rack up a few yards. :)

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just the first of a series of "I told you so" posts.:)
Point is he has been catching the ball out of the backfield well. And has been doing well in pass blocking drills.
We will see how this turns out. But I think we messed up big time. He wanted to come here imo. And we blew it.
I think protocol is that we just resurrect this thread. Throw in a few HA's and some LULZ and call 'er a day.

HA HA HA LULZ

/day

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As someone that wanted Lacy back in Green Bay :whistling: who am I to say I told you so. :D But yes, I don't think AP's 3.4 yard average and 3 fumbles on 156 carries was what Green Bay was lacking last season. Lacy at least "ripped off" a 19 yarder and no fumbles LOL

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
As someone that wanted Lacy back in Green Bay :whistling: who am I to say I told you so. :D But yes, I don't think AP's 3.4 yard average and 3 fumbles on 156 carries was what Green Bay was lacking last season. Lacy at least "ripped off" a 19 yarder and no fumbles LOL

I wanted neither!

What do I win?!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wanted neither!

What do I win?!

First I need to go back and tally up all your "dumb ideas" ;) :rolleyes:

I have to say, people give Slacker sh*t when he puts himself out there, sometimes "against the norm", I give him credit for thinking outside the box.

Members online

No members online now.