NFL 2023 Weekly Prediction Contest: Week 9

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ALL are welcome to play along!!

Guess the score of each team of each game...
Each game you pick the correct winner of: 5 points
If you pick correctly on at least half the games scheduled for the week earns a 20 points bonus
If you pick correctly on at least 75% of the games earns a 40 point bonus (plus the previous 20 points)
If you get all but one of the games correct nets 100 bonus points (plus the 20 & 40 from above)
Guess right on all the games and enjoy a free 150 points (plus the previous 24, 40 & 100)
And ..... If you guess both the correct winner and score of any game: 125 bonus points tacked on for each correct game.
If you've got incredibly mad skills and happen to guess every correct score of every game: you get a mega jackpot of 5000 points.
Post your weekly results in the score thread.

There are 14 game sores to pick for week 9. There is a Thursday night game, plus there is a game Sunday morning starting at 8:30 CST, so that's after the clocks are set back an hour.in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Good luck!

Thursday
Tennessee at Pittsburgh

Sunday 8:30 am CST @ Frankfurt, Germany
Miami vs Kansas City (H)

Sunday
Seattle at Baltimore
Arizona at Cleveland
Tampa Bay at Houston
Chicago at New Orleans
Minnesota at Atlanta
LA Rams at Green Bay
Washington at New England
Indianapolis at Carolina
NY Giants at Las Vegas
Dallas at Philadelphia
Buffalo at Cincinnati

Monday
LA Chargers at NY Jets

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you pick correctly on at least half the games scheduled for the week earns a 20 points bonus
If you pick correctly on at least 75% of the games earns a 40 point bonus (plus the previous 20 points)
If you get all but one of the games correct nets 100 bonus points (plus the 20 & 40 from above)
Guess right on all the games and enjoy a free 150 points (plus the previous 24, 40 & 100)
And ..... If you guess both the correct winner and score of any game: 125 bonus points tacked on for each correct game.
If you've got incredibly mad skills and happen to guess every correct score of every game: you get a mega jackpot of 5000 points.

There are 14 game sores to pick for week 9. There is a Thursday night game, plus there is a game Sunday morning starting at 8:30 CST, so that's after the clocks are set back an hour.in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Good luck!

Thursday
Tennessee at Pittsburgh

Miami vs Kansas City (H)

Sunday
Seattle at Baltimore
Arizona at Cleveland
Tampa Bay at Houston
Chicago at New Orleans
Minnesota at Atlanta
LA Rams at Green Bay
Indianapolis at Carolina
NY Giants at Las Vegas
Dallas at Philadelphia
Buffalo at Cincinnati

Monday
LA Chargers at NY Jets
Thanks for stepping up to the plate. In about a month I will give it a crack. These QB injuries kind of tweak the picks this week.

Pittsburgh 23 Tennessee 20
Miami 30 KC 27
Baltimore 27 Seattle 20
Cleveland 27 Arizona 17
Houston 20 Tampa Bay 16
New Orleans 23 Chicago 17
Atlanta 20 Minnesota 19
LA Rams 27 Green Bay 13
New England 20 Washington 17
Indy 24 Carolina 16
Las Vegas 20 Giants 16
Philly 26 Dallas 24
Cincinnati 30 Buffalo 24
Jets 23 Chargers 19

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thursday
Tennessee at Pittsburgh

Miami vs Kansas City (H)

Sunday
Seattle at Baltimore
Arizona at Cleveland
Tampa Bay at Houston
Chicago at New Orleans
Minnesota at Atlanta
LA Rams at Green Bay
Indianapolis at Carolina
NY Giants at Las Vegas
Dallas at Philadelphia
Buffalo at Cincinnati

Monday
LA Chargers at NY Jets
Thursday
Tennessee 20 at Pittsburgh 17

Miami 27 vs Kansas City 30 (H)

Sunday
Seattle 20 at Baltimore 27
Arizona 16 at Cleveland 31
Tampa Bay 17 at Houston 20
Chicago 20 at New Orleans 27
Minnesota 13 at Atlanta 20
LA Rams 17 at Green Bay 20
Washington 20 at New England 17
Indianapolis 20 at Carolina 23
NY Giants 17 at Las Vegas 13
Dallas 24 at Philadelphia 31
Buffalo 24 at Cincinnati 27

Monday
LA Chargers 17 at NY Jets 20

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thursday:

Tennessee 24 Pittsburgh 20
This is a tough one. The Steelers are a team that strangely rises to the occasion when you least expect then falls flat on their face when they should win. Now they beat the Rams on the road and the Raiders. Maybe TNF will mean they will get physical.

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a tough one. The Steelers are a team that strangely rises to the occasion when you least expect then falls flat on their face when they should win. Now they beat the Rams on the road and the Raiders. Maybe TNF will mean they will get physical.
I have found the Steelers almost, if not the hardest team to pick this season. Out of spite I picked the Titans too.

Where are Poppa San's picks?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have found the Steelers almost, if not the hardest team to pick this season. Out of spite I picked the Titans too.

Where are Poppa San's picks?
He is still celebrating last week. He will probably submit in a day or so.

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is still celebrating last week. He will probably submit in a day or so.
He got his picks into the Week 9 Picks Thread that Voyaguer sent out. I entered the thread under the category General when I should have used NFL Discussions as the category. My first week on the new job.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He got his picks into the Week 9 Picks Thread that Voyaguer sent out. I entered the thread under the category General when I should have used NFL Discussions as the category. My first week on the new job.
You are doing great. MLF may ask for some advice.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thursday
Tennessee 20 at Pittsburgh 17

Miami 27 vs Kansas City 30 (H)

Sunday
Seattle 20 at Baltimore 27
Arizona 16 at Cleveland 31
Tampa Bay 17 at Houston 20
Chicago 20 at New Orleans 27
Minnesota 13 at Atlanta 20
LA Rams 17 at Green Bay 20
Washington 20 at New England 17
Indianapolis 20 at Carolina 23
NY Giants 17 at Las Vegas 13
Dallas 24 at Philadelphia 31
Buffalo 24 at Cincinnati 27

Monday
LA Chargers 17 at NY Jets 20
Hey, Cheddar. Looks like you got the Commanders Pats right!! Congrats to you and Poppa San this week. The race is really tight and season only about halfway there.

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, Cheddar. Looks like you got the Commanders Pats right!! Congrats to you and Poppa San this week. The race is really tight and season only about halfway there.
Poppa San hit the 24-17 score for the Saints Bears game. You had a couple of close ones.

It's too bad that we had so many quitters early on. Just a few score bingos and they'd be back in it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poppa San hit the 24-17 score for the Saints Bears game. You had a couple of close ones.

It's too bad that we had so many quitters early on. Just a few score bingos and they'd be back in it.
I still cannot figure why I called the Saints win at 23 instead of 24. I kept thinking they were now a team that had to settle for 3s like against us.

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHOA! And then how the heck does Minny pull that one out? And the Commanders? I lost those 2 very late. Thankfully, Houston worked a miracle in the last minute and Philly hung on.

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poppa San and Canadian Cheddar
picked correct scores earning 125 bonus points each.

Player Record Points

Milani 9-5 80-56 850
Poppa San 10-4 80-56 810
Cdn Cheddar 9-5 76-44 705
Voyaguer 10-4 86-50 670

The following players have not sent in their predictions lately so their scores and records tend to suck.
Tynimiller No picks 31-18 350
lambeaulambo No picks 39-24 275
melvin dangerr No picks 11-5 75
Pike Badger No picks 14-18 70
Budman No picks 9-7 65

There may be mistakes in the above calculations. If there are any discrepancies in scoring requiring correction please contact me and I will forward them to the accounting firm of Peterson, Foster, Olson (PFO) who will audit your request. They really will.

Those of you who may have missed a few weeks, and wish to improve their pitiful scores, you are welcome back. Any new players who wish to show up the top tier players are more than welcome to join in the fun.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poppa San and Canadian Cheddar
picked correct scores earning 125 bonus points each.

Player Record Points

Milani 9-5 80-56 850
Poppa San 10-4 80-56 810
Cdn Cheddar 9-5 76-44 705
Voyaguer 10-4 86-50 670

The following players have not sent in their predictions lately so their scores and records tend to suck.
Tynimiller No picks 31-18 350
lambeaulambo No picks 39-24 275
melvin dangerr No picks 11-5 75
Pike Badger No picks 14-18 70
Budman No picks 9-7 65

There may be mistakes in the above calculations. If there are any discrepancies in scoring requiring correction please contact me and I will forward them to the accounting firm of Peterson, Foster, Olson (PFO) who will audit your request. They really will.

Those of you who may have missed a few weeks, and wish to improve their pitiful scores, you are welcome back. Any new players who wish to show up the top tier players are more than welcome to join in the fun.
Great job! Those Bills should not have gone for 2. They knew Poppa needed the 17 number. Jets really flopped tonight.

Members online

Latest posts