Peterson.....

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this a bad time for your "I told you so" follow up post?
It's too early of course...
First off the saints lost. Peterson got 6 carries. Maybe things would have turned out different if Peyton decided to use him more?
Second. The vikes are tough.

That stare down was what I believe is valuable. Will power. Like Favre at 40. He might not have been an all pro anymore. But he was by far the best the vikes have had in decades... Peterson can still contribute and make those hall of fame plays. He isn't done yet.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
First off the saints lost. Peterson got 6 carries. Maybe things would have turned out different if Peyton decided to use him more?
Second. The vikes are tough.

That stare down was what I believe is valuable. Will power. Like Favre at 40. He might not have been an all pro anymore. But he was by far the best the vikes have had in decades... Peterson can still contribute and make those hall of fame plays. He isn't done yet.
Problem is, he won't get 20+ carries a game, and that is what he needs. If Payton ever figures that out, then yes, he will be a force. He always got better as the game wore on. Look at his best games, not just in total yardage, but ypc. Any game under 19 and those number suffer. If he Payton was smart, he would play Ingrahm the first half, start Peterson the second have and run 35 times a game.

D

Deleted member 6794

You were all over that from the beginning, no doubt. I wanted him in a reduced role, but I think it was evident based on his behavior toward Payton that he doesn't want to be viewed in that way. He wants to be a #1 and that's certainly a distraction the Packers could go without.

It's not only the distraction with Peterson the Packers can live without, he isn't a fit for the team's scheme and seems to have lost a step.

Peterson didn't receive more carries because he dropped to third on the Saints running back depth chart. With Payton knowing how to coach an elite offense there's reason to believe AP has regressed.

Problem is, he won't get 20+ carries a game, and that is what he needs. If Payton ever figures that out, then yes, he will be a force. He always got better as the game wore on. Look at his best games, not just in total yardage, but ypc. Any game under 19 and those number suffer. If he Payton was smart, he would play Ingrahm the first half, start Peterson the second have and run 35 times a game.

I have a hard time believing the Saints are looking to run the ball 35 times with Brees quarterbacking that offense to accomodate Peterson.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing the Saints are looking to run the ball 35 times with Brees quarterbacking that offense to accomodate Peterson.
That my friend is exactly the point. They won't. Hence Peterson will be an afterthought by week 8. Unless the other two backs go down with injuries.

D

Deleted member 6794

That my friend is exactly the point. They won't. Hence Peterson will be an afterthought by week 8. Unless the other two backs go down with injuries.

In addition it's another reason it wouldn't have made any sense for the Packers to even think about signing Peterson.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Teddy won't but think about it.

1. The Saints aren't using him.
2. He would not cost very much.
3. We have our tp 2 running backs hurt, and one of them is a wide receiver.
4. If he's used properly I think he still has gas in the tank.
5. We have the Vikings and Saints coming up in back to back weeks.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. People complain he diexny "fit" the offense but the Saints run secret similar style. Including using Brees in the shotgun more than he's under center. Peterson is and has always been a one cut back...that's perfect fir this flipping zone scheme blocking they do.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a dumb idea last off season and it is still a dumb idea. How's his pass blocking these days? If you're trading for someone get Lacey. He at least wouldn't spend 2-3 weeks inactive while learning the offense.

EDIT: We've gone over this recently so I am going to merge it with that thread so that all the parties involved don't need to restate the same stuff.

Last edited:

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a dumb idea last off season and it is still a dumb idea. How's his pass blocking these days? If you're trading for someone get Lacey. He at least wouldn't spend 2-3 weeks inactive while learning the offense.

EDIT: We've gone over this recently so I am going to merge it with that thread so that all the parties involved don't need to restate the same stuff.
So we have an opportunity to sign a future first ballot Hall of Famer who can still bring it and pass blocking is the hill you're gonna die on? As if Montgomery's is any better. I don't think elite pass blocking from your running back is a major concern with the quarterback we have.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I'd rather sign some rookie nobodies off of other teams practice squads over Peterson. They'd probably perform the same.

MplsPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way he's a good fit. He's a total ego maniac and isn't bright enough to know that he's a spot guy now. Thus the stare downs and quotes already in NO. And yes, pass pro is pretty damn important when the passer bring protected is Rodgers.

D

Deleted member 6794

I know Teddy won't but think about it.

1. The Saints aren't using him.
2. He would not cost very much.
3. We have our tp 2 running backs hurt, and one of them is a wide receiver.
4. If he's used properly I think he still has gas in the tank.
5. We have the Vikings and Saints coming up in back to back weeks.

Yup. People complain he diexny "fit" the offense but the Saints run secret similar style. Including using Brees in the shotgun more than he's under center. Peterson is and has always been a one cut back...that's perfect fir this flipping zone scheme blocking they do.

Peterson has only averaged 3.3 yards per carry this season in New Orleans, carrying the ball only twice with Brees in the shotgun. He's a terrible fit with the Packers as Rodgers lines up under center even less than the Saints use their quarterback.

Lacy shouldn't be on the Packers' radar either.

So we have an opportunity to sign a future first ballot Hall of Famer who can still bring it and pass blocking is the hill you're gonna die on? As if Montgomery's is any better. I don't think elite pass blocking from your running back is a major concern with the quarterback we have.

Pass protection is definitely a major concern for a running back lining up in the backfield with the Packers.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you should read this whole thread....

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints have traded Adrian Peterson to the Cardinals.
If they got more than his value, a warm buckert of pi$$, then I may actually regret not signing him.

Nahhh. He would have been 4th string at best and he would have been cut anyway. Not sure what some people see in him at this point. I don't think they have actually watched him play the last 2 years. Cant imagine what AZ is thinking.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they got more than his value, a warm buckert of pi$$, then I may actually regret not signing him.

Nahhh. He would have been 4th string at best and he would have been cut anyway. Not sure what some people see in him at this point. I don't think they have actually watched him play the last 2 years. Cant imagine what AZ is thinking.
Who knows what problem they were able to unload in the process lol.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfect fit. Arizona loves old washed-up RBs. Smith, James, Johnson, and now Peterson. Maybe next year they'll bring Curtis Enis out of retirement.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

135 yards, and two touchdown in his first real opportunity this season. Was the difference in the game.... not bad for a warm bucket of ****. :)
I put Revis in this same category. Not a player that can carry wis whole team anymore. But definitely able to carry his own.... and then some, every once in a while.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one game against a defense that is averaging better than 400 yards of offense per game to opponents. The Case Keenum led Vikings scored like 40 against them. Claim your victory now LOL

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
135 yards, and two touchdown in his first real opportunity this season. Was the difference in the game.... not bad for a warm bucket of ****. :)
I put Revis in this same category. Not a player that can carry wis whole team anymore. But definitely able to carry his own.... and then some, every once in a while.
How about That? Wonder if he can keep that up. No problem admitting I was wrong if he can.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts