Peterson.....

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
First I need to go back and tally up all your "dumb ideas" ;) :rolleyes:

I have to say, people give Slacker sh*t when he puts himself out there, sometimes "against the norm", I give him credit for thinking outside the box.

I don't take issue with people putting themselves out there. It's when they talk a ton of **** before they've been prove right or wrong... that's annoying.

Also-- it's more than you can tally.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't take issue with people putting themselves out there. It's when they talk a ton of **** before they've been prove right or wrong... that's annoying.

Also-- it's more than you can tally.

Yup, if Football were an exact science, none of us would probably have much to say here. Which for me is what makes the sport fun to watch and talk about. Imagine a "Pro Golf Forum". What do you talk about, "he should have used the 9 iron instead of the 8"?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yup, if Football were an exact science, none of us would probably have much to say here. Which for me is what makes the sport fun to watch and talk about. Imagine a "Pro Golf Forum". What do you talk about, "he should have used the 9 iron instead of the 8"?

I tried. I got through "Pro Golf" and then fell asleep.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As someone that wanted Lacy back in Green Bay :whistling: who am I to say I told you so. :D But yes, I don't think AP's 3.4 yard average and 3 fumbles on 156 carries was what Green Bay was lacking last season. Lacy at least "ripped off" a 19 yarder and no fumbles LOL
:)
Oh man that humble crow pie tastes crusty. Lol
But let's be serious. How in the world did lacy go from Steven Jackson 2.0 to steaming pile of crap? I was wrong. But I still don't believe the drop off...

As for AP. He ran hard when he got his shot. Had a couple good games and laid a couple eggs against great defenses down the stretch. If he had not got hurt, he would have out produced our leading rusher, by a good margin...

I think in a better scenario with Peterson in Greenbay would have been as a back up to Montgomery. Maybe a rookie or two in the ranks.

But as it goes down in the books. All the running backs mentioned in this story, ended up missing substantial time this season due to injury...

Jones is a great surprise. I think he will be the starter next year, with Monty mixing things up.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Define our produce? Because I strongly disagree there.

Peterson averaged 3.4 YPC, and had 11 receptions throughout 10 games.

Jones averaged 5.5 YPC, had 9 catches.

Williams averaged 3.6 YPC, had 23 catches, and was a good pass blocker.

Montgomery averaged 3.8 YPC, and had 23 catches through 8 games.

Outside of Jones, none of them had a good YPC, but Williams and Monty did have an impact in the pass catching game. Peterson didn't out produce any of them in any area.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Define our produce? Because I strongly disagree there.

Peterson averaged 3.4 YPC, and had 11 receptions throughout 10 games.

Jones averaged 5.5 YPC, had 9 catches.

Williams averaged 3.6 YPC, had 23 catches, and was a good pass blocker.

Montgomery averaged 3.8 YPC, and had 23 catches through 8 games.

Outside of Jones, none of them had a good YPC, but Williams and Monty did have an impact in the pass catching game. Peterson didn't out produce any of them in any area.
I said if he had not sprained his neck, he would have out produced our leading rusher... Williams only had 556 rushing yards. Peterson had 529...

Regardless. As I said. All the rbs mentioned missed substantial time to injury last year... not good.

Jones is a star in the making. If he can stay healthy, he will start next year imo. He is the silver lining here imo.

Let's look at the lead-in rusher the last bunch of years.
2017 Williams 556
2016 Monty 457
2015 lacy 758
2014 lacy 1139
2013 lacy 1178
2012 green 464
2011 Stark's 578
2010 Brandon jackson 703
That's where ESPN puts us out of our misery, and stops the list... now looking at this , can anyone understand why I wanted lacy to stay a year ago, or a veteran free agent rb in Peterson?

D

Deleted member 6794

That's where ESPN puts us out of our misery, and stops the list... now looking at this , can anyone understand why I wanted lacy to stay a year ago, or a veteran free agent rb in Peterson?

No. While it was obvious the Packers needed to improve the talent level at running back last offseason it was abundantly clear neither Peterson nor Lacy would make it work.

Latest posts