Packers vs The Buccaneers: The Bay of Pigs Edition

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their O-line is hurt and having to be majorly reshuffled, Jameis Winston is banged up, Doug Martin hasn't practiced this week with a concussion, Hargreaves has a hamstring problem and hasn't practiced this week, Robert Ayers DNP practice today.... they have several on the injury list, plus they have been struggling anyway. With this game at home, I think we win and stay alive.

Packers: 24
Buccaneers: 17

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Why did he call it that?

I am old enough, but did not start watching NFL games until the 1990s.

Both teams were bad and typically fighting it out for 4th or 5th place in the old NFC Central division (down in the mud like a couple of pigs) in the mid 80s and early 90s. The actual "Bay of Pigs" was a disastrous invasion/coup that was sponsored by the CIA to overthrow Castro in the early 60s.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their O-line is hurt and having to be majorly reshuffled, Jameis Winston is banged up, Doug Martin hasn't practiced this week with a concussion, Hargreaves has a hamstring problem and hasn't practiced this week, Robert Ayers DNP practice today.... they have several on the injury list, plus they have been struggling anyway. With this game at home, I think we win and stay alive.

Packers: 24
Buccaneers: 17
I'm 100% in on the Packers winning this one at home.
I also believe it will be closer than 7 points.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ir is definitely bad for us. I never like injuries, but our chances of winning would be much higher with Ryan Fitzpatrick under center.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards that too. I mean, no Winston hasn't necessarily been tearing it up out there, but some receivers like Evans and Humphries might have better chemistry with him out there and he has a better arm and can get it deep better than old Fitzbeard. At the same time, he has thrown a number of picks himself and might give us a few.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKERS INACTIVES
20 CB Kevin King
44 CB Donatello Brown
62 G Lucas Patrick
77 G/T Adam Pankey
89 WR Michael Clark
90 DT Montravius Adams
98 LB Chris Odom

BUCCANEERS INACTIVES
22 RB Doug Martin
26 S Josh Robinson
28 CB Vernon Hargreaves III
43 S T.J. Ward
68 C Joe Hawley
91 DE Robert Ayers Jr.
98 DT Clinton McDonald

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ugliest good weather game i can remember. thoroughly out played and get a W. whodathunkit? cle next week may be even uglier.

Tampa Bay is more just stuck in the NFL's best division than really bad. I knew it was unlikely to be a blowout. Cleveland OTOH really is bad, so it can't get uglier next week.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
ugliest good weather game i can remember. thoroughly out played and get a W. whodathunkit? cle next week may be even uglier.
And for those who were asking what the gory years looked like, this game was a very good representative. This when they played the bad teams and the Detroit game when they played the good teams.

Reaction score
I don’t know if I mentioned it..this defense is absolutely pathetic
The Defense was on the field for :37 minutes which is about the equivalent of 5 quarters of regulation due directly to poor execution by the Offense. Our D gave up just 20 points and actually scored 7 so the Net D Points given up in :37 minutes was 13 points.
I’m not a Capers fan by any stretch but I’ll take that any day of the week.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Defense was on the field for :37 minutes which is about the equivalent of 5 quarters of regulation due directly to poor execution by the Offense. Our D gave up just 20 points and actually scored 7 so the Net D Points given up in :37 minutes was 13 points.
I’m not a Capers fan by any stretch but I’ll take that any day of the week.
You know, if the defense had actually made a few more third and long stops, they'd have been off the field more often also.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The TOP difference is noteworthy. When overtime was shortened to 10 minutes this year, one of the complaints leading to a vote was fatigue due to players being on the field too long. Offensive coordinators try to make defenses tired. If we are off the field for 37 minutes, you can bet our defense was exhausted.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching the Colts/Jaguars game. Maybe I got two games mixed up on the score updates, but for some reason I remember TB 20 GB 26 OT 5:32.
Well... that is very close to being correct.... I just watched my recording of the game and Aaaron Jones crossed the goal line at exactly 6 minutes left in the overtime... or as the official game recap says.. 5:59... I'm guessing the ticker you were watching just didn't update its stats to indicate a Final... it is interesting that they must also be using their own clock... hence the additional 27 seconds... but I guess mistakes happen lol.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley actually turning his back to the O-Line when scrambling...no wonder he gets sacked!