Packers vs The Buccaneers: The Bay of Pigs Edition

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
The Bay of Pigs!!! - For those of you to young to remember, Chris Berman used that name to refer to the Tampa Bay - Green Bay game during the 80s.

Reaction score
There are no games “in the bag” this year. This could normally be a tight finish but the Bucs are pretty banged up and playing on the road so I think we can take them this time around. We need a heavy dose of pass pressure on their new Center and Right Tackle.
Our confidence was given a boost at Pitt and we’ve remained relatively healthy considering
Packers 27
Bucs 20

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I feel like we can run the table, I really do. The offense is starting to click a little bit more. We just have to put together a game where we're consistent from the first snap to the last"

10-6.

We ran the table with a healthier roster that included the man who said it Playing a couple bad teams the next two weeks obviously helps, but Tampa Bay is not a lock.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Some people dont have the newly found optimism that I have...

P.S 700th POST!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Bucs have a top 5 passing offense, poor rushing, and struggle in the red-zone. The Packers defensively are good against the rush, bad against the pass, and in the bottom of red zone defenses. To me it looks like a favorable match-up for Tampa Bays's offense and they should be able to score some points. On the other side, the Packers offense is still an unknown commodity - will we see something like the Steelers' game or the Ravens? I don't think it matters as Tampa Bay's defense is bad and the Packers should be able to puts some points on the board. I can see this game being a shootout with both teams scoring in the 30s. Packers 34 - Bus 31
While that may be true. Tampa also took a rash of recent injuries. They’re starting OT and C are out and their starting QB is coming back off injury so expect some timing issues. We have a great opportunity to get after the QB here and expect us to test their new guys.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do firmly believe the Pack got this on in the bag. With Hundley finally coming out of his shell and that last sec heartbreak in Pittsburgh this team will be hungry to trash someone.

I think letting Hundley open it up against Chicago in the second half and then again against Baltimore kicked his development into gear and now he's showing good signs of progression. Hard to learn when you're not allowed to do anything. Too bad he couldn't have taken more of his lumps against Minnie and New Orleans. I don't think Pit was a fluke and I suspect he'll look even better against weaker defenses. If he finishes strong he might garner a nice draft pick for us.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even 10-6 is inauspicious for a playoff berth this season

You'd need 2 out of the following 4:

- Seattle finishes 3-2, go 10-6, and the Packers get over them on the head-to-head tie breaker.
- Atlanta finishes 2-4, go 9-7, and the Packers avoid losing out on the head-to-head tie breaker
- Carolina finishes 2-3, go 10-6, including a loss to the Packers, who thereby win out on the head-to-head tie breaker
- New Orleans goes 1-4, finishes 9-7, and the Packers avoid the losing tie breaker

There are other scenarios involving a Minnesota collapse or LA stinking up the joint sufficiently to open a window.

And all this assumes the Packers go 5-0 the rest of the way? That would be tough call even with Rodgers playing all of the games.

In short, this team getting to the playoffs requires some kind of miracle.

The Rams will likely win the NFC West, so they don't matter. (Seattle lost Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.)
We want to root for the Saints to win the NFC South so that the tiebreaker will not matter. Just worry about Atlanta.
Minnesota has the NFC North unofficially locked up. Realistically, we should only think about wild card possibilities.
1996 Jacksonville Jaguars

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack 27 Tampa Bay 10!!! then beat the Browns and Rodgers will come back and win the last 3.. 10 and 6 and make the playoffs!

Go Pack Go

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Zartan can you change the title to Bay of Pigs in honor of the 80s matchups?

I looked I dont think I can edit thread titles. I dont see the option for that.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I looked I dont think I can edit thread titles. I dont see the option for that.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If for no other reason:

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

If for no other reason:

If you really want the Bay of Pigs as part of the thread Ill just make a new one and just merge this into that one.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I do firmly believe the Pack got this on in the bag. With Hundley finally coming out of his shell and that last sec heartbreak in Pittsburgh this team will be hungry to trash someone.

Now with more 80s Slogans...

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you really want the Bay of Pigs as part of the thread Ill just make a new one and just merge this into that one.

I was just poking fun and having a good time. I agree with your OP here. I love the positive attitude you show and agree. Keep it up. But I might have more fun going on. Just realize it is just fun. But please keep it up.

D

Deleted member 6794

While that may be true. Tampa also took a rash of recent injuries. They’re starting OT and C are out and their starting QB is coming back off injury so expect some timing issues. We have a great opportunity to get after the QB here and expect us to test their new guys.

If only the Packers had some pass rushers capable of pressuring opposing quarterbacks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Kevin King and Ty Montgomery didn't practice yesterday while Ahmad Brooks, Kenny Clark, Quinton Dial, Aaron Jones, Clay Matthews and Nick Perry were limited participants.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people just want to be mserable and don't know how to be Packers fans. I think being a true Packers fan means wanting Green Bay to win every single week and supporting guys with yello/w helmets who deserve it.

Right now, being a Packer fan can make a lot of people miserable whether they want to be or not. Always a little tricky to define a true fan, but I think most still want the team to win, and rarely do we not support personnel who deserve it.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even with Rodgers... that game is no cakewalk.

Oh I wasn't trying to imply that at all. It's just that he gives us a fairly reasonable shot to do it if he's in his run the table mode. I just really don't think mr deer in the headlights Hundley is going to get it done at all against them.

That's neither here nor now though, right now we just gotta hope our D can get to Fitzpatrick and force a few bad throws out of him. If we can do that, we can win this one.

Croquet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a packers fan from Orlando I attended many a game at Lambeau Field south. It got to where we had a party bus and 15 to 20 people a year attending. Those were the days(and nights)!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts