Packers vs The Buccaneers: The Bay of Pigs Edition

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I do firmly believe the Pack got this on in the bag. With Hundley finally coming out of his shell and that last sec heartbreak in Pittsburgh this team will be hungry to trash someone.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Win this one and the Browns game and see what happens.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do firmly believe the Pack got this on in the bag. With Hundley finally coming out of his shell and that last sec heartbreak in Pittsburgh this team will be hungry to trash someone.

What was your outlook for the Pitt game?

Don't think the Pitt outcome could cause them to sink instead of swim - 'even when we do show up, we still lose'?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
What was your outlook for the Pitt game?

Don't think the Pitt outcome could cause them to sink instead of swim - 'even when we do show up, we still lose'?
The Pittsburg Steelers have a much better roster than the Packers. Basically the only positional group the Packers are better at is QB and Rodgers didn’t play. That was a good game considering. I would be embarrassed if I was the Steelers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
"I feel like we can run the table, I really do. The offense is starting to click a little bit more. We just have to put together a game where we're consistent from the first snap to the last"

:sneaky:

10-6.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pittsburg Steelers have a much better roster than the Packers. Basically the only positional group the Packers are better at is QB and Rodgers didn’t play. That was a good game considering. I would be embarrassed if I was the Steelers.

I was responding to

My question was obviously (to me) rhetorical, meant to imply that the poster, like all of us, knew the Pack was going to lose to Pitt (for the reasons you mention) and most likely lose big. Hence, since that result was so contrary to conventional wisdom, I was gently chiding Zartan for going all in on a Pack win this time.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Idk why...people said this same thing after the Bears ganevand looked what happened. As much as it pains me I can see the Bucs winning a close game. Bucs 24-21

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry, but in our history against these guys we've never had it in the bag even with Rodgers playing. While Fitzpatrick is not the NFL's finest, if he doesn't try to do too much he's always been decent, and if you struggle to pressure him, he can make throws. I also suspect the Bucs will be running with Doug Martin a lot more in this game than they did against Atlanta. We'd better be ready. Not to mention, you'd better believe the Bucs will be willing to try and make Hundley take more of those dumb sacks again.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I feel like we can run the table, I really do. The offense is starting to click a little bit more. We just have to put together a game where we're consistent from the first snap to the last"

10-6.

Even if we beat these guys and the Browns, if we don't get Rodgers back against Carolina beating them is going to be a monumental task.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

While I was a little surprised the Pitt defense didn't play better and got caught out of position a few times, it would not be the first time they've played down to the level of competition before. And ... a win is a win regardless in today's league.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
The Bucs have a top 5 passing offense, poor rushing, and struggle in the red-zone. The Packers defensively are good against the rush, bad against the pass, and in the bottom of red zone defenses. To me it looks like a favorable match-up for Tampa Bays's offense and they should be able to score some points. On the other side, the Packers offense is still an unknown commodity - will we see something like the Steelers' game or the Ravens? I don't think it matters as Tampa Bay's defense is bad and the Packers should be able to puts some points on the board. I can see this game being a shootout with both teams scoring in the 30s. Packers 34 - Bus 31

H

HardRightEdge

10-6.
Even 10-6 is inauspicious for a playoff berth this season

You'd need 2 out of the following 4:

- Seattle finishes 3-2, go 10-6, and the Packers get over them on the head-to-head tie breaker.
- Atlanta finishes 2-4, go 9-7, and the Packers avoid losing out on the head-to-head tie breaker
- Carolina finishes 2-3, go 10-6, including a loss to the Packers, who thereby win out on the head-to-head tie breaker
- New Orleans goes 1-4, finishes 9-7, and the Packers avoid the losing tie breaker

There are other scenarios involving a Minnesota collapse or LA stinking up the joint sufficiently to open a window.

And all this assumes the Packers go 5-0 the rest of the way? That would be tough call even with Rodgers playing all of the games.

In short, this team getting to the playoffs requires some kind of miracle.

Last edited by a moderator:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

- Seattle finishes 3-2, go 10-6, and the Packers get over them on the head-to-head tie breaker.
- Atlanta finishes 2-4, go 9-7, and the Packers avoid losing out on the head-to-head tie breaker
- Carolina finishes 2-3, go 10-6, including a loss to the Packers, who thereby win out on the head-to-head tie breaker
- New Orleans goes 1-4, finishes 9-7, and the Packers avoid the losing tie breaker

There are other scenarios involving a Minnesota collapse or LA stinking up the joint sufficiently to open a window.

And all this assumes the Packers go 5-1 the rest of the way? That would be tough call even with Rodgers playing all of the games.

Not a miracle as this is still too close to call. Some (optimistic?) predictions with the not highlighted being too close to call
Seahawks - Eagles, Jags, Rams, Cowboys, Cardinals
Falcons - Vikings, 2x Saints, Panthers, Bucs
Panthers - Saints, Vikings, Packers, Falcons, Bucs
Saints - Panthers, 2xFalcons, Jets, Bucs

Seahawks and Falcons have tough schedules while we have a relatively easy run up (providing AR is back). Give a few plausible breaks even a 9-6 may be good enough for a wildcard.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

And all this assumes the Packers go 5-1 the rest of the way? That would be tough call even with Rodgers playing all of the games.

I got you. But there's a lot of football left to be played.

Carolina has a really tough schedule. Seattle has a tough schedule and are banged up. Atlanta has the Saints twice, the Queens, and Panthers. So that's a guaranteed loss for one of the teams.

We need to be the biggest New Orleans Saints fans in the world the next 5 weeks.

Last edited:

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much like his bond with AR, McCarthy's faith in his replacement seems strong. And that appears the case for the rest of the team as well. Hundley & Team will shine on Sunday at Lambeau.

Bring on those B*ccaneers.

:rolleyes:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers run the table (again), the Panthers lose to the Saints this week and to the Falcons week 17, and the Seahawks lose one more, we make the playoffs.

Yes, a lot of "ifs" hahah.... BUT STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED.

Seriously though, just win this game and the Browns game and it could get fun.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sorry, but in our history against these guys we've never had it in the bag even with Rodgers playing. While Fitzpatrick is not the NFL's finest, if he doesn't try to do too much he's always been decent, and if you struggle to pressure him, he can make throws. I also suspect the Bucs will be running with Doug Martin a lot more in this game than they did against Atlanta. We'd better be ready. Not to mention, you'd better believe the Bucs will be willing to try and make Hundley take more of those dumb sacks again.

I'm not worried about the Buccaneers rushing attack as that unit has struggled all season and the Packers should be able to contain them, especially if Clark is able to return. I'm concerned about their ability to put up yards through the air though.

Even if we beat these guys and the Browns, if we don't get Rodgers back against Carolina beating them is going to be a monumental task.

It would most likely be a monumenral task to beat the Panthers even with Rodgers returning for that game.

If the Packers run the table (again), the Panthers lose to the Saints this week and to the Falcons week 17, and the Seahawks lose one more, we make the playoffs.

Yes, a lot of "ifs" hahah.... BUT STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED.

Seriously though, just win this game and the Browns game and it could get fun.

FWIW the Seahawks have to lose another two games for the Packers to have a chance at moving past them in the standings.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bucs have a top 5 passing offense, poor rushing, and struggle in the red-zone. The Packers defensively are good against the rush, bad against the pass, and in the bottom of red zone defenses. To me it looks like a favorable match-up for Tampa Bays's offense and they should be able to score some points. On the other side, the Packers offense is still an unknown commodity - will we see something like the Steelers' game or the Ravens? I don't think it matters as Tampa Bay's defense is bad and the Packers should be able to puts some points on the board. I can see this game being a shootout with both teams scoring in the 30s. Packers 34 - Bus 31

Not sure if I am correct or not, but I wonder if Hundley is more nervous playing in front of the home crowd than a hostile environment...putting too much pressure on himself?

Members online

Latest posts