Packers vs Patriots Preseason Game 2: Game Thread

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you may have missed the point. The objective is to wean yourself from cable, if at all possible. I have free cable at one of my homes, and don't use it. I use my Verizon unlimited $25 a month wireless internet plan, and my IPTV through my Amazon Fire Stick, and have over 21,000 stations and other options available. My IPTV costs $12 a month. I have small flat antennas that I use if I want to pick up the local over air broadcasts, and they work just fine for everything that's available that way.

Check out IPTV on the internet and see what you can do, and get with it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think we have a choice for TV/cable. They have a streaming service for the community we are moving into.
As said take it if it works. Also check out what your cell phone company can provide. We switched to T-Mo and get Netflix and AppleTV free plus reduced $ Paramount. We add that to PlutoTV and the LG channels. Everything is streamed through the $30/mo T-Mo gateway. Verizon in this area is pathetic. This is what happens in rural living. I've seen better uploads than this but not much.
ETA: You can check out PlutoTV through a browser now on your computer. I have the app on my Kindle to watch in airports.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, but this is the second straight week they've had the Packers on the guide, and didn't run the game when it was listed. Every other game was as scheduled, but not the Packers, I don't understand it. It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

Thanks. Does YouTube have reruns every week?

My cable company allows me to watch YouTube videos on the TV. And as has been said, most Smart TVs these days will have an app that will play YouTube videos. It's just a matter of figuring out how to do it.
I agree about the conspiracy. I am sure it is Rodgers fault. IMO He has asked them not to replay any games that Love looks good in.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson for RB3 mark it
I agree. I thought that he has been playing very well and am hopeful that they will keep him over Patrick Taylor. I have nothing against Taylor, but I like the way Wilson runs.

I thought Love and Clifford played well. So far neither QB acts like the game is too big for them. Reed is a keeper. He is another player that seems to be doing well and is not intimidated under the lights.

I was glad to see that Anders did much better with his kicks. If he and Bisaccia can get him settled down and kicking well then I will relax a little.

So far the defense is looking okay. Endgabare was playing out of his mind. We need the DL to get some pressure on the QB's and he did.

Reaction score
I agree. I thought that he has been playing very well and am hopeful that they will keep him over Patrick Taylor. I have nothing against Taylor, but I like the way Wilson runs.

I thought Love and Clifford played well. So far neither QB acts like the game is too big for them. Reed is a keeper. He is another player that seems to be doing well and is not intimidated under the lights.

I was glad to see that Anders did much better with his kicks. If he and Bisaccia can get him settled down and kicking well then I will relax a little.

So far the defense is looking okay. Endgabare was playing out of his mind. We need the DL to get some pressure on the QB's and he did.
Yeah Enagbare is looking like he reached another level. Obviously it’s early in, but you can watch those sacks and see his athleticism. On 1 he used a 1 arm Bull rush and just dominated his man and smothered Jones for the Sack. On the other he used a quick outside move with great bend and not only sacked the QB, but Also had the awareness and agility to swat the ball out, locate the ball and redirect complete opposite direction for a recovery.
That Sack, FF, FR was the best singular Defensive play I’ve seen this year. He was playing very Rashan Gary like imo.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Enagbare is looking like he reached another level. Obviously it’s early in, but you can watch those sacks and see his athleticism. On 1 he used a 1 arm Bull rush and just dominated his man and smothered Jones for the Sack. On the other he used a quick outside move with great bend and not only sacked the QB, but Also had the awareness and agility to swat the ball out, locate the ball and redirect complete opposite direction for a recovery.
That Sack, FF, FR was the best singular Defensive play I’ve seen this year. He was playing very Rashan Gary like imo.

when he learns the moves that will push him past good offensive linemen, he should do very well. He's shown he has the strength, and we know that he's going to get stronger as the season moves along, and before next year, when he's really going to start to show his capability. Let's hope he doesn't hit a wall where he can't get any better. It does happen to a lot of players. Him? I don't think so.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Before you spend a lot of money on the TVs, cable, and internet, check out the Verizon $25 wireless internet plan, which we can never seem to even approach a slow down speed with no matter how many hours TVs are on, and we use the internet. It works like a charm, and the only wire is to plug it into the wall.

Then, use a dongle (Amazon Fire Stick or Roku), and an IPTV service which is cheap. This gives you every option you could possibly ask for, including every sporting event you might want, and not cost a penny extra. It's not difficult setting up, and you can move the dongles from TV to TV, when you change them, or even take it on the road with you when you travel, and use it in your "2nd home."

Believe me. Find a friend who uses IPTV and ask them to see how theirs works. You'll be amazed.
Some areas can't use Verizon home internet at 5g. Sun city az only had lte verizon

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some areas can't use Verizon home internet at 5g. Sun city az only had lte verizon
You're right. It's not available everywhere. It's expanding all the time, but it don't matter if you use Verizon, or anyone else as an internet provider. I'd grab the cheapest connection I could. Years ago, when I started converting, I bought a Straight Talk hot spot, and used that as my source for TV and Internet. I carried it with me no matter where I went, and it worked pretty good. It wasn't great, but it was effective enough that I was able to get away from the costs that had already started to shoot up.

No matter where you are, there's going to be one service out there that's inexpensive, that is wireless, unlimited, and will work well as a base for your needs. It's just a matter of finding it, and saving hundreds of dollars a year. In fact, over the last several years, I figure we've saved a minimum of $2,000+ a year.

It's all about doing the research where you live. That's a lot of money.