Packers vs Patriots Preseason Game 2: Game Thread

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frigging NFL Network screwed me over again, they were supposed to rerun the Packer game at 4pm, and they showed the Steelers/Bills instead. I'd like to find whatever schedule they're actually using. Every other game seems to be correct.
Perhaps because the game was shortened because of that injury to the NE player they are still trying to find a time slot for it later on?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My sister in law wants to start Clifford. I don't think so.
Tell her, he isn't ready yet. ')
The NFL Network didn't show it yesterday. I'm hoping they do later in the week.
Why wait? Here it is and it is even with Harlan and Kuhn doing the play by play.

Just a note, was letting this run, while I typed. The video seems off, I don't remember it being THAT terrible during the game.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell her, he isn't ready yet. ')

Why wait? Here it is and it is even with Harlan and Kuhn doing the play by play.

Just a note, was letting this run, while I typed. The video seems off, I don't remember it being THAT terrible during the game.

Thanks for posting this but I'd rather sit on my sofa and watch than in front of a monitor or on my phone. This old girl wants to be comfortable.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this but I'd rather sit on my sofa and watch than in front of a monitor or on my phone. This old girl wants to be comfortable.
If you have a smart TV you can. Or do what I did, hook your TV up as a 2nd computer monitor! :)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ooooor - I have an app called "SmartView" which shows whatever is on your phone on your TV. Run the video on your phone and watch it (sound included) on your TV

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps because the game was shortened because of that injury to the NE player they are still trying to find a time slot for it later on?
I don't know, but this is the second straight week they've had the Packers on the guide, and didn't run the game when it was listed. Every other game was as scheduled, but not the Packers, I don't understand it. It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

Thanks. Does YouTube have reruns every week?

My cable company allows me to watch YouTube videos on the TV. And as has been said, most Smart TVs these days will have an app that will play YouTube videos. It's just a matter of figuring out how to do it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thanks. Does YouTube have reruns every week?
Not really sure. Usually, if you really want to watch something, there are ways to find it online. :)

If that was a "bootlegged" copy of the broadcast, the NFL will get it removed. The video isn't how I remember the actual coverage to have been. I would have been yelling at the TV all night if it had been.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Both of our TVs are dumb. ;-)
Sounds like you need to buy yourself a Roku and make one of them smart. ;)

My office TV was "dumb" and then I added this. It is just the one time cost for the stick and remote, you don't have to subscribe to Roku or any of the services offered. It will expand what you can and will use your TV for.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

My office TV was "dumb" and then I added this. It is just the one time cost for the stick and remote, you don't have to subscribe to Roku or any of the services offered. It will expand what you can and will use your TV for.

About the only TV that you can't "make smart", is one that looks like this:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

I bought a 40" Roku TV at wally world for $100 a few weeks ago just so I could sit outside on the deck or by the fire pit to watch games. A new TV isn't much more than the stick. House has decent Wi-Fi that reaches those points.

Reaction score
I had a dumb tv once. We felt sorry for it and used to Twiddle with its ears and tell it how smart it was. It was a Zenith and my Daddy said it ate Tin Foil. Daddy also slapped it and said it just needed to be consoled. He told me it’s ok they even made them TV’s to be Console d
Then they went and got Smart

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I had a dumb tv once. I just kept smacking it upside the antennae and it suddenly got smart. It was a Zenith and my Daddy said it ate Tin Foil. Daddy also smacked it and said it needed to be consoled. So I would pet the nice wood grain cabinet but it never helped.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I use both Amazon Fire Sticks and Roku. Both have their purpose. There will be things you want to get that aren't always available on both. A lot of what is accessible is through agreements between then and services. As an example, Spectrum TV. I get Spectrum easily with one of them, down in the RGV, and the other it's a bummer. I believe the one that's easiest to get the Spectrum cable lineup, when you're using their service, is the Roku, but not certain. I'd have to check when I'm down there.

Interestingly enough, if you have an Amazon Fire Stick, you can tap into Roku TV for their free stuff just by installing their app.

If you are an Amazon Prime user, you definitely want the Fire Stick for all that you get as part of your package for free.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just counting up the TVs we actually use at home in the RGV. Three in bedrooms, one in each living room, family room, kitchen, breakfast table (I-Pad), and one outside, on the patio. We use either a Roku or Fire Stick on every one of them except the I-Pad. In the Austin area, we have two in our bedroom (one for viewing in bed, the other, a 75" hanging on the wall, so we can sit or lay on a large sectional and watch it), one in my wife's sewing room, two in my office (an 81" on the wall, to watch sports, and a 39" on a table next to my computer desk, so I can watch sports on it, if on my computer.) Then, I have two monitors. One is a stand alone, and my computer is a Dell All-in-One, which is nice, because it doesn't take up the space of a tower PC.

When my wife and I give it up, and move out of the houses, there's going to be a huge rush on TVs going to friends, along with dongles, for them to enjoy TV.

My two sons already have dibs on my two computers and monitors.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just counting up the TVs we actually use at home in the RGV. Three in bedrooms, one in each living room, family room, kitchen, breakfast table (I-Pad), and one outside, on the patio. We use either a Roku or Fire Stick on every one of them except the I-Pad. In the Austin area, we have two in our bedroom (one for viewing in bed, the other, a 75" hanging on the wall, so we can sit or lay on a large sectional and watch it), one in my wife's sewing room, two in my office (an 81" on the wall, to watch sports, and a 39" on a table next to my computer desk, so I can watch sports on it, if on my computer.) Then, I have two monitors. One is a stand alone, and my computer is a Dell All-in-One, which is nice, because it doesn't take up the space of a tower PC.

When my wife and I give it up, and move out of the houses, there's going to be a huge rush on TVs going to friends, along with dongles, for them to enjoy TV.

My two sons already have dibs on my two computers and monitors.
Wow! We have the smart 65" LGTV in the living room, the 40" Roku I just got for outside, and my son has one in his room with the Roku box. We never had a 2nd TV until our main one glitched about 15 years ago and we got a small spare to move the kids gaming systems to their space. My monitor plus a spare monitor can be but never have been used as TVs. Wife says the bedroom is for two things and watching TV isn't either of them.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ust a note, was letting this run, while I typed. The video seems off, I don't remember it being THAT terrible during the game.
I had to order the YouTube Sunday Ticket Package in order to watch the Packers. I've been doing this for 20 years from DTV. I noticed YouTube is re-running the preseason games with no commercials and no timeouts etc. Games take about 36 minutes to run through. The problem is that the video is not very good. I sure hope the regular season game have better video.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We will be getting new TVs for our new place. We are moving next month and will be offering this home turnkey. Then we'll finally get smart TVs.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I use both Amazon Fire Sticks and Roku. Both have their purpose. There will be things you want to get that aren't always available on both. A lot of what is accessible is through agreements between then and services. As an example, Spectrum TV. I get Spectrum easily with one of them, down in the RGV, and the other it's a bummer. I believe the one that's easiest to get the Spectrum cable lineup, when you're using their service, is the Roku, but not certain. I'd have to check when I'm down there.

Interestingly enough, if you have an Amazon Fire Stick, you can tap into Roku TV for their free stuff just by installing their app.

If you are an Amazon Prime user, you definitely want the Fire Stick for all that you get as part of your package for free.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys recommend? Roku or something else?
Do you have Amazon Prime for shopping? If you do, I'd definitely opt to go with the Amazon Fire Stick. You get everything they have to offer, and it's huge, as part of your shopping package.
There's a lot of things you need to decide. What do you watch on TV? If you're from Wisconsin, are you looking to get Packer games, Badger football and basketball, Bucks games? Do you want to be a cord cutter, to avoid paying out that huge cable bill, and go with IPTV?

As far as smart TVs, they're fine, but not really necessary. A dongle, whether it's Amazon or Roku does the same thing, and it just plugs into an HDMI port on the TV. With the Amazon Fire, you just match it into your TV and use it to control everything you want to control on the TV.

Need details to give better advice.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you have Amazon Prime for shopping? If you do, I'd definitely opt to go with the Amazon Fire Stick. You get everything they have to offer, and it's huge, as part of your shopping package.
There's a lot of things you need to decide. What do you watch on TV? If you're from Wisconsin, are you looking to get Packer games, Badger football and basketball, Bucks games? Do you want to be a cord cutter, to avoid paying out that huge cable bill, and go with IPTV?

As far as smart TVs, they're fine, but not really necessary. A dongle, whether it's Amazon or Roku does the same thing, and it just plugs into an HDMI port on the TV. With the Amazon Fire, you just match it into your TV and use it to control everything you want to control on the TV.

Need details to give better advice.
We are not Amazon Prime members. We are leaving our older TVs behind and getting new ones for our new condo. We are from WI and our new TV service has the BIG 10 Network. I'm not sure about Packers games. We usually order MLB Extra Innings to get all the Brewers games. We'll know more after we get in the condo the first week of September. Thanks for all the info. :)

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are not Amazon Prime members. We are leaving our older TVs behind and getting new ones for our new condo. We are from WI and our new TV service has the BIG 10 Network. I'm not sure about Packers games. We usually order MLB Extra Innings to get all the Brewers games. We'll know more after we get in the condo the first week of September. Thanks for all the info. :)
Before you spend a lot of money on the TVs, cable, and internet, check out the Verizon $25 wireless internet plan, which we can never seem to even approach a slow down speed with no matter how many hours TVs are on, and we use the internet. It works like a charm, and the only wire is to plug it into the wall.

Then, use a dongle (Amazon Fire Stick or Roku), and an IPTV service which is cheap. This gives you every option you could possibly ask for, including every sporting event you might want, and not cost a penny extra. It's not difficult setting up, and you can move the dongles from TV to TV, when you change them, or even take it on the road with you when you travel, and use it in your "2nd home."

Believe me. Find a friend who uses IPTV and ask them to see how theirs works. You'll be amazed.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before you spend a lot of money on the TVs, cable, and internet, check out the Verizon $25 wireless internet plan, which we can never seem to even approach a slow down speed with no matter how many hours TVs are on, and we use the internet. It works like a charm, and the only wire is to plug it into the wall.

Then, use a dongle (Amazon Fire Stick or Roku), and an IPTV service which is cheap. This gives you every option you could possibly ask for, including every sporting event you might want, and not cost a penny extra. It's not difficult setting up, and you can move the dongles from TV to TV, when you change them, or even take it on the road with you when you travel, and use it in your "2nd home."

Believe me. Find a friend who uses IPTV and ask them to see how theirs works. You'll be amazed.
I don't think we have a choice for TV/cable. They have a streaming service for the community we are moving into.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we have a choice for TV/cable. They have a streaming service for the community we are moving into.
If it's free, take it. Then you still can do the IPTV to expand what you get without paying a lot of money for it.

Members online

Latest posts