Packers vs Patriots Preseason Game 2: Game Thread

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope there is no injuries tonight and everyone leaves healthy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s a WR helping out his quarterback! Doubs with 2 strong catches so far

Reaction score
2 sacks and a fumble. Enagbare is reaping havoc.
Great job by Eric Wilson again. Also Sean Clifford is just showing up again. He was a good selection for our backup. Very poised.

Reaction score
Lukas showing up no gain. I swear Zappe was 1 yard over LOS on that throw. I just assumed he was running it

Reaction score
Yeah it was a tale of 2 halves. Aside from 1 42 yard catch given up by Valentine we played really good First Half.

The second Half was mostly NE catching up to us for the go ahead score. Heath looked great down to closing seconds on a conversion it was 1st n 10 from their 17 and we had momentum. I’m guessing we score 7 there or go for it on 4th down etc. and I think we were still the slightly better team.

Unfortunate collision taking that Patriot player off on a stretcher. Smart move cancelling the game it was plenty of film and opportunity to play for everyone.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We need a new starting center. Too many bad snaps and other mistakes for a 3rd year starter. Packers went heavy 2nd string a series or two before NE did. Still looked good.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a new starting center. Too many bad snaps and other mistakes for a 3rd year starter. Packers went heavy 2nd string a series or two before NE did. Still looked good.
What makes it worse is that they could have taken Creed Humphrey instead. Oh well, win some lose some with the draft.

But yeah, Myers is a backup, not a starter. Anyone else in that group capable of playing C? Who is Myers' backup?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t know if that snap was on Meyers or the QB. Miscommunication for sure. You can see love glanced away at the moment Meyers snapped it.

So he saw a signal that wasn’t there and snapped it and that can’t happen or he got a signal and love decided to take another peak at the defense which can’t happen either.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Myers doesnt pick up inside rush well at all. May get cut w Hanson. Bakh Walker Jenkins Runyon Tom...this oline is very questionable.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Myers doesnt pick up inside rush well at all. May get cut w Hanson. Bakh Walker Jenkins Runyon Tom...this oline is very questionable.
I think other than C, the OL has a good amount of talent at depth - and that varies by position, but yeah there are a lot of questions.

I'm concerned with what is going on with Bakh. I've never heard of this chronic swelling/fluid on the knee this long after an ACL repair. It could be he's suffering from advanced joint deterioration, and that is very likely osteoarthritis. If that's it, he can likely play on it for a few years, but it only gets worse and can't be reversed.

I've read about magic injections that replace damaged or missing cartilage in the knee. I don't buy it. Medical science still hasn't come up with a replacement for cartilage that cushions/lubricates joints.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Studs: Anders, Heath, Wilson, Brooks, Clifford, Enagbare, Doubs, Love, Gute and the coaching staff for not panicking and bringing in another K.

Duds: Myers, Jonathan Ford, Thomas, Special Teams penalties,

I think both Heath and Wilson have played themselves into a spot on the 53.

Doubs catch and getting both feet down, highlight reel, as was the throw.

At this point I would rather see Enagbare playing ahead of LVN. But I expect LVN to be playing less like a rookie by midseason.

Anders had a nice bounce back game and that 52 yarder would have been good from 62+. He's a rookie, strap yourselves in fans, he will miss more kicks in the future.

Clifford does not look like a rookie. He looks like a really decent game manager. He may not have lit things up, but he made some really smart decisions with the ball.

Myers needs to get his **** together. The Packers will not cut him, since there seems to be little depth at the 7,8 and 9 spots. However, he may become a backup if he doesn't figure things out.

Both Jonathan Ford and Thomas, might be looking at hopes of being signed to the P.S.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes it worse is that they could have taken Creed Humphrey instead. Oh well, win some lose some with the draft.

But yeah, Myers is a backup, not a starter. Anyone else in that group capable of playing C? Who is Myers' backup?
Hanson who went down with what looked like a concussion last night. Madison Cole stepped in afterwards. I look at it this way there's a REASON Myers was starting over those guys.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hanson who went down with what looked like a concussion last night. Madison Cole stepped in afterwards. I look at it this way there's a REASON Myers was starting over those guys.
Yeah I hope you're right Rick. Myers has been around for a while and has been solid. Training camp is notorious for producing false positives and negatives. I'd be in no rush to cut him at this point. Having a new QB is enough for now. Changing out the C is a last resort.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t know if that snap was on Meyers or the QB. Miscommunication for sure. You can see love glanced away at the moment Meyers snapped it.

So he saw a signal that wasn’t there and snapped it and that can’t happen or he got a signal and love decided to take another peak at the defense which can’t happen either.
I was driving at the time. Did the line move at all? Any other player?
If no one else moved then I say Josh was wrong

Reaction score
Grant Dubose gets an honorable mention also. He’s not spectacular but he missed lots of camp and he’s just solid.

Heath was plain impressive. He went 100% reception per target. 5/5 75 yards. What was more impressive is several of those catches were contested and he makes it look easy. I think he can be a starter in this league with a floor of Geronimo area and very high ceiling.

Eric Wilson looks like a promising RB3. He’s not Ahman Green here, but he reminds me of how Ahman would move his power to speed. Not easy to take down and cuts on a dime. almost be afraid to PS him, I think he’s better than 2021 Khylin was pre injury and he looked good early on.

Kudos to Anders. This sounds odd but I just knew he was going to make that Kick. He almost gets more confident from distances, which is backwards. That kick went through the upright like it was a 42 yarder it’s not something we’ve been accustomed to. I think he’s got max range in that 65 area weather permitting.

I’m not impressed with CB Shemar, he should be farther along by now. For each good play he’ll have 2 bad ones etc.. he’d better be careful because Valentine has already passed him up. I love Valentines support in the run game. His run defense thus far is notably good. He’s going to be really good once he’s up to speed.

I’m totally comfortable with Clifford. He plays like you’d expect from a 3rd Round selection in year 2. I have a friend that follows Penn State and he was excited for me/us when we drafted Clifford, you would’ve thought we drafted his 1st Cousin when I saw him the day after the draft.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts