Packers vs Buccaneers Game Thread

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bucs played us well, they match up well. They played us in the 2nd half how I thought they would the entire game, brought that extra safety down, played everything fast and hard downhill. Run game suffered. short passes to augment run game were stopped for nothing or negative yards etc. we made some mistakes, we were in unfavorable down and distances more because the run game wasn't working, etc. We built no momentum or rhythm.
It's not that they adjusted and we didn't. They can just play what beats us very, very well. They can beat a lot of offenses very well. But we don't have the stoutness up front yet or the experience with the WR's to be in 3rd and longs against great defenses like that. It doesn't happen just because you call a different play.
All good points. And taking the opposite view for a minute, MLF called a great game early and did just enough to keep that powerful Bucs D on its heels. Not easy. And it was enough for the win. So the Packers D deserves a lot of credit.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been reading the exchange between you and mradtke. I didn't think the Packers adjusted in the second half - but I realize I don't have any instances that come to mind to illustrate it.
It's tough to illustrate what did not happen. that is not the way it works. You illustrate what did happen or scratch your head.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If making adjustments in game was as easy as some expect, I feel like scores should always been like 7-7 or 0-0 or 70-70. These are professional teams at the highest level of their sport. It isn't as simple as making adjustments and the other team stays the same...
The opposition is making adjustments at halftime as well. What do you suppose the Tampa fans were saying when we matriculated down the field on our first three drives? Bagging on their coaches for being outsmarted by the Packers coaching staff? Probably.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's tough to illustrate what did not happen. that is not the way it works. You illustrate what did happen or scratch your hea
It's tough to illustrate what did not happen. that is not the way it works. You illustrate what did happen or scratch your head.
Correct. So I think the lesson here is to not assume what coaches may be doing as far as adjustments. Some adjustments, I suppose, can be very simple. A linebacker lining up three feet to his left or right on a particular defensive call, whatever.

I just enjoy the game. I'm not a student of the game and so can't see if/when these adjustments are made. I'll let the W/L record show if things are working for an otherwise talented team like the Packers. Still way too early in the season. Overall the team looks good. I hope Doubs is the real deal. He looks like it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True enough. More like a chess match. And it gets more complicated when a Packer player or coach is now on an opponent's team, and vice versa. As long as the Packers keep winning, I'll leave those fine details to guys who make a lot more money than I do......
Right up to the playoffs?

Members online

Latest posts