Packers vs Buccaneers Game Thread

Reaction score
That was huge. They were physical with Fournette
Yeah Fournette is pretty good RB and he went 12/35 (2.9 per)
Now granted it was hot as heck.
But aside from the -3 attributed to our Offenses INT, our Defense allowed 9 points all day.
6 of those came on that final drive

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But aside from the -3 attributed to our Offenses INT, our Defense allowed 9 points all day.
Hopefully the d is rounding into form

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey check it out. Our Defense has given up 45 points in 3 contests. Now granted not the best and most healthy teams, but they are playing like a #6 overall Defense and I think they’ve maybe maybe got top #3 type potential.

Only Tampa. Jacksonville and Buffalo have 3 contests with less points allowed
45pts in three games is incredible. I’m impressed. Walker is playing better and so is Doubs.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nixon is my player of the game. Big time on defense and special teams.
To see someone like him step up in a big way and fill the shoes of Jaire against a top tier QB like Brady. Says a lot about the secondary depth. Maybe can work his way into the rotation when Jaire is healthy.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This defense like I’ve said can be real real special. Fast. Gary with the quick step, guys collapsing the pocket. Just so much fun to watch and a breath of fresh air from what we’ve dealt with over the years. Just hope Jaire is ok. You pressure that QB, make him scramble, everything falls into place. The offense I believe can come around in the meantime. Showed glimpses of it today. 2nd half not so much

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone enjoy Victory Monday today!

Attachments

• 56EF5825-7708-489A-86AF-64F77C723645.jpeg
    56EF5825-7708-489A-86AF-64F77C723645.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 48

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. We held Tampa to 34 yards rushing on 14 carries.
How about thems apples!
It was incredible. TB had 14 carries and 42 pass attempts. I know Fournette had a bad hamstring, but that was a defensive win. He never got going.

And while Tom Brady didn't have his top 3 receivers, he got used to playing with different guys frequently in NE.

Certainly the Packers offense needs to play with more consistency. That first fumble took the air out of them. Can't happen. It's still a huge win on a tough schedule. Even the Lions won't be pushovers this year IMO.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was incredible. TB had 14 carries and 42 pass attempts. I know Fournette had a bad hamstring, but that was a defensive win. He never got going.

And while Tom Brady didn't have his top 3 receivers, he got used to playing with different guys frequently in NE.

Certainly the Packers offense needs to play with more consistency. That first fumble took the air out of them. Can't happen. It's still a huge win on a tough schedule. Even the Lions won't be pushovers this year IMO.
There are no pushovers in the NFL.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again in a big game against good D# MLF has no answers.
Remind me why did we extent his contract?
How about we yank Mike Holmgren out of retirement and offer him an assistant HC/Offensive quality control position.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense should have adjusted too. If all it takes is to make some adjustments and this offense folds like a cheap lawn chair then Packers will be at home this January and not playing football. Good teams find always to keep readjusting and not folding when it gets difficult.
This offense has a tendency to be flat in the second half. It looks like the opposing defense makes adjustments in the second half to shut down what we're doing, and either we don't adjust ourselves or we can't make our new plan work. On one stretch they said we were 0-8 on third downs.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This offense has a tendency to be flat in the second half. It looks like the opposing defense makes adjustments in the second half to shut down what we're doing, and either we don't adjust ourselves or we can't make our new plan work. On one stretch they said we were 0-8 on third downs.
I am pretty sure we do not make real adjustments. Just pretend adjustments.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am pretty sure we do not make real adjustments. Just pretend adjustments.

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing the lack of in game adjustments.

I get the impression LaFleur creates a game script and sticks to it no matter what, even when it becomes a clear detriment.

I think everyone knew TB's run defense is stout and running the ball in conventional set isn't gonna work.

I'm happy for the win, but De'Vondre Campbell saved the day in my opinion.

If the game went to OT, the Bucs would've won.

I walked away after AR12 threw that INT with Tampa down 8 points...I thought a vintage Brady comeback was gonna happen, and it almost happened.

Packers have to be more aggressive, this is a relatively young team, and (I think) they need to play faster.

What happened to the no huddle, up tempo offense?

It was hotter than camel farts down there, GB should've tired out that defense, and showed no mercy.

Reaction score

Looking back I think the heat took its toll on both teams as the game wore on. We missed at least 3 points on the Jones fumble. At the 1 we might’ve actually went for 7 to help put the game away. What’s the probability we March 3 times for scores and then never get into FG range again?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again in a big game against good D# MLF has no answers.
Remind me why did we extent his contract?
How about we yank Mike Holmgren out of retirement and offer him an assistant HC/Offensive quality control position.

Because no other coach in GB history has accomplished this many wins this fast and done so consistently. Be like cutting a rookie draft pick that comes out and makes the All Pro team three years in a row....

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
which team was more likely to get "tired out" in that heat?

Whichever team is on defense.

Offense controls the tempo.

Yesterday, GB had the better players on offense.

Since GB was ahead the entire game, the offense dictated the pace.

Ahead the entire game, they could've ran a faster pace tempo and ran TB's defense off the field.

Its easier to go from colder enviornment to hot, than the other way around.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its easier to go from colder enviornment to hot, than the other way around.

Sorry this simply has vastly too many variables to make such a blanket statement as fact. Neither is easy and can change player to player even.

Reaction score
We saw a lot of offense with a 2 score lead and well playing defense. It was frustrating to watch. We shot ourselves in the foot a few times. Tampa has a great D too. We just couldn't find a rhythm at all in the 2nd half. It was nerve wracking but i'm not as down on them as some of you.
I agree. Looking back, It’s my opinion that the heat took a toll on both teams as the game wore on.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry this simply has vastly too many variables to make such a blanket statement as fact. Neither is easy and can change player to player even.

True neither is easy. In my opinon its easier.

I would like anyone to argue that going from a colder enviornment to something hotter would adjust better than someone doing the opposite.

Also, variable is inherent to weather.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True neither is easy. In my opinon its easier.

I would like anyone to argue that going from a colder enviornment to something hotter would adjust better than someone doing the opposite.

Also, variable is inherent to weather.

So medically the body cannot come back from being overheated as we cannot produce cold, but in extremely cold environments the body can produce heat.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was especially impressive in light of how the Pack got gashed by the Bears running game a week ago. Whatever adjustments Barry and co. made were effective.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was especially impressive in light of how the Pack got gashed by the Bears running game a week ago. Whatever adjustments Barry and co. made were effective.
Yes, those kind of adjustments are essential. But there are also game adjustments to made during the game because what you are doing is not working. So that is another example of not doing game adjustments. imo

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts