1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers Vikings Wild card weekend 2012 round 3

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Poppa San, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Not lights out, but high level. To me there is a difference. The only mistakes I think were made in this game is we could of run up the score a bit more. Or we could of pulled our starters at the end rather than risk injury. We simply outplayed you. Comparing Webb to Rodgers is unfair, and I feel for you guys there. But honestly, even if Ponder was in the game I think the Packers would still of won the game on account of our defense alone. I think the score would of been much closer and more competitive but not enough to beat our defense. I think the term lights out can be applied to our defense but not our offense. Congrats on getting into the playoffs. I think you guys have a really good future with Ponder. You need to get him a couple of good receivers, AP can't do it alone. Your defense was good this year. Next year with some adjustments and smart draft choices, you guys are really going to give us a time!

2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Rodgers admitted that the team had a hard time getting things going on offense in the 3rd

3. VikingsInvader

VikingsInvader Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Oh lets not forget the blatant holdings the refs so conveniently didn't call on the Packers! Didn't make a difference but we got screwed by the refs as usual.

• Old Old x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +879
    So then, why exactly was your defense being on the field most of the game? Did it have anything with GB playing well?

5. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Seahawks. Don't talk to us about refs making bad calls. LOL Don't blame it on the refs, you guys are better than that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    When it mattered, AP sold his share

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. VikingsInvader

VikingsInvader Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    I said it didn't make a difference and yes I did forget about that call :) but we always seemed to get screwed by the refs in the playoffs like in 2009.

Oh well, Packers played quality football today and handidly beat the Vikings.

8. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Like the ones they didn't call on Smith and Winfield?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    We have not forgotten that call nor will we for some time! I think you will have happier Vikings next year. AP is still in the running for MVP, even as a Packers fan I would love to see him get it.

10. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Agreed. When you carry your team to the playoffs by singlehandedly outscoring the best qb in the league, and you do it as a running back coming of major knee surgery with short recovery time almost breaking a single season record in the process? You deserve a prize for that.

11. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
  12. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +847
    I don't post on other teams boards during games. All to often you have people come by who only post during games. And they have a tendency to get upset if a fan from another team points out something negative. So I stay away.

Harvin is injured. The injury he has is very similar to what my wife had. She had surgery and was out of work for 9 months. People want to make more of it then what is there. I am sure some were down the road we will hear more. MN very seldom does new contracts during the season. So it would not surprise me to see something done with Harvin in the next few months(5-6) months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't you think you are reaching a little. The Vikes with Webb had no chance. The only blatant non- call that caught my eye was when Jordy pushed off on his TD reception. That should have been called a penalty but with these refs I have learned not to expect to much. Besides the Vikings got away with quite a bit of holding in last weeks contest but I didn't see a large furor from Packer fans.

14. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +179
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,185
    taken him out with a sniper !!!!!!! sorry, bad taste

17. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,185
    I honestly don`t think Woodson will make any difference to the game tonight. He`s been on the bench too long IMHO.
    I sincerely hope I`m wrong though

18. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Players didnt know Webb was playing till a few minutes before pregame warm ups..

They didnt change the game plan, just had to execute well

19. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,185
    Oh come on !!! I`m a Packer fan too but we ripped the crap out of the guy all through that game, and I think he had every right to ram it to us with the winning TD. I KNOW I`d have done exactly the same in his position.When did we become so delicate ?. Like it or not, he was one of the best Wide receivers I`VE ever see play the game. Sorry just my opinion