Packers Vikings Wild card weekend 2012 round 3

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but GB didn't exactly play "lights out" today. Scored 24 points, winning by 2 scores given our awful backup and his unbelievable playing and our defense being on the field most of the game, particularly early on. You guys are going to have a very tough time beating the high powered offense in San Francisco along with their good defense. And if not for some idiotic penalties that gave you guys points, this game could have been much closer at the end.

Not lights out, but high level. To me there is a difference. The only mistakes I think were made in this game is we could of run up the score a bit more. Or we could of pulled our starters at the end rather than risk injury. We simply outplayed you. Comparing Webb to Rodgers is unfair, and I feel for you guys there. But honestly, even if Ponder was in the game I think the Packers would still of won the game on account of our defense alone. I think the score would of been much closer and more competitive but not enough to beat our defense. I think the term lights out can be applied to our defense but not our offense. Congrats on getting into the playoffs. I think you guys have a really good future with Ponder. You need to get him a couple of good receivers, AP can't do it alone. Your defense was good this year. Next year with some adjustments and smart draft choices, you guys are really going to give us a time!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Not lights out, but high level. To me there is a difference. The only mistakes I think were made in this game is we could of run up the score a bit more.
Rodgers admitted that the team had a hard time getting things going on offense in the 3rd

VikingsInvader

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh lets not forget the blatant holdings the refs so conveniently didn't call on the Packers! Didn't make a difference but we got screwed by the refs as usual.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Sorry, but GB didn't exactly play "lights out" today. Scored 24 points, winning by 2 scores given our awful backup and his unbelievable playing and our defense being on the field most of the game, particularly early on. You guys are going to have a very tough time beating the high powered offense in San Francisco along with their good defense. And if not for some idiotic penalties that gave you guys points, this game could have been much closer at the end.

So then, why exactly was your defense being on the field most of the game? Did it have anything with GB playing well?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh lets not forget the blatant holdings the refs so conveniently didn't call on the Packers! Didn't make a difference but we got screwed by the refs as usual.

Seahawks. Don't talk to us about refs making bad calls. LOL Don't blame it on the refs, you guys are better than that.

VikingsInvader

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seahawks. Don't talk to us about refs making bad calls. LOL Don't blame it on the refs, you guys are better than that.

I said it didn't make a difference and yes I did forget about that call :) but we always seemed to get screwed by the refs in the playoffs like in 2009.

Oh well, Packers played quality football today and handidly beat the Vikings.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said it didn't make a difference and yes I did forget about that call :) but we always seemed to get screwed by the refs in the playoffs like in 2009.

We have not forgotten that call nor will we for some time! I think you will have happier Vikings next year. AP is still in the running for MVP, even as a Packers fan I would love to see him get it.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We have not forgotten that call nor will we for some time! I think you will have happier Vikings next year. AP is still in the running for MVP, even as a Packers fan I would love to see him get it.
Agreed. When you carry your team to the playoffs by singlehandedly outscoring the best qb in the league, and you do it as a running back coming of major knee surgery with short recovery time almost breaking a single season record in the process? You deserve a prize for that.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
a) What is this internet protocol?
b) I hope your prediction is right, that Green Bay wins but Viking nation is excited going into 2013-14.
c) I don't want the game to be as close as you predict.
d) I doubly don't want it to come down to Crosby, for the love of God please no.....
e) Will you guys be trading Percy Harvin?
I don't post on other teams boards during games. All to often you have people come by who only post during games. And they have a tendency to get upset if a fan from another team points out something negative. So I stay away.

Harvin is injured. The injury he has is very similar to what my wife had. She had surgery and was out of work for 9 months. People want to make more of it then what is there. I am sure some were down the road we will hear more. MN very seldom does new contracts during the season. So it would not surprise me to see something done with Harvin in the next few months(5-6) months.

12theTruth

Don't you think you are reaching a little. The Vikes with Webb had no chance. The only blatant non- call that caught my eye was when Jordy pushed off on his TD reception. That should have been called a penalty but with these refs I have learned not to expect to much. Besides the Vikings got away with quite a bit of holding in last weeks contest but I didn't see a large furor from Packer fans.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you're right, the Vikings definitely get bad calls, this article supports your theory

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-study-finds-majority-of-********-calls-go-to-o,29816/

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I hear this all the time..Yet I am pretty sure that regular fans have no idea what adjustments they did

I heard Marshall Faulk state on NFLN that CAPERS (he specifically named him) did everything to stop AP..He went on to name schemes..and said that nothing worked..

So what would you have done differently?

taken him out with a sniper !!!!!!! sorry, bad taste

I

Woodson has been cleared to play and Cobb practiced as well. Having Woodson back will make a difference because he is a leader and has always been a solid tackler. He has had some success against Ponder in the past. I couldnt help noticing in the last game that Ponder doesnt have a lot on his passes and his accuracy isnt great.

The Pack cant afford another slow start this week. I gotta believe with Cobb, Jones, Jennings, Nelson, and Finley all playing we can jump out to a lead and make Ponder try to keep pace. The defense needs to man up !

I honestly don`t think Woodson will make any difference to the game tonight. He`s been on the bench too long IMHO.
I sincerely hope I`m wrong though

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Players didnt know Webb was playing till a few minutes before pregame warm ups..

They didnt change the game plan, just had to execute well

I

Cant wait for the game. I hope someone on the Viking team does not moon the fans again.

Oh come on !!! I`m a Packer fan too but we ripped the crap out of the guy all through that game, and I think he had every right to ram it to us with the winning TD. I KNOW I`d have done exactly the same in his position.When did we become so delicate ?. Like it or not, he was one of the best Wide receivers I`VE ever see play the game. Sorry just my opinion

Members online

Latest posts