Packers Vikings Wild card weekend 2012 round 3

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone here think that our defense, after a whole week in the national and local media getting hammered, ripped apart, their manhood questioned, will come out and play their best game of the year?
That they will bottle up Peterson as well as they ever have, and get after Ponder on 3rd downs, and stymie them on their 3rd down plays?
And that we will hold them to a single TD and two FG's, and win about 35 or 42- 13?

I can see that scenario happening, as I can we playing crappy, and bowing out one & done like last year and 2009.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
At the same time. No one gives the Vikes a chance of winning. I don't think they have lived in a vacuum the last 6 days. They have nothing to lose. They went 10-6 with a QB no one respects or believes in except some Viking fans and the players on the team. They are Playing the Packers at Lambeau, in freezing temperatures against last years MVP. Tell, just what do they have to lose? Ponders no good? Well maybe. As a starter he is 13-14 and if they lose tomorrow he will have lost his first playoff game. Rodgers was 13-14 his first 27 starts and lost his first playoff game. What does in mean? Nothing. Next year is a new year. Ponder will be back. For us Viking fans, hopefully for the better. If they win, they go to the next game. Funny thing, I think the Packers are the one NFC team that can beat the Vikings in the playoffs. Seattle at Seattle, sure, but I don't think they make it past the Skins.

Anyway, in continuing with my Internet forum protocol, I will not be posting again until after the game. Win or lose I will be back. So here's to a good game and may no players be injured.

BTW, I think the Packers will win. 31-28. Crosby come through for them.

D

Dexter-Remmick

Cant wait for the game. I hope someone on the Viking team does not moon the fans again.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
At the same time. No one gives the Vikes a chance of winning. I don't think they have lived in a vacuum the last 6 days. They have nothing to lose. They went 10-6 with a QB no one respects or believes in except some Viking fans and the players on the team. They are Playing the Packers at Lambeau, in freezing temperatures against last years MVP. Tell, just what do they have to lose? Ponders no good? Well maybe. As a starter he is 13-14 and if they lose tomorrow he will have lost his first playoff game. Rodgers was 13-14 his first 27 starts and lost his first playoff game. What does in mean? Nothing. Next year is a new year. Ponder will be back. For us Viking fans, hopefully for the better. If they win, they go to the next game. Funny thing, I think the Packers are the one NFC team that can beat the Vikings in the playoffs. Seattle at Seattle, sure, but I don't think they make it past the Skins.

Anyway, in continuing with my Internet forum protocol, I will not be posting again until after the game. Win or lose I will be back. So here's to a good game and may no players be injured.

I for one think Seattle is the hottest team right now and think they will beat the skins then march into Atlanta and beat them (like that's hard) then lose to GB in the championship but then again I'm a packer fan so I'm biased

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

a) What is this internet protocol?
b) I hope your prediction is right, that Green Bay wins but Viking nation is excited going into 2013-14.
c) I don't want the game to be as close as you predict.
d) I doubly don't want it to come down to Crosby, for the love of God please no.....
e) Will you guys be trading Percy Harvin?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I was referring more to stiffness and how it would effect his mechanics. I don't know that either of us know whether the cold will make him hurt more or less.
Had a guy QB in college who hid that he had bursitis. He said the cold helped, granted it was still early and Ponder has had it for a week. Could play a big part in his Mechanics.

WaterBoy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
last week, we had pretty much six, meaningful, offensive snaps in the 1st quarter (two 3-and-outs)...

Change just that, and we win..

VikingsInvader

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Webb is starting for the Vikings (announced on pre game for houston game). Very bad for us that Ponder is out but GB isn't used to Webb and Webb is very athletic and faster than Ponder. Will be an interesting game!

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Webb is starting for the Vikings (announced on pre game for houston game). Very bad for us that Ponder is out but GB isn't used to Webb and Webb is very athletic and faster than Ponder. Will be an interesting game!
I must have missed that. Last I heard it was a possibility, but that nothing was set in stone yet. I hope not. I don't want to listen to excuses for the next 10 months.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
San Fran is gonna be our whipping post! Good game Vikes. It would of been more competitive if Ponder played but you went from the 3rd worst team in the NFL to a playoff team so that is an upgrade.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we let the Vikings into the playoffs only to take them out? That's cruel!!! It's great to see the Vikings make it into the playoffs. I have nothing but good stuff to say for AP even though he didn't break the record last week. I think the key points of our game this week at the biggest was figuring out how to stop AP. I am in love with our defense. That is a Superbowl defense. AROD and his receivers, the running game today... On to SF where we will be well met by a tough opponent. If we play at the high level we played today, we can do it.

VikingsInvader

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we let the Vikings into the playoffs only to take them out? That's cruel!!! It's great to see the Vikings make it into the playoffs. I have nothing but good stuff to say for AP even though he didn't break the record last week. I think the key points of our game this week at the biggest was figuring out how to stop AP. I am in love with our defense. That is a Superbowl defense. AROD and his receivers, the running game today... On to SF where we will be well met by a tough opponent. If we play at the high level we played today, we can do it.

Sorry, but GB didn't exactly play "lights out" today. Scored 24 points, winning by 2 scores given our awful backup and his unbelievable playing and our defense being on the field most of the game, particularly early on. You guys are going to have a very tough time beating the high powered offense in San Francisco along with their good defense. And if not for some idiotic penalties that gave you guys points, this game could have been much closer at the end.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but GB didn't exactly play "lights out" today. Scored 24 points, winning by 2 scores given our awful backup and his unbelievable playing and our defense being on the field most of the game, particularly early on. You guys are going to have a very tough time beating the high powered offense in San Francisco along with their good defense. And if not for some idiotic penalties that gave you guys points, this game could have been much closer at the end.

Just like some idiotic penalties and calls last week you guys got??

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Salty snacks?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts