Packer Players & Fans .... The New Harrison Collection !

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Bill From Hanover

Bill From Hanover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all in good humor ......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z8yjVDmHFY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - James Harrison on hard hits and fines at SB XLV[/ame]

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You know, I kind of side with Harrison in this whole debacle. He's not like "The Hammer" who used to deliberately try to end the careers of other players. He hits hard. Before I judge Harrison, I go back and watch clips of Ray Nitschke and Co. Those guys really took the wood to opponents. The NFL wasn't so wussified back then.

Now before all the NFL equivalent of "tree huggers" jump on me for promoting concussions, I believe the NFL should do what it can to help in that area short of ruining the violent nature of the game. Maybe they should insist that all teams wear a helmet like Rodgers now has, or something. But if you take the hard hits out of football, you might as well watch golf.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Or, maybe Harrison could stop running his mouth, and stop leading with his helmet. Other guys on his own team, and other teams around the league seem to be able to do that.

I wonder what his Wonderlic was? Maybe I should check that before condemning him. It could be that he's just stupid. :snack:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or, maybe Harrison could stop running his mouth, and stop leading with his helmet. Other guys on his own team, and other teams around the league seem to be able to do that.

I wonder what his Wonderlic was? Maybe I should check that before condemning him. It could be that he's just stupid. :snack:
Yeah. Woodley and Polamalu are as feared as hitters as Harrison.

Heck, Ward is highly regarded as a dirty player by a lot, but he has only a handful of fines to his name, if that much, because he actually hits with his shoulder.

Woodley, Polamalu, Ward = not dirty players.
Harrison - dirty player.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
When will the Steelers' fans stop making dumb threads?

They'll stop at about the same time that Jets fans stop saying "This is our year!!!!!! We're gonna go to the Super Bowl!" and not one moment sooner, I'd imagine. :happy0005:

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill Romanowski was on Colin Cowheard this morning saying he would put a helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers to slow him down like Peppers did. He said I would take a personal foul penalty to help my team. It's going to be interesting to see if the Steelers defense start throwing some late hits and how the Packers O-line players respond. There could be a few fights in this game.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Bill Romanowski was on Colin Cowheard this morning saying he would put a helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers to slow him down like Peppers did. He said I would take a personal foul penalty to help my team. It's going to be interesting to see if the Steelers defense start throwing some late hits and how the Packers O-line players respond. There could be a few fights in this game.

Romanowski is a ****** - this is a guy who would kick people in the head, spit in their faces, breaking people's jaws with helmet-to helmet hits, fighting with his own teammates, crushed a player's eye socket during practice deliberately forcing he kid to retire, etc...

Raider trash through and through. Yet, the way he's talking, he sounds like a Steelers fan on other boards I've seen.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Harrison doesn't run his mouth. The reporters ask him a question and he answers. He tells it like it is and he has impressed me as a very intelligent person.

Maybe it is you who should take the Wonderlic before condemning him. Hmmmm

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Harrison doesn't run his mouth. The reporters ask him a question and he answers. He tells it like it is and he has impressed me as a very intelligent person.

Maybe it is you who should take the Wonderlic before condemning him. Hmmmm

An intelligent person would say "No comment" to the questions he is asked. Drawing even more attention to yourself by saying stupid crap (like in the video above) and calling out the league and the commissioner is no way to make the case that the league is targeting you unfairly.

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An intelligent person would say "No comment" to the questions he is asked. Drawing even more attention to yourself by saying stupid crap (like in the video above) and calling out the league and the commissioner is no way to make the case that the league is targeting you unfairly.

Then you should be applauding him rather than condemning him. After all, the extra attention on him helps the Pack. No? Its almost as if you guys are looking for anything and everything you can find to HATE the other team and its fans. Its just a game, that NONE of us will have any impact on. Maybe we should all keep that in perspective and enjoy it. Applaud each others accomplishments. After all, the two best teams in the history of the NFL are playing for the Lombardi trophy. Which couldn't be a more appropriate name for the most coveted prize in all of sports.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Then you should be applauding him rather than condemning him. After all, the extra attention on him helps the Pack. No? Its almost as if you guys are looking for anything and everything you can find to HATE the other team and its fans. Its just a game, that NONE of us will have any impact on. Maybe we should all keep that in perspective and enjoy it. Applaud each others accomplishments. After all, the two best teams in the history of the NFL are playing for the Lombardi trophy. Which couldn't be a more appropriate name for the most coveted prize in all of sports.
It would be easier if it weren't for instigation by the likes of the OP of this thread. What are we supposed to do, sit back and just laugh at ourselves when s*** like this is posted? Come on. We're all for carrying out good conversation but when someone comes through like this, we've gotta defend our pride.

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be easier if it weren't for instigation by the likes of the OP of this thread. What are we supposed to do, sit back and just laugh at ourselves when s*** like this is posted? Come on. We're all for carrying out good conversation but when someone comes through like this, we've gotta defend our pride.
I can understand where you're coming from, but it was obviously a joke based off of Harrison's media day on Tuesday. You should check it out, some funny stuff in there.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Then you should be applauding him rather than condemning him. After all extra attention on him helps the Pack. No? Its almost as if you guys are looking for anything and everything you can find to HATE the other team and its fans. Its just a game, that NONE of us will have any impact on. Maybe we should all keep that in perspective and enjoy it. Applaud each other accomplishments. After all the two best teams in the history of the NFL are playing for the Lombardi trophy. Which couldn't be a more appropriate name for the most coveted prize in all of sports.

Because it's oh-so-hard to find.

Truth: Some (not ALL) Steelers fans are giving us plenty of things to hate. We don't have to look. And a couple of the jerks (yeah, I just called Harrison a jerk - because he is) on your team aren't that hard to spot, either.

Your post was largely reasonable, but how are we supposed to ignore what keeps getting shoved down our throats?

I'm as much for good sportsmanship as the next person - more than a lot of fans, in fact, because I'm not a smack talker - but all bets are off when people treat us the way we've been treated this week. Shove me, I shove back. Wouldn't you, if I were in your place talking trash?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I can understand where you're coming from, but it was obviously a joke based off of Harrison's media day on Tuesday. You should check it out, some funny stuff in there.
I did, I watched most of the media day videos. At least as much as I could handle last night. I get the joke.

I'm just using this as an example of what has been going on. A few Steelers fans have come in here, instigated fights, and then all the others get upset when we fight back. Those few bad eggs are ruining it for those of you who are actually here to discuss things.

LombardiChick

Reaction score

Damn right. I will NEVER apologize for defending the Packers, especially on a Packer board.

Oy.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a Patriots fan... So...

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Getting mad at Packer fans for defending their team, fellow fans, history etc is like suing a homeowner who shot you after you broke into their house. It's dumb.

The Post Sponsored by Big Ben's Beef Jerky™ - "Your Tastebuds may say 'No', but it doesn't matter"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn right. I will NEVER apologize for defending the Packers, especially on a Packer board.

Oy.

I don't blame you for defending the Packers. I just haven't seen them attacked. The OP certainly didn't attack the Packers. The whole point of this is to make fun of Goodell and crew ... not the Packers.

Why do you think Harrison is a jerk? Is it because he is a throw back player who plays the game like Butkis, Nitchzke, and Lambert? Is it because he refuses to kiss Goodell's feet and tells him what ever defensive player in the league want to say?

Sure, a couple of Steeler fans have come on here and acted like arses. There are a couple of Packer fans on here that have acted like arses from the beginning also. Except for those couple I haven't seen anybody put the Pack down at all.

It would be stupid of either side to put down the other because they have proven to be the best in their respective conference and are playing for the Lombardi trophy. The Packers have a long and glorious history ... they have won more championships than any team in the league. The Steelers have developed a glorious history and have won more Lombardi's than any team in the league. They both sound pretty impressive to me ... but I'm just a guy who posts on message boards.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
I don't blame you for defending the Packers. I just haven't seen them attacked. The OP certainly didn't attack the Packers. The whole point of this is to make fun of Goodell and crew ... not the Packers.

Why do you think Harrison is a jerk? Is it because he is a throw back player who plays the game like Butkis, Nitchzke, and Lambert? Is it because he refuses to kiss Goodell's feet and tells him what ever defensive player in the league want to say?

Sure, a couple of Steeler fans have come on here and acted like arses. There are a couple of Packer fans on here that have acted like arses from the beginning also. Except for those couple I haven't seen anybody put the Pack down at all.

It would be stupid of either side to put down the other because they have proven to be the best in their respective conference and are playing for the Lombardi trophy. The Packers have a long and glorious history ... they have won more championships than any team in the league. The Steelers have developed a glorious history and have won more Lombardi's than any team in the league. They both sound pretty impressive to me ... but I'm just a guy who posts on message boards.

If you haven't seen the Packers attacked here, I think you need to look around a little more. Our heritage has been dismissed by a number of Steelers fans, and the idea that the Packers don't stand a chance in this upcoming game is not as uncommon as it should be.

I think Harrison is a jerk because he refuses to play by the rules (how else do you rack up that much in fines?) and instead of being repentant about it, he just mouths off in the press.

I think fans who accept that like it's normal and reasonable are part of the problem. I've seen Steelers fans (here, and elsewhere) hoping he'll give Rodgers a concussion.

My feeling is that if you have to cheat to win, you have no claim to a championship. That goes for our guys as well as yours, but I don't see you all being worried about that.

Why is that?

As for the comparison to Nitschke and Butkus, it isn't 1965 - funny, too, because 1965 never happened, if you ask some of your fellow Pitt fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts