Packer Players & Fans .... The New Harrison Collection !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because it's oh-so-hard to find.

Truth: Some (not ALL) Steelers fans are giving us plenty of things to hate. We don't have to look. And a couple of the jerks (yeah, I just called Harrison a jerk - because he is) on your team aren't that hard to spot, either.

Your post was largely reasonable, but how are we supposed to ignore what keeps getting shoved down our throats?

I'm as much for good sportsmanship as the next person - more than a lot of fans, in fact, because I'm not a smack talker - but all bets are off when people treat us the way we've been treated this week. Shove me, I shove back. Wouldn't you, if I were in your place talking trash?
You had better look back through the posts, there is plenty of instigating by Packer fans. Seems some of you have a huge chip on their shoulder.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.
Just wow.

Tons and tons of ownage by the Packers fans on this one.
And not just against the Steelers fans who are checking in but on Harrison's sarcastic comments as well.

I don't think or hear it as a joke.
What I hear him saying is that he wants to be able to hit how he wants to hit.
He is confessing, in his own way, that he is a dirty player and would like to be a dirty player to the point of injuring other players out of the game!
Seriously.
Be non-biased and listen between the lines.

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you haven't seen the Packers attacked here, I think you need to look around a little more. Our heritage has been dismissed by a number of Steelers fans, and the idea that the Packers don't stand a chance in this upcoming game is not as uncommon as it should be.

I think Harrison is a jerk because he refuses to play by the rules (how else do you rack up that much in fines?) and instead of being repentant about it, he just mouths off in the press.

I think fans who accept that like it's normal and reasonable are part of the problem.
I've seen Steelers fans (here, and elsewhere) hoping he'll give Rodgers a concussion.
My feeling is that if you have to cheat to win, you have no claim to a championship. That goes for our guys as well as yours, but I don't see you all being worried about that.

Why is that?

As for the comparison to Nitschke and Butkus, it isn't 1965 - funny, too, because 1965 never happened, if you ask some of your fellow Pitt fans.
Please post links, I would love to read them. I personally have not seen any.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And one more thing. And this is off topic from the OP but it's on topic with replies.

Yes, some of us Packers fans, myself included, may seem classless on here at times.
But that is because there are a few Stealers fans who attack us, our team and our team's history.
I would not seem classless and I would have a different signature if the Stealers fans who are on here were respectful in the first place.
So a lot of what the Packers fans are writing is really nothing more than a defense against being attacked.
Can you blame us?

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you haven't seen the Packers attacked here, I think you need to look around a little more. Our heritage has been dismissed by a number of Steelers fans, and the idea that the Packers don't stand a chance in this upcoming game is not as uncommon as it should be.

I think Harrison is a jerk because he refuses to play by the rules (how else do you rack up that much in fines?) and instead of being repentant about it, he just mouths off in the press.

I think fans who accept that like it's normal and reasonable are part of the problem. I've seen Steelers fans (here, and elsewhere) hoping he'll give Rodgers a concussion.

My feeling is that if you have to cheat to win, you have no claim to a championship. That goes for our guys as well as yours, but I don't see you all being worried about that.

Why is that?

As for the comparison to Nitschke and Butkus, it isn't 1965 - funny, too, because 1965 never happened, if you ask some of your fellow Pitt fans.

Can you provide me with links to Steeler fans on here hoping Rodgers gets a concussion? I really haven't seen any posts like that.

Harrison insists that he does play by the rules. So do most of the sportswriters and football analysts. He thinks he has been targeted because he disagrees with the league trying to change things during the middle of the season. He doesn't think they put enough thought into it and only did it because one weekend they got a lot of bad press. It seems a pretty reasonable viewpoint to me. Harrison was penalized and fined for hitting the QB "too hard". Yes, that was what the official told him. Have you ever heard anything more ridiculous?

So, if the tax man told you to give up a bigger percentage of your salary than anyone else to the government you would keep your mouth shut? You really wouldn't use your constitutional rights to complain about it anyway you could? What's funny is before this year you couldn't bring up one quote from James Harrison. He rarely talks. I give him props for standing up to Goodell this year. It takes a big pair to do that.

What is all this about cheating to win? We aren't the Patriots. When has either team cheated to win? I don't understand where you are coming from.

Except for ignorant people 1965 did happen. We have been told all the time that our SB wins in the 70s don't count. That they are past history. That's the point anybody who does that misses. It is history and belongs to the team. Harrison is that type of throwback linebacker. He isn't especially big but he plays all out on every play. You will never see him taunting or doing a dance after a sack. He just goes back to the huddle. He has a reputation as a tough guy because he gives no quarter and doesn't expect any in return.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Pats don't, and didn't, "cheat", even if the media has convinced you otherwise, and it ties in with your own personal bias just because the Pats own the steelers, and could trade them for a carton of smokes if they chose. I mean there is no way a bunch of scrubs like the Pats can beat the vaunted steelers on the up and up without cheating, right?

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.
Just wow.

Tons and tons of ownage by the Packers fans on this one.
And not just against the Steelers fans who are checking in but on Harrison's sarcastic comments as well.

I don't think or hear it as a joke.
What I hear him saying is that he wants to be able to hit how he wants to hit.
He is confessing, in his own way, that he is a dirty player and would like to be a dirty player to the point of injuring other players out of the game!
Seriously.
Be non-biased and listen between the lines.

Try listening to what he says and not put your spin on it. Harrison does not speak between the lines. He straight out tells you the way it is.

He has said he wants to be able to hit the way he has been taught since ankle-biters. He is not saying that he is a dirty player. He wants to hit players and make them hurt ... but not injure them. He makes the distinction between the two. Do you know what that distinction is? I'm sure not because you seem to ramble on without checking out anything. You just listen "between the lines":Clueless:

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pats don't, and didn't, "cheat", even if the media has convinced you otherwise, and it ties in with your own personal bias just because the Pats own the steelers, and could trade them for a carton of smokes if they chose. I mean there is no way a bunch of scrubs like the Pats can beat the vaunted steelers on the up and up without cheating, right?

Goodell says they cheated. You believed him about Ben so why shouldn't I believe him about the Pats?

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8"]http://www.youtube.com/user/mcwalker555#p/a/u/0/RYLsyNBnE5M[/ame]

EDIT: Damn them for blocking embedding the video!

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Goodell says they cheated. You believed him about Ben so why shouldn't I believe him about the Pats?

No, he didn't say that. He said we broke a rule. It was a dumb rule to begin with, and that is why it was almost unanimous among former coaches that it wasn't that big of a deal. It certainly wasn't cheating.

As for how he handled Ben, he suspended him for violating the personal conduct rules - he made the league look bad by his actions - edit: by this I mean that whether he did those bad things to the women or not, he put himself in a bad position where the law got involved multiple times.

Trust me, I'm no Goodell fan. The recent interviews with Peter King where he's just badmouthing everyone is not what we need as a commissioner. I also don't agree with rule changes in the middle of a season. However, if it is the rules, well, you follow the rule even if they are stupid ones. The Pats got fined, Ben got punished, so why should Harrison be any different???

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Can you provide me with links to Steeler fans on here hoping Rodgers gets a concussion? I really haven't seen any posts like that.

Harrison insists that he does play by the rules. So do most of the sportswriters and football analysts. He thinks he has been targeted because he disagrees with the league trying to change things during the middle of the season. He doesn't think they put enough thought into it and only did it because one weekend they got a lot of bad press. It seems a pretty reasonable viewpoint to me. Harrison was penalized and fined for hitting the QB "too hard". Yes, that was what the official told him. Have you ever heard anything more ridiculous?

So, if the tax man told you to give up a bigger percentage of your salary than anyone else to the government you would keep your mouth shut? You really wouldn't use your constitutional rights to complain about it anyway you could? What's funny is before this year you couldn't bring up one quote from James Harrison. He rarely talks. I give him props for standing up to Goodell this year. It takes a big pair to do that.

What is all this about cheating to win? We aren't the Patriots. When has either team cheated to win? I don't understand where you are coming from.

Except for ignorant people 1965 did happen. We have been told all the time that our SB wins in the 70s don't count. That they are past history. That's the point anybody who does that misses. It is history and belongs to the team. Harrison is that type of throwback linebacker. He isn't especially big but he plays all out on every play. You will never see him taunting or doing a dance after a sack. He just goes back to the huddle. He has a reputation as a tough guy because he gives no quarter and doesn't expect any in return.

1. Okay, I've got things to do so I'm just going to give you the one link I can dig up without spending a bunch of time on it for now - in this post of mine on page 5 of this thread, I mention someone hoping for a concussion while addressing another fan with a thug mentality:

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/dear-oline-please-keep-james-harrison-away-aaron-rodgers-26720-5.html

(Please keep in mind, I don't make things up. If I said I saw it, I saw it.)

2. Cheating to win as I intended it means targeting another player that you can't beat with skill by knocking him out of the game with an illegal hit.

(Regarding the Patriots - you might want to look into the details of that a little more. I think it's a little more benign than one would assume - and though I think they deserved their punishment, I truly fail to see that they gained an ounce of competitive advantage from what they did. That's partly why it was so incredibly stupid for them to do it - in the end, they got nothing but a giant hit to their reputation.)

3. What kind of idiot has told you your championships in the 1970s didn't count? You have to be kidding me.

The only time I've really heard this time period argument made by what seemed like groups of people is this week, because we're playing you guys - so let me just say, it's ridiculous in our case, and just as ridiculous in yours...but you will probably have to get used to it, because as the League changes, so will the way fans try to re-write history to gain some sort of feeling of superiority over your franchise.

I know that's what they're trying to do with us, as stupid as it is.

4. I bristled at the comparison of Nitschke to Harrison, because I think Harrison is a d-bag. Sorry. Nitschke was a tough guy, no doubt - but I don't remember that he talked back to his boss. Someone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong about that.

And my point that you have to play by today's rules, no matter what the hell you think about them, stands.

If he takes a cheap shot at Rodgers on Sunday (do you think he will?), I believe I will come unglued - but I've run into a number of Steelers fans that I don't think will have the slightest problem with it, if it happens.

Not. Cool.

On edit: P.S. I just noticed you are on the very thread I linked above, just a few posts below mine, but I guess maybe you didn't read back or something.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Something I noteced about some packer fans here, very insecure and very defensive. Whats up with that?

If I cared enough to invade a Steelers board (I don't) and say some of the kinds of things we've had to listen to here, I suspect they'd react much the same way we have.

Don't mistake our desire to defend our team as insecurity. In a fair fight, I have no doubt in my mind that these Packers are perfectly capable of beating anyone in the NFL.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Okay, I've got things to do so I'm just going to give you the one link I can dig up without spending a bunch of time on it for now - in this post of mine on page 5 of this thread, I mention someone hoping for a concussion while addressing another fan with a thug mentality:

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/dear-oline-please-keep-james-harrison-away-aaron-rodgers-26720-5.html

(Please keep in mind, I don't make things up. If I said I saw it, I saw it.)

2. Cheating to win as I intended it means targeting another player that you can't beat with skill by knocking him out of the game with an illegal hit.

(Regarding the Patriots - you might want to look into the details of that a little more. I think it's a little more benign than one would assume - and though I think they deserved their punishment, I truly fail to see that they gained an ounce of competitive advantage from what they did. That's partly why it was so incredibly stupid for them to do it - in the end, they got nothing but a giant hit to their reputation.)

3. What kind of idiot has told you your championships in the 1970s didn't count? You have to be kidding me.

The only time I've really heard this time period argument made by what seemed like groups of people is this week, because we're playing you guys - so let me just say, it's ridiculous in our case, and just as ridiculous in yours...but you will probably have to get used to it, because as the League changes, so will the way fans try to re-write history to gain some sort of feeling of superiority over your franchise.

I know that's what they're trying to do with us, as stupid as it is.

4. I bristled at the comparison of Nitschke to Harrison, because I think Harrison is a d-bag. Sorry. Nitschke was a tough guy, no doubt - but I don't remember that he talked back to his boss. Someone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong about that.

And my point that you have to play by today's rules, no matter what the hell you think about them, stands.

If he takes a cheap shot at Rodgers on Sunday (do you think he will?), I believe I will come unglued - but I've run into a number of Steelers fans that I don't think will have the slightest problem with it, if it happens.

Not. Cool.

On edit: P.S. I just noticed you are on the very thread I linked above, just a few posts below mine, but I guess maybe you didn't read back or something.

You are right about me posting in the thread but I didn't read the whole thing so I thought it fair that I do. Here is what I found:

The first shot fired
Claymaker said:
That being said yes they do need to keep Harrison away from him, he's dirty as hell. Sportsmanship and Harrison don't belong in the same sentence.
Not exactly classy from a guy who has probably seen Harrison play a couple of times during his career.

Next shot
Incubes12 said:
Harrison...sportsmanship? Ha! The guy only plays dirty.

The next shot
CheeseheadBrittany said:
harrison has a small *****... not that i know personally or anything...

Are you seeing a pattern here? Not one steeler fan yet.

Next
ivo610 said:
Thankfully texas is very pro gun. If Harrison tries to take out Arod I think Harrison will be taken out himself.

Threatening to take out a Steeler? I think it might be time for steeler fans to start to defend ... don't you?

But no ... the next shot
7thFloorRA said:
He doesn't scare me as much as Peppers did. He still needs to be dealt with though because he will take more cheap shots then Peppers.

I'm glad I didn't read the whole thread before because now I'm getting ticked. I thought you guys were classy. This thread gives me a different impression. I haven't seen what Steeler fans have said but I think whatever it is it is well deserved at this point. Don't you?

Next shot
Powarun said:
Yeah I was thinking of Harrison victims and yeah, I am not too concerned for Rodgers, more concerned over Jennings and Nelson.

Any one want to make any bets Harrison gets ejected from the Super Bowl?

Really, betting on this? Low class again.

and from the lowest class Packer fan I've seen on this site
ForgetFavre said:
And death penalty.
Which I'm against but I'll make an exception for Harrison.

Are you still feeling disrespected? I know I am.

and another shot at Harrison

ThorMathews said:
I could have sworn in football you arm tackle people down not jam your helmet into the other dudes helmet. I must have my sports mixed up, oh dear.
What's interesting with this one is that YOU "liked" this one. What do you say about that?

I'm tired so I'm going to stop now but I want to see you defend this. I don't think you have a leg to stand on. On the first page and a half the only shots taken are from packer fans. I will return later and go through the rest of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.