Overall Graft Grades, PF "experts"

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's a fair criticism to say that Gary's talent was not in evidence in Michigan's box scores. Much like Joey Bosa in his final season (5 sacks in 12 games), Gary's production underwhelmed (3.5 sacks in 9 games).

But if someone tries to say that his talent was not in evidence on tape, I would suggest that they didn't watch him with a fair eye, or they don't know what they're looking at. His ability jumps off the screen.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm also not happy about moving up to 21 for a Safety from a POS big ten school. Sorry to all Maryland fans I offended with that comment, but being sorry doesn't make me wrong.

Yeah, I'm really mad Gutekunst didn't draft a safety from a powerhouse like Bethune-Cookman :rolleyes:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
An F is being nice to yesterday's **** SHOW. It has the makings to rival the greatest first round failures of all time if the safety doesn't hit.

As far as pick 12 we drafted Datone Jones, Ra'shede Hageman and Malik Mcdowell all wrapped up into one.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We seem to be on course for a 5/10 draft. Meh...underwhelming and disappointing.

Open to guys surprising me, but ain't gotta hold my breath!

Rashan Gary - 4/10 - Talented but underwhelming performer.
Darnell Savage - 6/10 - Talented but short, underwhelming tackler against big WR/TE.

Could have been a lot better. I really hate the "talented.... but" players that our front office likes so much.

I don’t mind the Gary pick as much as others. He wouldn’t have been my first choice but the board didn’t fall the right way. The guys mesurables are incredible and he’s pretty versatile. This front 7 could be dominant if he pans out.

Savage I think was a reach. Plenty of safeties could have been had without trading those fourths but Gute obviously wanted him and there is something to be said about being the first picked at your position.

I give it a solid B but could be an A if we get AJ Brown, or Campbell at #44. Time to focus on the O.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's a fair criticism to say that Gary's talent was not in evidence in Michigan's box scores. Much like Joey Bosa in his final season (5 sacks in 12 games), Gary's production underwhelmed (3.5 sacks in 9 games).

But if someone tries to say that his talent was not in evidence on tape, I would suggest that they didn't watch him with a fair eye, or they don't know what they're looking at. His ability jumps off the screen.

I figured you would try to sell everyone on this trash.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I figured you would try to sell everyone on this trash.

I figured you would act like a crazy brat and lash out at people who literally aren't saying anything to you.

I said that Gary was freakishly rare on tape on this forum over three months ago. That's all I'm saying today. If that's a problem for you, I invite you to roll it into this general temper tantrum you've got going.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary shows good motor, good effort, played through an injured shoulder rather than miss games to help his team...and there are questions about it he loves football?

He needs major technique refinement, which isn't unusual for athletic freaks. Oliver is in the same boat.

Gary right now is good against the run, very athletic, very versatile, and very unrefined as a pass rusher. He fits Pettine's defense almost perfectly. If they can coach him up...he could be great. If they can't, he'll just be ok. A guy that flashes. It's a risk, a gamble, and I'm ok with that.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'm giving this a C- draft grade so far (though I agree with others, grading is best done in 3 years, it is fun though).

Gary - Raw player, injury concerns and lack of production if you define that through tackles and sacks. Gute mentions his intangibles, the stuff that doesn't make the stat sheet. I suppose he deserves the benefit of the doubt as he "got his guy". Hopefully he is able to produce without needing surgery this year.

Savage - Gave up a lot to get the top safety on our board - fair enough. He looks like he will need to put on some weight, 5'11 and 190 with some sites proclaiming his tendency to try to lay the wood doesn't add up to me. But sites are mentioning the safety group being very thin this year, so I suppose we again have to trust what our scouts see in this guy.

If I'm Aaron Rodgers I'm shaking my head a bit... how many early defensive picks do we need to spend in order for us to have the defense we want? Oline and WR hopefully today.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who does everyone want them to look at today at 44 and 75 to help make up for last night?

We are collectively never going to be happy with every pick. But is there any player(s) that would make it better?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If I'm Aaron Rodgers I'm shaking my head a bit... how many early defensive picks do we need to spend in order for us to have the defense we want? Oline and WR hopefully today.

Rodgers watching last night.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Hopefully.....Rodgers as he watches the next 2 days....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Who does everyone want them to look at today at 44 and 75 to help make up for last night?

We are collectively never going to be happy with every pick. But is there any player(s) that would make it better?

We might have a shot at Deebo Samuel tonight. None of the others will make it to us and Gute blew his *** as far as trading capital.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was going to say, from the little i've been able to see, I'm surprised his stats weren't better. He's strong, quick, can shed a block to come back inside or outside etc. But i've been watching highlight videos, so i can't make any declarations about it.

I will say I feel better today about the pick than last night when it happened.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I think there are a lot of good players that will be there at 44 and even at 75. One of them will be OL I think.

This would be my "short list" of players I would love to see at 44, even better at 75, but I doubt any of them last long enough to get to 75.

• Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State
  • A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
  • Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
  • Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma
  • Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
  • Irv Smith, TE, Alabama
  • Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington
  • Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
  • Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
  • Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia
  • Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
  • Te'Von Coney, ILB, Notre Dame
  • Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's very odd to me that so many people think that this pick was a reach based on "expert" opinions.

This is bizarre when you consider where many "experts" ranked him before the draft.

Lance Zierlein: 7th

Daniel Jeremiah: 10th

Dane Brugler: 13th

I am not telling anyone to feel differently about this pick based on these guys. You all might feel good or bad about these analysts... I don't know.

All I'm saying is that a number of reputable analysts had Gary right in the range of pick #12, if not a little earlier. And yet many people are labeling him a reach based on pre-draft projection. It's a confusing contradiction.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there are a lot of good players that will be there at 44 and even at 75. One of them will be OL I think.

This would be my "short list" of players I would love to see at 44, even better at 75, but I doubt any of them last long enough to get to 75.

• Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State
  • A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
  • Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
  • Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma
  • Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
  • Irv Smith, TE, Alabama
  • Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington
  • Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
  • Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
  • Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia
  • Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
  • Te'Von Coney, ILB, Notre Dame
  • Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

I would really enjoy seeing Taylor or Ford drop, though I cannot imagine the Cards, Raiders, Jags, even possibly Seahawks passing up on helping out their OLines.

I think this forum would explode if they went more defense instead of offense.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Well at the risk of loads of abuse, I prefer to see how this pans out before I critisise the selections..

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think this forum would explode if they went more defense instead of offense.

Agreed, I only threw Greedy, Wilson and Coney in the list due too value and potentially need. CB and ILB are 2 positions that I just don't know where the Packers sit right now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's very odd to me that so many people think that this pick was a reach based on "expert" opinions.

This is bizarre when you consider where many "experts" ranked him before the draft.

Lance Zierlein: 7th

Daniel Jeremiah: 10th

Dane Brugler: 13th

I am not telling anyone to feel differently about this pick based on these guys. You all might feel good or bad about these analysts... I don't know.

All I'm saying is that a number of reputable analysts had Gary right in the range of pick #12, if not a little earlier. And yet many people are labeling him a reach based on pre-draft projection. It's a confusing contradiction.

Honestly, given who was still left on the board when the Packers picked at #12, I think anyone they picked last night would probably solicit this same reaction from most. It's kind of built into the DNA of many. That isn't bashing anyone, just facts and I have been a part of it too. I thought the Rodgers pick was stupid at the time, figured he would never see the field as a Packer. How wrong I was. Thankfully, at the time I was not a member of this forum and I didn't put my frustrations out there for all to read and bring up yearly. :D

Last edited:

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, I only threw Greedy, Wilson and Coney in the list due too value and potentially need. CB and ILB are 2 positions that I just don't know where the Packers sit right now.

I agree with you, and I think if those guys are there it would be hard to pass up because you can find a WR deep in the draft.

Right now on paper the D-front looks huge and talented, we'll see how everyone plays together. Alexander & Jackson on 2nd year, Amos, throw Savage in there...the back end seems like could cause some opposing teams problems.

That middle part of the field is a big question mark in my eyes right now. I was not that upset with Bush came off the board, he appears to have the skill, but I wonder if size will affect him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Honestly, given who was still left on the board when the Packers picked at #12, I think anyone they picked last night would probably solicit this same reaction from most. It's kind of built into the DNA of many. That isn't bashing anyone, just facts and I have been a part of it too. I thought the Rodgers pick was stupid at the time, figured he would never see the field as a Packer. How wrong I was.

People build up their expectations for months and then freak out when those expectations are not met.

I fully expected Hockenson or Bush to be there, and thus figured on one of them being the pick. When they were gone, I was pretty open minded about which direction they wanted to go.

Members online

Latest posts