Jarran Reed 72.8
Rashan Gary 71.2

DEFENSE WORST
Darnell Savage 30.7
Rasul Douglas 33.2
Quay Walker 35.4
Eric Stokes 43.6
Dean Lowry 46.8

Wasn't shocked by any of these honestly - lined up with what I was seeing when rewatching the game. Overall Savage is just a massive disappointment for me and I'm becoming EXTREMELY mad we picked up his 5th year option if that money could be the difference between hanging on to Amos or not as he is becoming a FA

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry life got me from normal posting. Here we go:

Again 10 snap minimum:

OFFENSE BEST:
Elgton Jenkins 85.7
Randall Cobb 83.7
Jon Runyan 82.7
Aaron Jones 71.9
Yosh Nijman 68.8
**Josiah Deguara (9snaps) 74.0

OFFENSE WORST:
Christian Watson 55.7
Bahktiari 59.4
Josh Myers 60.1
Aaron Rodgers 60.2
AJ Dillon 62.3

DEFENSE BEST:
Preston Smith 84.6
DeVondre Campbell 80.9
Kenny Clark 77.9
Jarran Reed 72.8
Rashan Gary 71.2

DEFENSE WORST
Darnell Savage 30.7
Rasul Douglas 33.2
Quay Walker 35.4
Eric Stokes 43.6
Dean Lowry 46.8

Wasn't shocked by any of these honestly - lined up with what I was seeing when rewatching the game. Overall Savage is just a massive disappointment for me and I'm becoming EXTREMELY mad we picked up his 5th year option if that money could be the difference between hanging on to Amos or not as he is becoming a FA
Agree Savage is turning into a bust. Douglas has had his share of poor play so far this season. I hope that isn't a trend. Walker is a rookie and occasionally makes a splash play but looks like he is taking poor angles in the run game. Hopefully coaching can correct that. No surprise about Lowry. He will be a deficit in the run game until he gets benched.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One positive on offense, the "worst" grades are still pretty high. I'd like to know the breakdown on Watson and Bhak's grade. I could see Bhak struggling in the run game while he plays back into shape.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One positive on offense, the "worst" grades are still pretty high. I'd like to know the breakdown on Watson and Bhak's grade. I could see Bhak struggling in the run game while he plays back into shape.

Bahk's - PBlk 80.0 RBlk 58.7
Watson - Pass - 55.4 / Run 56.6 / Rblk 77.9

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahk's - PBlk 80.0 RBlk 58.7

That honestly doesn't surprise me. He's never been a great run blocker. I overall like PFF, but I do wonder how the weight the grading for linemen. If he's an 80 in pass blocking and 58.7 in run blocking, but we threw on on almost 64% of plays, it seems to me pass blocking should weight higher?

Watson - Pass - 55.4 / Run 56.6 / Rblk 77.9
Also roughly what I would expect for an athletic, but project rookie.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That honestly doesn't surprise me. He's never been a great run blocker. I overall like PFF, but I do wonder how the weight the grading for linemen. If he's an 80 in pass blocking and 58.7 in run blocking, but we threw on on almost 64% of plays, it seems to me pass blocking should weight higher?

Also roughly what I would expect for an athletic, but project rookie.

Few egregiously bad plays or crazy good plays can influence a game report for sure. That is why the week to week should be taken with a grain of salt...now as we get to half a year, reflecting on their grades as a whole can become of value more IMO.

Reaction score
DEFENSE WORST
Darnell Savage 30.7
Rasul Douglas 33.2
Quay Walker 35.4

Overall Savage is just a massive disappointment for me and I'm becoming EXTREMELY mad we picked up his 5th year option if that money could be the difference between hanging on to Amos or not as he is becoming a FA
In many cases he looks afraid to tackle. He’ll literally run up to a play and kinda be a spectator as he watched people pile on. We’re stuck with him now and can only hope he at least snags an INT or two sometime to makeup for his lackluster play

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Few egregiously bad plays or crazy good plays can influence a game report for sure. That is why the week to week should be taken with a grain of salt...now as we get to half a year, reflecting on their grades as a whole can become of value more IMO.

Oh, I'm not picking on the individual breakdown at all, I'm just curious on the math that says PBlk 80.0 RBlk 58.7 = 59.4 overall.

If the run/pass ratio heavily favored the run, that would make sense to me. But since it actually favored the pass, I would expect the pass-block grade to be more heavily weighted.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry life got me from normal posting. Here we go:

Again 10 snap minimum:

OFFENSE BEST:
Elgton Jenkins 85.7
Randall Cobb 83.7
Jon Runyan 82.7
Aaron Jones 71.9
Yosh Nijman 68.8
**Josiah Deguara (9snaps) 74.0

OFFENSE WORST:
Christian Watson 55.7
Bahktiari 59.4
Josh Myers 60.1
Aaron Rodgers 60.2
AJ Dillon 62.3

DEFENSE BEST:
Preston Smith 84.6
DeVondre Campbell 80.9
Kenny Clark 77.9
Jarran Reed 72.8
Rashan Gary 71.2

DEFENSE WORST
Darnell Savage 30.7
Rasul Douglas 33.2
Quay Walker 35.4
Eric Stokes 43.6
Dean Lowry 46.8

Thanks for getting us this data.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree. My takeaway from the numbers were that they were similar to the New England game, which makes me question the personnel usage and playcalling. Lousy second half for the coaching staff.

D

Deleted member 6794

Oh, I'm not picking on the individual breakdown at all, I'm just curious on the math that says PBlk 80.0 RBlk 58.7 = 59.4 overall.

If the run/pass ratio heavily favored the run, that would make sense to me. But since it actually favored the pass, I would expect the pass-block grade to be more heavily weighted.

I have never understood that with their grades either. It gets even more confusing when taking a look at Jenkins for example. He received an overall grade of 85.7 for his performance against the Giants based on a grade of 82.6 in pass blocking as well as 84.9 in run blocking. That seems truly odd to me.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never understood that with their grades either. It gets even more confusing when taking a look at Jenkins for example. He received an overall grade of 85.7 for his performance against the Giants based on a grade of 82.6 in pass blocking as well as 84.9 in run blocking. That seems truly odd to me.

This is the kind of things that makes me think whatever their formula (Excel spreadsheet? Actual code?) has a decimal place or percentage error. I seem to recall earlier this year a rookie LT (different team, don't remember who) that had a terrible pass block rating (lets say 40) but an excellent runblock rating (in the 90s) and PFF had his overall rating also in the 90s.

The extreme disconnect with their own numbers is why I suspect arithmetic error, because that's the simpler answer. Could also just be them having weird opinion of run block vs. pass block. I can somewhat deal with their individual system being protected/proprietary, but I'd sure to understand this specific situation better.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is the kind of things that makes me think whatever their formula (Excel spreadsheet? Actual code?) has a decimal place or percentage error. I seem to recall earlier this year a rookie LT (different team, don't remember who) that had a terrible pass block rating (lets say 40) but an excellent runblock rating (in the 90s) and PFF had his overall rating also in the 90s.

The extreme disconnect with their own numbers is why I suspect arithmetic error, because that's the simpler answer. Could also just be them having weird opinion of run block vs. pass block. I can somewhat deal with their individual system being protected/proprietary, but I'd sure to understand this specific situation better.

I wrote them an email once asking for an explanation of grades like that but unfortunately never received an answer.

Members online

Latest posts