OT...basketball

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It bothers me that I can't get a good read on the player's name in basketball.

Or, if you watched the Bucks masterful face-plant last night, you may not want to get a good read on who didn't do what. I mean ... sweet tap dancing Jesus ... THAT one will pretty much end my curiosity about the Bucks for a while.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or, if you watched the Bucks masterful face-plant last night, you may not want to get a good read on who didn't do what. I mean ... sweet tap dancing Jesus ... THAT one will pretty much end my curiosity about the Bucks for a while.

It's a shame the bucks finally lucked out and got a superstar for the first time since Kareem. And they squander it because the coach refuses to play his players more than 35 min a game. He literally said last season during the playoffs. Paraphrasing, if we can't win with giannis playing 35 min a game then Toronto deserves it. Smh wtf that kind of ego driven stance just doesn't make sense. If you can't win with giannis playing 35 min then play him more, what do you have to lose youre 1 game from elimination

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It's a shame the bucks finally lucked out and got a superstar for the first time since Kareem. And they squander it because the coach refuses to play his players more than 35 min a game. He literally said last season during the playoffs. Paraphrasing, if we can't win with giannis playing 35 min a game then Toronto deserves it. Smh wtf that kind of ego driven stance just doesn't make sense. If you can't win with giannis playing 35 min then play him more, what do you have to lose youre 1 game from elimination

Atlanta Hawks' 2014-2015 season.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta Hawks' 2014-2015 season.

Yeah he did the same thing then it's a pattern of stupidity. I'm baffled that you would lose just to adhere to some twisted ideological opinion you hold about some magic number of minutes that is the proper amount

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
As I recall, they were the first #1 seed to be swept out? I don't pretend to know what the heck is going on but whatever worked early on, is not cutting it in the bubble. Disappointing to the max because I was 13 when the Bucks won their only NBA title and I remember it like it was yesterday, but, I wanted another in my lifetime. This collapse will cost the Bucks a TON of money to keep Giannis. I don't see a hometown discount in the cards as the "money" teams are circling above the carcass...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I recall, they were the first #1 seed to be swept out? I don't pretend to know what the heck is going on but whatever worked early on, is not cutting it in the bubble. Disappointing to the max because I was 13 when the Bucks won their only NBA title and I remember it like it was yesterday, but, I wanted another in my lifetime. This collapse will cost the Bucks a TON of money to keep Giannis. I don't see a hometown discount in the cards as the "money" teams are circling above the carcass...

Yeah I'm not a big bucks fan but I haveshave aIa vested interest in things so I want them to win and more importantly keep Giannis...but dude this looks bad unless they pull it out I don't see him signing any contract with the bucks let alone a hometown discount. If they lose this they have to fire the coach and make some splash moves and hope to win in 2021 or I think he's gone

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame the bucks finally lucked out and got a superstar for the first time since Kareem. And they squander it because the coach refuses to play his players more than 35 min a game.
You're thinking about this all wrong. They're not there to play basketball, they're there for social justice reasons. How can you worry about trivial things like winning games when there are more important things going on in the world right now, like proving how woke you are?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people take a loss in stride... Then there's Crow. Also, your offer didn't have enough zeroes to make my life interesting. Later!

Funny how you won't argue the merits of the argument. Obviously, it's because you can't. So how many zeroes do you want to add to enhance your boring life?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Early indications are the NFL is going to be almost as woke as the NBA. Mark Murphy has already gone on record as being completely in favor. It's all but confirmed players will be allowed to wear the names of social justice victims on the backs of their helmets. This sort of thing will likely only increase. Not good news for anyone who was hoping to see their football served without a side of politics.

Which is also not good news for a league that relies on fan support.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how you won't argue the merits of the argument. Obviously, it's because you can't. So how many zeroes do you want to add to enhance your boring life?

Save your money bro, you're gonna need it to bail out your homies... https://www.foxnews.com/us/militia-members-gun-charges-kenosha

Also, have a look at the definition of pleonasm and then back to your first sentence. You're welcome. Sprucing up that CV for grammatical errors will help you get to GreenNGold's pay grade. ;)

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're thinking about this all wrong. They're not there to play basketball, they're there for social justice reasons. How can you worry about trivial things like winning games when there are more important things going on in the world right now, like proving how woke you are?

Haha oh is that it I just thought the coach was just a stubborn old man

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No one would be dumb enough to bet that dude won't get off on self defense. And theres zero chance hell get 1st degree murder But that doesn't mean by law he should get off. I mean the guy tried to walk toward the police with a weapon clearly visible and his hands up in an attempt to surrender while other people are yelling that's him, that's the guy who did the shooting... and what did the police do, ignore him and then yell at him to get out of the street. That's why that's a suckers bet. I would however bet you on the other statements you made because those can easily be proven false

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, have a look at the definition of pleonasm and then back to your first sentence.

Yeah, false application there, pal, but you tried.

So did you ever figure out how to use a hyphen, wanna-be Mr. Grammar? Or is that one still beyond you?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one would be dumb enough to bet that dude won't get off on self defense. And theres zero chance hell get 1st degree murder But that doesn't mean by law he should get off. I mean the guy tried to walk toward the police with a weapon clearly visible and his hands up in an attempt to surrender while other people are yelling that's him, that's the guy who did the shooting... and what did the police do, ignore him and then yell at him to get out of the street. That's why that's a suckers bet.
Of course it's a sucker's bet. That's why it was directed at a sucker.

I would however bet you on the other statements you made because those can easily be proven false

Admittedly, it's debatable, but I've seen some well-reasoned arguments against the weapon charge offered by lawyers. Even so, it's only a misdemeanor and in no way does it cancel his right to defend himself.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, false application there, pal, but you tried.

So did you ever figure out how to use a hyphen, wanna-be Mr. Grammar? Or is that one still beyond you?

That you chose that part of my post to rebut and not the initial statement speaks volumes. Did you set up a Gofundme for your homies yet?

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started this topic merely to say that I thought the basketball games looked pretty good w/o fans and so I was looking forward to watching The Pack. Still am. Then it got moral and political and finally we are arguing like a court of law. I only wanted to say that I am actually very concerned this time around. Never have been before. But I think Trump is a fascist. All the lying and blaming. Not caring about the environment. I am just amazed there are so many people that will vote for him. All I've got.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys talking about Kyle Rittenhouse? I don't live in Wisconsin, so I don't know if the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel leans one way or the other, but this article at least seems to be unbiased. Actual journalism in 2020, who would have thought? It answers some of the legality questions, pointing out that most of them will have to be resolved in a court of law.

Personally, I think the second and third shootings are clearly self defense, but the circumstances surrounding the first one are more fuzzy, he might be in trouble on that one.

I only wanted to say that I am actually very concerned this time around. Never have been before. But I think Trump is a fascist. All the lying and blaming. .
I think these "Biden vs. Trump" discussions are a little beyond the scope of this forum. But I will say this: Both sides are very concerned with this election, that's why there are concerns about possible civil war or violence, no matter who wins. Both sides are obviously very invested, and more to the point, fearful of what will happen if the other side wins.

But one thing is for sure: You can see BOTH sides lying and blaming, almost on a daily basis. Unfortunately, that's the nature of politics. If you think one side is doing it more than the other, you're not being objective.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Who needs Trump or Biden when there is only one clear choice ...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not a big bucks fan but I haveshave aIa vested interest in things so I want them to win and more importantly keep Giannis...but dude this looks bad unless they pull it out I don't see him signing any contract with the bucks let alone a hometown discount. If they lose this they have to fire the coach and make some splash moves and hope to win in 2021 or I think he's gone

You're probably right and then I'll get to live on, in the past, venerating Lew Alcindor, Oscar Robertson, Jon McGlocklin, Bobby Dandridge, Lucius Allen and Bob Boozer (love that name as an adult).

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Irrelevant...the problem is no police officer is worried that if he or she kills anyone. They won't go home to sleep in their own bed that night. They are not afraid of the consequences of unjustly killing a civilian, in other words a customer. Because it has been proven over and over again they won't face any consequences. How many jobs can you kill a customer because you thought you were scared for your life? Only to have it turn out that gun you thought you saw was a wallet or a cellphone or nothing at all. If you were a clerk at 7/11 and you shoot a guy because you thought they had a gun and you are sure they were gonna rob you, do you go to jail or do you go sleep in your own bed while your victim lies cold in the morgue...And "anyone" includes you, whether you follow "instructions" or not. Some including you seem to miss the fact that police salaries are paid with our tax money, they work for us. Probably shouldn't be killing the people you work for and all of us definitely should not be ok with them killing any of us no matter who it is because no matter who it is the fact is, it could be any of us for any reason and the thing that remains the same is the killer is going home to his family and youre not
As long as people believe that following a police officer’s instruction is irrelevant and strictly optional, these types of events will continue to occur from time to time. It’s inevitable and this stuff almost never happens to truly innocent people. The Truly innocent people are however being gunned down regularly in Chicago neighborhoods. It’s odd that there is utterly zero media backlash against the filthy perps. Why is that???????????

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as people believe that following a police officer’s instruction is irrelevant and strictly optional, these types of events will continue to occur from time to time. It’s inevitable and this stuff almost never happens to truly innocent people. The Truly innocent people are however being gunned down regularly in Chicago neighborhoods. It’s odd that there is utterly zero media backlash against the filthy perps. Why is that???????????

Maybe you're the white knight that journalism needs right now. Maybe you can bring to light the individual cases of crime in Chicago. You may just be the hero Chicago deserves AND needs right now. Get your cowl, armor, face paint and gadgets ready. Your hunt for media justice starts on Monday.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I started this topic merely to say that I thought the basketball games looked pretty good w/o fans and so I was looking forward to watching The Pack. Still am. Then it got moral and political and finally we are arguing like a court of law. I only wanted to say that I am actually very concerned this time around. Never have been before. But I think Trump is a fascist. All the lying and blaming. Not caring about the environment. I am just amazed there are so many people that will vote for him. All I've got.
Lol at the thought of Donald Trump being a fascist. Imo, no US president has ever been further from being a fascist than Donald Trump. He has so much disrespect for government and it attempting to run and control businesses and that is the essence of fascism. Authoritarian government control of business and people.

Latest posts