Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People have brought up what Favre went through with the passing of his Dad, while it was a heavy burden for him to carry, its a differnt one IMO then what we perceive Rodgers is possibly going through. Favre had an emotional loss that he rose up and used to actually fuel his fire, it inspired him to be great that day. Afterall, its what his father would have wanted. Rodgers on the other hand is dealing with people questioning his ability and that in turn has shaken his own confidence. A mental state of mind that can just keep snowballing.

If a comparison between Favre and Rodgers and how they have dealt with adversity had to be made, I would be more apt to bring up Favre's addiction to vicodin and how he worked his way through that.

Well, that and the fact that different people act differently to trials and tribulations involving family.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well, that and the fact that different people act differently to trials and tribulations involving family.
Agreed. While I haven't lost a parent, I have lost people close to me and I usually greet it as I think Favre did that night...."This one is for you!"

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't know what gives in A-rods head, but he has to know he is just as dangerous with his feet too, I would like to see him change MM's plays at the line, might reduce the delay of game and unnecessary time outs.

Rodgers already has the ability to change plays at the LOS but hasn't been successful doing it this season by any means. Actually with the quarterback struggling I would reduce his ability to audible to a different one to get some responsibility off his plate.

But I think that the bigger problem is Mike McCarthy and his wanting and achieving a running game instead of a real west coast offense. Ever since we got Lacy as our running back things have started to go to hell at Green Bay. Here is the basic playbook for McCarthy. 1st down run Lacy make 4 yds. 2nd play run Lacy and maybe make 3 yds. We are now at 7 yds with 3 to go and we decide to try a pass play for 20 yds and because Arod and the receivers are out of sink it fails. In the 2011 season where we scored a 15-1 record we had Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb as wide outs along with Donald Driver and Greg Jennings James Jones and Jermichael Finley at tight end. We played the west coast offence and we played it well. Now we look like a second rate college team with the grind and pound type offence. I would say Mike McCarthy is as big a part of our downward spiral as anybody.

The Packers need to establish the running game, especially with Rodgers struggling. The team ran the ball on first down on 48.1% of the first down plays in 2011 as well, a number that is similar to this season (54.2%).

Packerlover29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has said multiple times he'd love to play his career in Green Bay. Olivia Munn has said stuff about liking green bay as well, etc. So this sounds like a soap opera plot line. If anything I would say maybe Rodgers lost a competitive edge...but Rodgers is always said to be the most competitve guy in the locker room, so I wouldn't buy that either. All that said, I truly don't know why his play has changed over the last year.

He certainly doesn't look like the guy we signed up to pay all this money too. Whatever "it" is, they need to figure "it" out. The offense has issues, and #12 is one of them. I don't all of a sudden he can't play QB, but he's not right. he can be, but will he get it together? and when?
the packers also need that energy that they once had.. Moping around after bad plays only makes things worse. When you have a quarterback in a slump like this and he has very low energy, its rubbing off on the rest of his teamates. I miss the old packers but i still have hope. It'll come

Reaction score
First, I know I'm in the minority here so you can give me as many "X" as you want IDC.
IMO, I dont think he's washed up yet and I think it would be a big mistake to give up on Aaron
I do believe that QBs like many athletes and professionals in any sector) hit peaks and valleys in their careers and not many can hold MVP play expectations year in and year out.
Simply speaking they are still human

I don't care what stat you can show me otherwise because I've lived it and witnessed it..
I believe in the power of the human spirit and I believe if there is any QB that has the potential to rebound it is Aaron Rodgers.
That being said, This doesn't mean he is immune to putting in extra work and just showing up on Sunday's.
Nobody can make Aaron play better but Aaron. First he needs to recognize his play has diminished and resolve to fix Rather than looking elsewhere for blame. There may indeed be others to blame but he can't control others he can only control himself.
He has to look inward and focus on his fundamentals and challenge himself and get to work early and stay late studying and practicing countering to regain his swagger.
It takes work to stay at the top, but this guy is a competitor and has the fire to be there again.
If there's one thing I've learned about Aaron? Don't count him out he's a crafty QB
Continue to surround him with weapons and he will continue to perform another 5 years. It's time to stop giving Dom all these 1st rounders and get AR 2-3 weapons through FA and the draft

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes FAR from washed up. So lets get that part out of the way. Rodgers issue is 100% pure mental. Something is going on up stairs with him.

His problem isn't the game itself. His problem is that something is going on OUTSIDE of Football that is AFFECTING his play.

Also, doesn't Rodgers look kind of smaller to some of you? Looks like hes lost some weight. I'm not saying thats a problem, but it could be if hes dealing with stress outside of Football.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hes FAR from washed up. So lets get that part out of the way. Rodgers issue is 100% pure mental. Something is going on up stairs with him.

His problem isn't the game itself. His problem is that something is going on OUTSIDE of Football that is AFFECTING his play.

Also, doesn't Rodgers look kind of smaller to some of you? Looks like hes lost some weight. I'm not saying thats a problem, but it could be if hes dealing with stress outside of Football.

IMO its not a problem just outside of football. That very well might be a contributing factor, but his displeasure with teammates, MM and his general overall demeanor when he is on the field or the sidelines is a telling thing. Feels like he has put his game on cruise control for awhile now, the ability is still there, but the desire and focus are not.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers changed his diet this offseason and lost weight down to 215 pounds but according to various reports is in excellent shape. Therefore I doubt he struggles because of it.

ahmerb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People have brought up what Favre went through with the passing of his Dad, while it was a heavy burden for him to carry, its a differnt one IMO then what we perceive Rodgers is possibly going through. Favre had an emotional loss that he rose up and used to actually fuel his fire, it inspired him to be great that day. Afterall, its what his father would have wanted. Rodgers on the other hand is dealing with people questioning his ability and that in turn has shaken his own confidence. A mental state of mind that can just keep snowballing.

If a comparison between Favre and Rodgers and how they have dealt with adversity had to be made, I would be more apt to bring up Favre's addiction to vicodin and how he worked his way through that.
Almost every athlete goes through spots where they can't hit the broad side of a barn with a hand full of rice. But they don't stay there. I would feel better if Rodgers would take the receivers out by himself and buy them dinner and then practice throwing to them for several hours by themselves and having feedback with them as to what he can do better etc.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know who was wearing #12 on Sunday but it surely wasn't the Aaron Rodgers I know. For a second game in a row he had adequate protection and still had trouble finding the open receiver. WTF is wrong??

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the offensive scheme is predictable and stale...the defense they are facing know what is coming...that is COACHING. What is not coming out of 12's hand is on the 3rd second he has the ball. Sling it. If he knows his progressions, it really isn't that difficult.

The lions share of this is ALL on McCarthy and Thompson. The good ol boys club. The seemingly gutless Prez needs to recognize management/coaching that have gotten all too comfortable with old hat. It is finally showing its ugly head. AR has become complacent. Time to set sail on different shores.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the offensive scheme is predictable and stale...the defense they are facing know what is coming...that is COACHING. What is not coming out of 12's hand is on the 3rd second he has the ball. Sling it. If he knows his progressions, it really isn't that difficult.

The lions share of this is ALL on McCarthy and Thompson. The good ol boys club. The seemingly gutless Prez needs to recognize management/coaching that have gotten all too comfortable with old hat. It is finally showing its ugly head. AR has become complacent. Time to set sail on different shores.
another guy that thinks missing open receivers in the endzone, fumbling on the 1 yard line and red zone interceptions are a scheme problem. Call a different play, and if you fumble, miss the throw or toss it to the wrong team, do we win ?

Reaction score
I'm no longer making any excuses. Jordy is back. Our OL is actually pass protecting quite well. Aaron isn't Aaron anymore. This isn't an MVP QB any longer. Sadly, this all started last season. People were like, well, Jordy was out, so lets give Rodgers a pass. Well, Jordy is back, and Rodgers looks WORSE this year. Isn't Rodgers close to being ranked dead last in completion % right now?

I'm not going to pretend I know what the issue is. Maybe its a slump. Maybe our offensive system needs an overhaul. Maybe there is a rift going on between MM and Rodgers. Who knows. But what I do know, is that Rodgers isn't Rodgers anymore and this started long before this Dallas game. It started last year.

Rodgers doesn't deserve to be in the elite QB discussion right now.
It's really obvious his accuracy isn't there. Look no further than the latest State Farm ads. He has all day to kill a fly and he throws a golf club through the window? 2009-2014 Aaron Rodgers just doesn't do that

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The people calling for MM to step down immediately realize that that's it for Sundays the rest of the year then, right? Firing your coach midway through the season, that's something teams who've given up do.

I would think even MM's harshest critic would give him until seasons end or at least playoff contention could be ruled out?

Viper556

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm no longer making any excuses. Jordy is back. Our OL is actually pass protecting quite well. Aaron isn't Aaron anymore. This isn't an MVP QB any longer. Sadly, this all started last season. People were like, well, Jordy was out, so lets give Rodgers a pass. Well, Jordy is back, and Rodgers looks WORSE this year. Isn't Rodgers close to being ranked dead last in completion % right now?

I'm not going to pretend I know what the issue is. Maybe its a slump. Maybe our offensive system needs an overhaul. Maybe there is a rift going on between MM and Rodgers. Who knows. But what I do know, is that Rodgers isn't Rodgers anymore and this started long before this Dallas game. It started last year.

Rodgers doesn't deserve to be in the elite QB discussion right now.

Not reading through 3 pages, so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I don't believe his oline is as good as it seems. Defenses are dropping 7-8 guys in coverage, which makes it easy for the oline to pass protect. They are basically daring him to pass the ball, which is what is so strange.

You'd think by doing that the Pack could just gash them with the run, but it still seems like the running game is just ok to good, but not great. The Pack should be able to completely take advantage of that, but it seems like they can't and I think opposing teams know it.

In short, I think the Packers are just plain lacking in some key areas and they have been "figured out" by opposing teams. They are completely predictable. That has made it a lot more difficult for Rodgers and I believe these weaknesses have gotten into Rodgers head, which have only made his play worse and exacerbated the problem.

Basically, I think the Packers need to figure out how to change things up and become less predictable, Rodgers needs to get some confidence back and then things can turn around. However, that's much easier said than done.

Reaction score
It's really obvious his accuracy isn't there. Look no further than the latest State Farm ads. He has all day to kill a fly and he throws a golf club through the window? 2009-2014 Aaron Rodgers just doesn't do that
It is ironic how that commercial parallels his play lately. I still wonder if CM3 got that darn fly in the background with the broom tho :sneaky:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not reading through 3 pages, so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I don't believe his oline is as good as it seems. Defenses are dropping 7-8 guys in coverage, which makes it easy for the oline to pass protect. They are basically daring him to pass the ball, which is what is so strange.

You'd think by doing that the Pack could just gash them with the run, but it still seems like the running game is just ok to good, but not great. The Pack should be able to completely take advantage of that, but it seems like they can't and I think opposing teams know it.

In short, I think the Packers are just plain lacking in some key areas and they have been "figured out" by opposing teams. They are completely predictable. That has made it a lot more difficult for Rodgers and I believe these weaknesses have gotten into Rodgers head, which have only made his play worse and exacerbated the problem.

Basically, I think the Packers need to figure out how to change things up and become less predictable, Rodgers needs to get some confidence back and then things can turn around. However, that's much easier said than done.
There's some truth in there, but the line is been doing ok with 4 and 5 pass rushers too. They need to run the ball better and more consistently and it will go a long ways in getting they this funk.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It is ironic how that commercial parallels his play lately. I still wonder if CM3 got that darn fly in the background with the broom tho :sneaky:
CM3 isn't hitting a lot of anything lately either, so I am guessing that fly is still alive!

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

And it should be noted that CM3 played that Dallas game like he was lounging on the sofa.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hate to bring it up again but a good lady is the driving force for a successful man! this girl Rod is dating has caused rifts between his family and now probably his football career. take it with a grain of salt if you will but since he dated this chick(2014) it's been down hill for him. it's well known she is not very liked and I believe it is taking a toll on him.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the Giants game plan from 2011 through 2013. Drop seven into coverage and make Rodgers struggle. I think that the Cowboys Dline was also playing contain to keep Rodgers from scrambling. The only difference between the strategy employed by the 2011 Giants and the 2016 Cowboys is that the Giants had a better Dline. I think that lesser units have now been able to employ the 7 man pass defense with success against Rodgers.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a big X's and O's guy but if there's 7 or 8 defenders dropped back in coverage, run the ball. At the very least there should be some running room if our recievers can block. At the very best it's man-to-man-to-man defense, the defenders backs are turned and it's off to the races. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts