Okay, I'll admit it now. Rodgers has regressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm no longer making any excuses. Jordy is back. Our OL is actually pass protecting quite well. Aaron isn't Aaron anymore. This isn't an MVP QB any longer. Sadly, this all started last season. People were like, well, Jordy was out, so lets give Rodgers a pass. Well, Jordy is back, and Rodgers looks WORSE this year. Isn't Rodgers close to being ranked dead last in completion % right now?

I'm not going to pretend I know what the issue is. Maybe its a slump. Maybe our offensive system needs an overhaul. Maybe there is a rift going on between MM and Rodgers. Who knows. But what I do know, is that Rodgers isn't Rodgers anymore and this started long before this Dallas game. It started last year.

Rodgers doesn't deserve to be in the elite QB discussion right now.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been saying it for a year. Ive been trying to tune out announcers all season, bc all they say is "this is not typical AR... Best qb in the game..." etc.

Aaron has not looked elite for an entire game in over a year. This IS the new AR.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He certainly doesn't look like the guy we signed up to pay all this money too. Whatever "it" is, they need to figure "it" out. The offense has issues, and #12 is one of them. I don't all of a sudden he can't play QB, but he's not right. he can be, but will he get it together? and when?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Is it possible he wants out of Green Bay? Hey, I've been an ardent supporter of Rodgers since the day Favre retired, but, I'm beginning to wonder if he hasn't found things more important to him elsewhere. Could he be trying to play his way out of Green Bay? He has more money than God...so, it's not money...

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tiger ain't tiger since his girlfriend/wife....just sayin'!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Agreed. He missed 3 open receivers for TDs today. I miss being spoiled by good QB play.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Is it possible he wants out of Green Bay? Hey, I've been an ardent supporter of Rodgers since the day Favre retired, but, I'm beginning to wonder if he hasn't found things more important to him elsewhere. Could he be trying to play his way out of Green Bay? He has more money than God...so, it's not money...

Rodgers has said multiple times he'd love to play his career in Green Bay. Olivia Munn has said stuff about liking green bay as well, etc. So this sounds like a soap opera plot line. If anything I would say maybe Rodgers lost a competitive edge...but Rodgers is always said to be the most competitve guy in the locker room, so I wouldn't buy that either. All that said, I truly don't know why his play has changed over the last year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think it has anything at all with wanting to get out of GB. this sounds like something a no talent journalist begging for readers or watchers would come up with and entertain as a legitimate line of questioning.

evildoer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've seen this before, just not with AR. Similar age. 1999,2000 Favre? Or the older 2005, 2006 Favre? Arguably his 4 worst seasons, three were under new head coaches. I don't know how much that has to do with anything, new coaching staff and terminology maybe.

1999 Favre had just went from Holmgren to Rhodes.
2000 Favre had just went from Rhodes to Sherman.
20005 Favre was Shermans last year.
2006 Favre was McCarthys first year.

I fully believe AR has the ability, he's just lost his edge. It could be something we're not seeing where maybe McCarthing is trying to reel him in a bit.

McCarthy has been questionable for years and you could directly tie his success in with AR being so dominant for years. Coaches have a shelf life. I would say that he's failed to live up to expectations.

TT I'm on the fence about, but the rumors are he's probably gone soon anyway.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe we have a definite talent gap in recent years. We have a lot of guys who are good, would play on other teams. We have a lot of roster fillers as well, who play at times well enough to compete.

We haven't seen a game changer in the draft in years, unless you are counting clinton dix.

I think we have drafted to afford our roster, but we have put the roster together to rely on AR and Cm3. The colts did this around manning, and we saw what happened there and what we are seeing now when just those 2 struggle.

When they do, we are not competetive.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I believe we have a definite talent gap in recent years. We have a lot of guys who are good, would play on other teams. We have a lot of roster fillers as well, who play at times well enough to compete.

We haven't seen a game changer in the draft in years, unless you are counting clinton dix.

I think we have drafted to afford our roster, but we have put the roster together to rely on AR and Cm3. The colts did this around manning, and we saw what happened there and what we are seeing now when just those 2 struggle.

When they do, we are not competetive.
I saw promising running backs in pre season did we let them all go?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still want to know what happened during the bye week last year. Something happened that no one will speak of and things have not been the same since.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still want to know what happened during the bye week last year. Something happened that no one will speak of and things have not been the same since.
You need to go back and look at last year more critically.... The Packers offense was actually playing pretty badly long before the bye week. The 6-0 record masked the fact that the offense looked pretty bad in almost all but the Kansas City game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I tuned the radio in after the game just to listen to what people were saying. I didn't catch who the on air guys were but they were talking about Rodgers and how he was kind of an outcast early in his career (pre-starting days), came off as being smarter then everyone. Then he changed and made it a point to be available to his teammates and become "one of the guys". Then they said in the past few years, he has kind of pulled a Favre (late in his career) and has been more aloof with his teammates and the public. Wondering if anyone else has heard this and how much truth there is to it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe its time to trade Aaron to the Jets, the Vikings will need a new QB in 2 years. :whistling:

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs to stop making State Farm ads and more focus in watching game film.
He was doing better in years when they had that chubby male Packers fan in the cheese hat who shows up at the end and yells, "Hey, Rodgers! Discount double check!"
Then he went away.
When they brought him back last year, he was in the majority of the ad and Rodgers started this slump.
Now he is gone again and Rodgers is still in the slump.
Either a coincidence or there is something more to this.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He was doing better in years when they had that chubby male Packers fan in the cheese hat who shows up at the end and yells, "Hey, Rodgers! Discount double check!"
Then he went away.
When they brought him back last year, he was in the majority of the ad and Rodgers started this slump.
Now he is gone again and Rodgers is still in the slump.
Either a coincidence or there is something more to this.

He seems to play REALLY poorly when Favre is at Lambeau. Last year against the Bears on Thanksgiving and now today.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just may be fading... he not young.

He's 32 years old. Most quarterbacks reach their peak in their early to mid-30s. If he is truly fading physically already then they need to start considering trade offers while they can. And I'm talking multiple first round picks, BTW.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not fading physically, he flicks it 80 yards down field across his body still. His problems are in his head. Whether it's chemistry, confidence, whatever, he needs to figure it out and soon

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He's not fading physically, he flicks it 80 yards down field across his body still. His problems are in his head. Whether it's chemistry, confidence, whatever, he needs to figure it out and soon

I agree. We heard rumblings of "playing with an injury" last year and his "knee scoped to clean up old stuff" after the season. At the time most were satisfied that the knee, along with "No Jordy" explained why AR was off most of last year. But this is 5 games into this year. A year AR claims was his best off season yet and a diet change had him feeling "great".

So AR's drop in play doesn't appear at all to be because of age, injury or No Jordy. Something just isn't right and that "something meter" keeps inching further and further towards "mental game" IMO. Whether it's too many laps around Olivia, too many off field distractions, becoming aloof with teammates, a riff with MM, coasting to the HOF, fear of injury...if it doesn't change, the old AR isn't coming back anytime soon.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Coming from outside of the game in terms of growing up watching Soccer as you lot call it, it seems too much emphasis is put on these Franchise players. If you can`t cut it with a team in Europe or for that matter anywhere, there`s the door, don`t let it hit you in the *** as you leave.
I once said, and was nearly verbally lynched for it, Aaron is not as good as his reputation. We should bench him for the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts