Okay, I'll admit it now. Rodgers has regressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rogers is scared of getting hit. He has happy feet and his decisions are affected by the rush more than other QBs are. He's looking to prolong his career. The more commercials, the more poor play. Did he play poorly when he was focused on football? No. He played lights out. To make matters worse, he is nearing the age where most QBs begin to decline. Certainly there are exceptions to this, but Rogers appears to not be one. He used to make up for poor receiver play. Maybe I'm missing that he is still doing that. I don't know. What I do know is that we are not close to what we used to be. Also, let's give Dallas some credit. They are doing great this year.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm 50/50 about benching, that could start the ball rolling in the wrong direction and do irreparable harm. But you are right, if this was any other player on the Packers, their butts would be riding the pine (padded and heated).

Most of the prima donna elite players in the NFL are able to play well under the bright spot light, this is what makes them great. Starting to question AR's ability to do that.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think Rogers is scared of getting hit. He has happy feet and his decisions are affected by the rush more than other QBs are. He's looking to prolong his career. The more commercials, the more poor play. Did he play poorly when he was focused on football? No. He played lights out. To make matters worse, he is nearing the age where most QBs begin to decline. Certainly there are exceptions to this, but Rogers appears to not be one. He used to make up for poor receiver play. Maybe I'm missing that he is still doing that. I don't know. What I do know is that we are not close to what we used to be. Also, let's give Dallas some credit. They are doing great this year.

I agree with giving the Cowboys credit for the victory but we made it easy for them to be fair.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's 32 years old. Most quarterbacks reach their peak in their early to mid-30s. If he is truly fading physically already then they need to start considering trade offers while they can. And I'm talking multiple first round picks, BTW.
In the past, he was worth a 1st round pick. The problem...he is not worth it now. You need to refresh and rebuild constantly. We don't do that so the entire organization is way over due for change.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In the past, he was worth a 1st round pick. The problem...he is not worth it now. You need to refresh and rebuild constantly. We don't do that so the entire organization is way over due for change.

I have no doubt there are quite a few teams out there that would pay dearly to have AR on their team, look at what the Viking paid for Bradford. AR's value has somewhat declined due to his poor play, but it would a first round and more.

The Packers aren't trading AR at this point.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wasn't Bradford an ascending player though?

Bradford only once finished a season with a passer rating higher than Rodgers currently has this season. Therefore it would for sure take way more to acquire the Packers quarterback than what the Vikings had to give up for Bradford.

It's a given the Packers won't trade Rodgers.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to bench him to see Hundley play. I would have been fine benching him for a series yesterday just to send a message. A message that he needs to get his **** together, he isn't bigger than the team and that he needs to look in the mirror and worry about 12 and not about drops and how guys are running routes.

I think more than anything the problems are all in his head. The arrogance (he used to come off as confident but you listen to him do an interview now and he is a total *****), recent aloofness with teammates and whatever is going on in his personal life....are all factors. If he really shut his family off and had them sign confidentiality contracts then there is more than enough smoke to call it a fire and that is not getting fixed anytime soon I fear.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Elephant in the room that I don't see mentioned much, is Rodgers family. I wonder if there was a big falling out with his family during the bye week last year. Could there be a rift there? Could Olivia Munn be playing a role?

I think thats an angle that needs to be investigated personally. Maybe Aaron has alienated himself from his entire family and has personal issues we don't see on the surface.

*shrug*

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Elephant in the room that I don't see mentioned much, is Rodgers family. I wonder if there was a big falling out with his family during the bye week last year. Could there be a rift there? Could Olivia Munn be playing a role?

*shrug*

As easy as it is for some to say "leave your personal life off the field and just play the damn game", its not an easy thing to do. I am sure we have all had personal things happen in our lives and no matter how hard you try, it impacts all aspects of your life. I can't imagine trying to fix my personal life while millions of people were watching and commenting 24/7 on it.

Rodgers was very used to being under the spotlight for all the positives things he did and he soaked it all in. Now, there have been so many rumors and speculation about Rodgers and his off the field life, as well as criticism concerning his persona with coaches and fellow players being thrown around, it's anybody's guess as to what is wrong. If any of it is true and it is impacting his game, the only person who can fix that is Rodgers himself. But the longer it goes unfixed, the brighter and hotter that spotlight is going to get. Sadly, if the off season wasn't enough time to figure those things out, I don't have a lot of confidence it will happen mid season.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw an interesting comment amongst all of his off the field rumors that involved his grandfather. I believe it said he would always speak with him on gameday before the game and that they were very close. He supposedly did not attend his funeral. He also supposedly skipped one of his best friends weddings. Another comment said he banned his parents from sitting in his box at the game with munn.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's 32 years old. Most quarterbacks reach their peak in their early to mid-30s. If he is truly fading physically already then they need to start considering trade offers while they can. And I'm talking multiple first round picks, BTW.

Average career for pro bowlers is 11.2 years. Most QB are out of the game by their mid 30s not peaking. You are thinking of the exceptions not rule.

Fishwhisper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are tendencies that Arron has shown in his last 10 games but......the brain trust has not improved the skill players to compensate for the decrease in Rogers play. No new running backs, no new WR. Only acquisition was a TE who is no factor at this time.

Shame on upper management for fumbling this team into mediocrity.

I

As easy as it is for some to say "leave your personal life off the field and just play the damn game", its not an easy thing to do. I am sure we have all had personal things happen in our lives and no matter how hard you try, it impacts all aspects of your life. I can't imagine trying to fix my personal life while millions of people were watching and commenting 24/7 on it.

Rodgers was very used to being under the spotlight for all the positives things he did and he soaked it all in. Now, there have been so many rumors and speculation about Rodgers and his off the field life, as well as criticism concerning his persona with coaches and fellow players being thrown around, it's anybody's guess as to what is wrong. If any of it is true and it is impacting his game, the only person who can fix that is Rodgers himself. But the longer it goes unfixed, the brighter and hotter that spotlight is going to get. Sadly, if the off season wasn't enough time to figure those things out, I don't have a lot of confidence it will happen mid season.

While these words are difficult for me to say PB, I get it is hard to leave your personal life off the field, Brett Favre played the game of his life right after his Dad passed away. Aaron Rodgers is amazingly well paid for what he does mate, unlike most of us, he doesn`t have our problems. It`s his duty to get his crap together for at least one hour of his life and earn his pay.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I don't know what gives in A-rods head, but he has to know he is just as dangerous with his feet too, I would like to see him change MM's plays at the line, might reduce the delay of game and unnecessary time outs.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
O
Coming from outside of the game in terms of growing up watching Soccer as you lot call it, it seems too much emphasis is put on these Franchise players. If you can`t cut it with a team in Europe or for that matter anywhere, there`s the door, don`t let it hit you in the *** as you leave.
I once said, and was nearly verbally lynched for it, Aaron is not as good as his reputation. We should bench him for the next game.
ok if we do and the back up plays poorly will that help his confidence any? Not trying to make excuses for him.

I

O

ok if we do and the back up plays poorly will that help his confidence any? Not trying to make excuses for him.

I`m sorry but his confidence isn`t the issue here, he`s not doing what he is being paid to do. He`s passing the buck to other players. I`m not saying offload him at the earliest moment, I`m saying he needs a reality check here.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While these words are difficult for me to say PB, I get it is hard to leave your personal life off the field, Brett Favre played the game of his life right after his Dad passed away. Aaron Rodgers is amazingly well paid for what he does mate, unlike most of us, he doesn`t have our problems. It`s his duty to get his crap together for at least one hour of his life and earn his pay.

No doubt Buggy. I agree with you. That was the point I was trying to make, although when I reread my point, it may have sounded like I was defending Rodgers, I wasn't. Merely pointing out that these are his demons to fix.

Some athletes can handle the adverse off field stuff just fine and you wouldn't know it by the way they play on the field. Rodgers was fine in the bright sparkly all is good spotlight and maybe that is what started to distract him from his job. Now that the spotlight has gotten ultra bright and skeptical, AR seemingly is struggling with it. "R E L A X"......may not have been standing for "don't worry I got this", more then it was "get off my back, I can't work under pressure".

While this isn't a "brain injury", its a mental state of mind with no time table or guarantee it gets corrected. I know people are talking about benching Rodgers, but maybe the best thing for Rodgers is for Rodgers benching himself and saying "I'm human, I need time to get my crap together for the betterment of the team".

ahmerb

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think that Olivia Munn may be a culprit in Arods play because they are playing house together from what I read. But I think that the bigger problem is Mike McCarthy and his wanting and achieving a running game instead of a real west coast offense. Ever since we got Lacy as our running back things have started to go to hell at Green Bay. Here is the basic playbook for McCarthy. 1st down run Lacy make 4 yds. 2nd play run Lacy and maybe make 3 yds. We are now at 7 yds with 3 to go and we decide to try a pass play for 20 yds and because Arod and the receivers are out of sink it fails. In the 2011 season where we scored a 15-1 record we had Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb as wide outs along with Donald Driver and Greg Jennings James Jones and Jermichael Finley at tight end. We played the west coast offence and we played it well. Now we look like a second rate college team with the grind and pound type offence. I would say Mike McCarthy is as big a part of our downward spiral as anybody.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw an interesting comment amongst all of his off the field rumors that involved his grandfather. I believe it said he would always speak with him on gameday before the game and that they were very close. He supposedly did not attend his funeral. He also supposedly skipped one of his best friends weddings. Another comment said he banned his parents from sitting in his box at the game with munn.

If that's true, then it bolsters my comments above and that is very much the problem then. Family problems can absolutely affect a person on the job (ANY job)

So perhaps Rodgers needs a damn leave of absence so he can fix these issues (IF TRUE!) and just let Hundley run the team while Rodgers is away to fix his issues and get his head on straight.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That night Favre's dad passed away, he was chucking up everything and Packer Receivers were coming down with everything. It was a special night, that is certain. Never forget it, but I'll also never forget Guys like Walls and Walker coming down with Touchdown passes that could have easily been interceptions. Those receivers weren't dropping anything that night.

and what Rodgers is going thru isn't new. Favre went thru it himself. 99-00? somewhere in there he was not that good. He was great before, he was great after, but had a period in there where he was anything but great. He worked thru it.

I mentioned in another post, it was about this time in 2014 everyone said Brady needed to be benched, traded or step aside and retire. The history books have already been written and it's clear he shouldn't have been traded, benched or retired in 2014.

Do anything long enough, even things you're great at, you're going to have rough patches. Rodgers is having one. It remains to be seen how long it lasts. But he's not done, i don't believe that yet.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
People have brought up what Favre went through with the passing of his Dad, while it was a heavy burden for him to carry, its a differnt one IMO then what we perceive Rodgers is possibly going through. Favre had an emotional loss that he rose up and used to actually fuel his fire, it inspired him to be great that day. Afterall, its what his father would have wanted. Rodgers on the other hand is dealing with people questioning his ability and that in turn has shaken his own confidence. A mental state of mind that can just keep snowballing.

If a comparison between Favre and Rodgers and how they have dealt with adversity had to be made, I would be more apt to bring up Favre's addiction to vicodin and how he worked his way through that.

I

I only used that comparison as it was the obvious one. You are right bringing up the other issue. Either way he needs to get his head out of his ***, and quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.