Okay, I'll admit it now. Rodgers has regressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Put me down for the test then ;).
Rodgers still has more pure talent in his pinkie than any other option we have at QB all together.

We're talking about a guy who has accomplished what he has accomplished in this league, and our only two losses on the season are against teams who have collectively lost 1 game this season.

This is Aaron bleeping Rodgers. Again... Aaron. Rodgers. Not Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I don't care how bad he's struggling. You do not bench that man. He's 32. He's not washed up. He's struggling. The man is struggling to live up to HIS standards. The level he is playing at right now is better than what we would get elsewhere on their BEST day.

You give him the time he needs to figure this out. He's earned that benefit of the doubt given his history, accomplishments, and resume. Anyone who claims otherwise is either ill-informed or panicking. And I find absolutely no reason to panic just because our two losses are against teams that are a collective 10-1 on the season.

There's no plausible argument for benching Rodgers. None.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Rodgers still has more pure talent in his pinkie than any other option we have at QB all together.

We're talking about a guy who has accomplished what he has accomplished in this league, and our only two losses on the season are against teams who have collectively lost 1 game this season.

I don't care how bad he's struggling. You do not bench that man. He's 32. He's not washed up. He's struggling. The man is struggling to live up to HIS standards. The level he is playing at right now is better than what we would get elsewhere on their BEST day.

You give him the time he needs to figure this out. He's earned that benefit of the doubt given his history, accomplishments, and resume. Anyone who claims otherwise is either ill-informed or panicking. And I find absolutely no reason to panic just because our two losses are against teams that are a collective 10-1 on the season.

I wouldn't do a complete game benching. I might try benching him for a quarter, to send a message to him and to the rest of the team. But I was never an NFL coach and wouldn't presume to be.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I wouldn't do a complete game benching. I might try benching him for a quarter, to send a message to him and to the rest of the team. But I was never an NFL coach and wouldn't presume to be.
What would your reason be behind that though? Do you think he is taking his spot for granted? Half you know what-ing it? Got too much of a too cool for skool approach? Because I don't see it that way. I just see a guy who is off. Benching him solves nothing.

You'll really be upset if that happens and he says that he wants out. And in that situation I wouldn't blame him. As much as he has done and accomplished with this franchise.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
IMO, if Rodgers is benched, it has to come from....Rodgers himself. Right now, it seems like the last thing that AR needs on his plate is the feel of being spanked, scolded and shamed, which is what I think a benching would be, especially in his case. But if there is truly something wrong with him, be it physical (I doubt) or just mental and he needs to step away, so be it. But he is who he is and has given this organization more then most, I think he deserves more respect than a benching. I also hope that he is man enough to take that action upon himself, if it truly will help him.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....calm down there Tiger !!!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What would your reason be behind that though? Do you think he is taking his spot for granted? Half you know what-ing it? Got too much of a too cool for skool approach? Because I don't see it that way. I just see a guy who is off. Benching him solves nothing.

You'll really be upset if that happens and he says that he wants out. And in that situation I wouldn't blame him. As much as he has done and accomplished with this franchise.

I do think from his expressions that he isn't happy, but from his on field gestures etc, he seems frustrated with the receivers. I'm not sure where his head is right now. But he needs to understand that his accuracy has taken a nosedive and he needs to step up and take complete accountability. Some times those receivers have been there and his throws haven't. I do know a little about leadership and we all have blind spots. Sometimes a leader needs a shock to help him recognize his blind spots. But the coach would know best. If he is already actually down on himself, a benching probably wouldn't help. But if he is deflecting to the coaches like he is on the field, then a short time on the pine pony might be a good cure.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers recognizes his part in this equation. I don't think Benching him solves anything at this point. He's been off. He hasn't been terrible, though his numbers say that, but overall, nobody is really helping him out either. This team needs to start picking each other up. Make a play for someone. Help a brutha out man. Sure he missed a wide open Cobb, and RR dropped a perfectly thrown pass. It's always something or someone. A few guys start making plays and watch everyone's perception change.

Though I must admit, this waiting for it to happen as a fan isn't as fun as if it were clicking right now.

MajikMan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think all the people that want #12 benched are the same people that want MM fired because Janis isn't on the field enough!

I

So apparently Rodgers wasn`t to blame for any of this, it was Jordy all along ? And he would have got away with it but for you pesky kids !!!

I

To answer your question politely, YES he is taking his spot for granted IMHO. Being a bit harsh here but I wish I was paid as well as he is for doing MY job. As Alice Cooper once said "Sure we have problems, we all have problems, and frankly I don`t care !". I`m sure I`m going to get slaughtered here but I`ll cope. Please stop making excuses for him, PLEASE. There may well be some problem between him and MM, but there are problems between me and my boss and I just suck it up. I get paid to do a job and I do it. NOW I`m reading it`s down to Jordy Nelson for not getting separation ??? ffs !!

I`m glad we won tonight as much as anybody, but for pity sake people need to stop giving him a hall pass for not putting on his game head once a week and doing what he gets paid (very well I stress again !) to do.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
This has been brought up before ... only back then most ppl thought it to be nonsense ...

Look a few week back ... Luck was interviewed about the Colts start and said he needed to throw the Ball better ... Luck didn't throw his offensive Line nor his receivers "under the bus" even though Luck probably ought to ... However you just dont see that kind of leadership with Rodgers, and that trickles Down ....

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
To answer your question politely, YES he is taking his spot for granted IMHO. Being a bit harsh here but I wish I was paid as well as he is for doing MY job. As Alice Cooper once said "Sure we have problems, we all have problems, and frankly I don`t care !". I`m sure I`m going to get slaughtered here but I`ll cope. Please stop making excuses for him, PLEASE. There may well be some problem between him and MM, but there are problems between me and my boss and I just suck it up. I get paid to do a job and I do it. NOW I`m reading it`s down to Jordy Nelson for not getting separation ??? ffs !!

I`m glad we won tonight as much as anybody, but for pity sake people need to stop giving him a hall pass for not putting on his game head once a week and doing what he gets paid (very well I stress again !) to do.
I'm not giving Rodgers a pass. He needs to play better. But I strenuously disagree with any notion that he should be bench for one game, one quarter, heck even one play. It doesn't make sense and would be completely counter productive.

All quarterbacks have a point in time in their careers when they just aren't quite on their game. Rodgers' issues have lasted for quite a while now (a season's worth of games). We'll see if he continues improved play such from last night.

Again, not giving him a pass. Don't want anyone to misinterpret or misrepresent my position. My position is that, I know he is struggling, partly for factors that he can control, which I have acknowledged on many occasions, and partly from other varying factors (guys getting open, play calling, inconsistent running game, etc). Those aren't excuses, those validated observations that we have all had from time to time regarding this offense.

But the difference with me is that I feel as though he would be better off playing through it. Benching him doesn't solve anything. At all.

I

I'm not giving Rodgers a pass. He needs to play better. But I strenuously disagree with any notion that he should be bench for one game, one quarter, heck even one play. It doesn't make sense and would be completely counter productive.

All quarterbacks have a point in time in their careers when they just aren't quite on their game. Rodgers' issues have lasted for quite a while now (a season's worth of games). We'll see if he continues improved play such from last night.

Again, not giving him a pass. Don't want anyone to misinterpret or misrepresent my position. My position is that, I know he is struggling, partly for factors that he can control, which I have acknowledged on many occasions, and partly from other varying factors (guys getting open, play calling, inconsistent running game, etc). Those aren't excuses, those validated observations that we have all had from time to time regarding this offense.

But the difference with me is that I feel as though he would be better off playing through it. Benching him doesn't solve anything. At all.

My apologies, I didn`t mean YOU personally, my bad, I phrased it badly. I get that he is the face of the franchise but....
I can only use my knowledge of European sports, but as I said before, he needs to get his head from up his *** and do his job properly. I`m going to say this not to get any shocked reaction, but here goes.......I was widowed 14yrs ago. My emotions were so screwed up I couldn`t tell my *** from my elbow, but basically after a few weeks off, I was expected to get my head together and return to work, and do what I was paid to do. As I said, I`m not saying it for sympathy, I`m saying it as a fact. Whatever is upsetting AR, he needs to do what he is paid to do. It`s his job.
I respect your opinion, we just see things differently is all.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He is directly responsible for poor throws that miss his receivers. But last night the announcers kept talking about how the receivers aren't getting separation. Then there was a tweet from Finley? He tweeted that the guys needed to get open. So it looks like there is enough blame to go around.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
He is directly responsible for poor throws that miss his receivers. But last night the announcers kept talking about how the receivers aren't getting separation. Then there was a tweet from Finley? He tweeted that the guys needed to get open. So it looks like there is enough blame to go around.
Certainly agree, but it's far more frequent that guys aren't getting open than Rodgers missing throws.

D

Deleted member 6794

I haven't seen a single poster giving Rodgers a free pass as there's no doubt he has been struggling for most of the last 18 games. The coaching staff has changed the system over the last two games though mostly relying on short passes resulting in Rodgers completing 71.4% of his passes, hopefully giving him much needed confidence.

It was pretty obvious during the first half vs. the Bears that receivers still have a tough time getting open on intermediate and deep routes. I'm hoping the coaching staff finally realizes it will need to include more combination routes to help them get open downfield, making it easier for Rodgers to complete longer passes as well.

Rodgers has to take the blame for missing receivers once they were able to separate from defenders as well as fumbling the ball way too often.

There shouldn't be any doubt that #12 gives the Packers the best chance to win and benching him isn't an option at all.

I

I haven't seen a single poster giving Rodgers a free pass as there's no doubt he has been struggling for most of the last 18 games. The coaching staff has changed the system over the last two games though mostly relying on short passes resulting in Rodgers completing 71.4% of his passes, hopefully giving him much needed confidence.

It was pretty obvious during the first half vs. the Bears that receivers still have a tough time getting open on intermediate and deep routes. I'm hoping the coaching staff finally realizes it will need to include more combination routes to help them get open downfield, making it easier for Rodgers to complete longer passes as well.

Rodgers has to take the blame for missing receivers once they were able to separate from defenders as well as fumbling the ball way too often.

There shouldn't be any doubt that #12 gives the Packers the best chance to win and benching him isn't an option at all.

And I still stand by my opinion. I`m a fan of the Green Bay Packers Capt. I don`t want success in the future, I want it now, and I`m sick of hearing or reading there must be something wrong with AR head. I say to him "Get a grip and do what you are paid to do !"

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

And I still stand by my opinion. I`m a fan of the Green Bay Packers Capt. I don`t want success in the future, I want it now, and I`m sick of hearing or reading there must be something wrong with AR head. I say to him "Get a grip and do what you are paid to do !"

In my opinion completing close to 70% of his passes throwing for more than 300 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions is a step in the right direction. He has to stop fumbling the ball though.

I

In my opinion completing close to 70% of his passes throwing for more than 300 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions is a step in the right direction. He has to stop fumbling the ball though.

Hopefully you know I respect your opinion, and maybe I have a very simplistic view because statistics are not what makes me love this sport. I just know how great I feel when we win, and how crap I feel when we get our ***** kicked.

I

I understand, that approach should make you feel pretty good about Thursday's game.

It does, the only fly in my ointment at the moment is I still worry when we meet a decent team.....lol. Yes, I`m just a miserable SOB at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts