Official WFT studs n duds

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the did pretty much let the guy walk right past them in the middle, I don't know who was responsible, but Crosby practically kicked it in their gut anyway. The blocking and the kick were equally poor.
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Crosby, but that kick looked really low.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers introduced their new, history-inspired third uniform: the 50s Classic Uniform. The new uniforms will debut at Lambeau Field on Oct. 24 against Washington.
The 50s Classic Uniform is inspired by the team's uniforms from 1950-1953, which was the second time the team wore green and gold in its history. The Packers first wore green in the mid-to-late 1930s.
"History-inspired" They're not really all that close to those uniforms. The overall design is very different.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What we wore today are very similar to what the team wore in the early 1950's. Scroll down:

I just didn't really think they looked all that much like those uniforms though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just didn't really think they looked all that much like those uniforms though.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You talking about the same 1950s Packers everyone else is?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, those. Different shade of green, long vs short sleeves. To me they don't look all that similar.

LOL Sorry that's funny to me, slightly different shade of green based on an image that clearly couldn't even capture the actual shade back then and then short vs long sleeve despite same color under/over. I respect you think that way but I find it funny you don't see the similarity

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Sorry that's funny to me, slightly different shade of green based on an image that clearly couldn't even capture the actual shade back then and then short vs long sleeve despite same color under/over. I respect you think that way but I find it funny you don't see the similarity
I suppose you could also say they're similar to Oregon's uniforms.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, those. Different shade of green, long vs short sleeves. To me they don't look all that similar.
There are definite similarities. But they aren't supposed to be identical, and GB isn't claiming that they are. Hence the term "history inspired". You could see how they took those 50s uniforms (that they didn't wear very long at all, if I understand correctly) as a starting point for the design.

Funny thing, out of the whole history of Packers uniforms, that particular one has always stuck in my mind. When they came out with the white color rush uniforms, I was wondering why they didn't do something like those all green ones?

The other uniform sticks in my head was Ron Wolf's Notre Dame-ish gold and green design that never saw the field. I'm glad they didn't change from the classic design, but I don't think those are bad at all, and I wouldn't mind seeing them as an alternate someday.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are definite similarities. But they aren't supposed to be identical, and GB isn't claiming that they are. Hence the term "history inspired". You could see how they took those 50s uniforms (that they didn't wear very long at all, if I understand correctly) as a starting point for the design.

Funny thing, out of the whole history of Packers uniforms, that particular one has always stuck in my mind. When they came out with the white color rush uniforms, I was wondering why they didn't do something like those all green ones?

The other uniform sticks in my head was Ron Wolf's Notre Dame-ish gold and green design that never saw the field. I'm glad they didn't change from the classic design, but I don't think those are bad at all, and I wouldn't mind seeing them as an alternate someday.

I think it would be an awesome way to pay tribute to Ron Wolf. Even though I didn't particularly like them I would support it for that reason.

Side note not involving the Packers. I seem to recall back in 1998 when the Falcons were in the Super Bowl Jamall Anderson came up with a new helmet design. It obviously was never used but if I remember correctly they showed it on TV during the 752 hours of pre SB hype. I've never been able to find it and again if I remember correctly it was pretty darn cool.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the term I was looking for. They looked to me just to be one of those color rush uniforms in green.

Members online

Latest posts