Official WFT studs n duds

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
comments: I think they should go back to playing Nijman at L tackle if Baktiari isn't back. I don't think it hurts us offensively to give Nijman help.
Do that and you won't have Lewis / Tonyan / Lazard as studs as they'll be the help given to Nijman

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that you mention it? No
fumbling the ball while running the ball up the middle? When had that worked through 3.5 quarters? NOT

Then they get the ball back. Hill up the middle. He had 3 Runs for 2 yards?
LTF the point is that.. Just 2 first Downs puts that game away. It’s as good as a 5 TD’s. Just 2 FD and you can go to the locker room. Maybe 20-25 yards tips? game over
We let our opponent hang around all afternoon. You can run once. But throw a couple passes and convert and do what worked all afternoon. Put the damn game away. We won, but much to the help of Washington own mistakes.
Thanks to our Defense and a mediocre to underperforming What the Football team? We tripped Across the finish line. Try that little stunt with Tampa or Arizona. I promise you Murray will not fall at the 1 foot line.
with a 3 score lead i’m fine with the running the clock and not passing in that situation.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Bobby Tonyan - he's back! Nice to see him get some targets. Had a nice game overall.

Bojorquez - the punt from the end line of the end zone was a rocket.

Allan Lazard - he had a good match up day and came through

Adams - an absolutely sick catch in the 2nd half.

Rashan Gary - Nice pressure and pursuit today.

Devondre Campbell - again had nice reads and is solid in the middle.

Duds:

Mason Crosby - this is becoming a little concerning, almost kicked the ball into our own lineman's helmet on a chip shot.

Jaylon Smith - this overrunning of the pocket on the rush reminds me of Clay.

The NFL - two things - sorry to say but the fumble recovery the qb advanced the ball across the goal line and was not down. The whistle happy officials saying player progress has been stopped is becoming troublesome.

Runyon - I think he was the main reason they abandoned the run. Seemed confused a lot on his assignments and running left was not an option.

AJ Dillon - two fumbles? Every team in the league is now going to try and strip the ball when he carries it.

"Throwback" Uniforms - put em back in the vault. Putrid!!

Another ugly sloppy game but got the W. Now the gauntlet schedule begins. Be ready and hope/pray Bakhtiari, Alexander, and Meyers get healthy enough to make an impact. The next game up could get ugly with the Oline confusion that exists due to our guards not recognizing twists and staying with their assignments. Hate to say it but the red zone D got lucky with a drop and a fumble that shouldve both been TD's. The game was as odd as the god awful uniforms worn. 6-1 is still a heck of a start.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
They wore something similar. I actually thought they looked pretty good.
I'm not a fan of all the ways that the NFL tries to suck more money out of fans, but I did actually like these uniforms. Packers should keep these around and wear them for road games where the host team is wearing "white".

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those weren't throwback uniforms. They were alternates. At no time did they ever have uniforms that looked like that.
What we wore today are very similar to what the team wore in the early 1950's. Scroll down:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
What we wore today are very similar to what the team wore in the early 1950's. Scroll down:

Ugly. Made us look like a SWAC or MEAC team. Very high schoolish.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I thought this was a good add on for a Halloween game.

Attachments

• ruttgers_jackolantern.jpg
    ruttgers_jackolantern.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 78
Reaction score
AJ Dillon - two fumbles? Every team in the league is now going to try and strip the ball when he carries it.
Idk about that, kinda a slight over reach there.
Him and Aaron Jones have had more recent multiple uncharacteristic fumbles. Both those guys tend to be better than average at taking care of the ball. Dillon had carried or caught the ball 106 times over 2 seasons without a fumble until today. He’s probably harder on himself than you or I could ever be.

That said they definitely need to address those plays either way. Just like they did with Jones’ multiple fumbles in weeks 3-4

The only thing that’ll happen if they try to strip the ball is he’ll truck over them and rumble another 20 yards downfield, then carry someone another 7 yards past that. Let them try :tup:

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Super Stud: Uniforms!

Studs: ARod, Lazard, Rashan Gary, DVondre Campbell, Bojo, Red Zone D,

Duds: Dillon

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Struggling to understand folks saying this was Lowrys first time doing anything good. He has put three straight games stacking on each - this continues he could argue is worth his pay. Not there yet for me but let’s talk in a few weeks if this continues.

I will say the defense as a unit stayed strong and played well - very diverse group delivering plays throughout. Black did come down to earth this week, but still.

Dillons drops do worry me but I also am not too terribly concerned moving forward.

Loved the diversity in who got passes - I’ve said often our options are strong - not elite but strong.

Solid win with some rough edges. Grind those out and get prepared and hopefully healthier for Cardinals. Massive game!!!!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lowry - some get stuck on old narratives. Facts be damned. Same thing happens with Scantling. Lot of posters still thinks he has crappy hands and never catches balls on short routes. In love with their old out of date narratives.

Reaction score
Struggling to understand folks saying this was Lowrys first time doing anything good. He has put three straight games stacking on each - this continues he could argue is worth his pay. Not there yet for me but let’s talk in a few weeks if this continues.
Lowry has been having an ok season, but nothing exceptional. He got his 1st sack today (.5 on Fields last week) for 1.5 in
7 games. He’s not Mr. Dynamic type DL, but he’s is Mr. reliable. My opinion thus far in 2021 is that He’s earning his keep. (6.75mil but certainly nothing more).

On a bright note, this was his best game this season.
Loved the diversity in who got passes - I’ve said often our options are strong - not elite but strong.

Solid win with some rough edges. Grind those out and get prepared and hopefully healthier for Cardinals. Massive game!!!!
Yeah that was special. We’re starting to see some spreading of passes. We saw some glimpses of athleticism from EQ recently and Lazard showed he’s a reliable #3 type. Then Marcedes and Tonyan have to be accounted for or they’re just good enough to burn you for a 25 yarder.

I really feel that possibly getting Bakhtiari and Meyers back in a few weeks along with possibly MVS will make us more dynamic. We’re getting too many free runs at Aaron, you rarely see that on the great teams like Tampa Bay etc..

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lowry has been having an ok season, but nothing exceptional. He got his 1st sack today (.5 on Fields last week) for 1.5 in
7 games. He’s not Mr. Dynamic type DL, but he’s is Mr. reliable. My opinion thus far in 2021 is that He’s earning his keep. (6.75mil but certainly nothing more).

On a bright note, this was his best game this season.

Yeah that was special. We’re starting to see some spreading of passes. We saw some glimpses of athleticism from EQ recently and Lazard showed he’s a reliable #3 type. Then Marcedes and Tonyan have to be accounted for or they’re just good enough to burn you for a 25 yarder.

I really feel that possibly getting Bakhtiari and Meyers back in a few weeks along with possibly MVS will make us more dynamic. We’re getting too many free runs at Aaron, you rarely see that on the great teams like Tampa Bay etc..
I don't know how PFF or Packers coaches graded Lowry, but my impression he was even better against the Bears than he was today.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how PFF or Packers coaches graded Lowry, but my impression he was even better against the Bears than he was today.

I’d 100% agree. He like I said has stacked three straight games ive been incredibly happy with.

I’m also of the crowd that believe Preston is or was having one of his best all around years wearing a G.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way in the world the Packer red zone D is a stud. If the wsh qb stays upright for 4.5 more inches it is another TD added to the stats.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of all the ways that the NFL tries to suck more money out of fans, but I did actually like these uniforms. Packers should keep these around and wear them for road games where the host team is wearing "white".
I'd be fine with making them a regular thing like that if they maybe gave them a few tweaks. For instance, at least use the "real" helmet.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes no consequence but the time out he calls is when the clock is winding down, and it’s just me but he could get the play off without a TO, this was at times a little sloppy and could have went south

It might seem like Rodgers burns a timeout on occasion but it could very well be possible that he doesn't like the look the offense is in against a specific defensive alignment. I prefer him to take the timeout instead of possibly risking a bad play.

The turf monster on Heinicke's run stopping him short of the goal line should be considered a stud as well.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It might seem like Rodgers burns a timeout on occasion but it could very well be possible that he doesn't like the look the offense is in against a specific defensive alignment. I prefer him to take the timeout instead of possibly risking a bad play.

The turf monster on Heinicke's run stopping him short of the goal line should be considered a stud as well.
I'm okay with that in the first half. But in the 2nd half against a great team, it's problematic. It's not a rare occurrence either. Just about every game he blows an early 2nd half timeout.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The NFL - two things - sorry to say but the fumble recovery the qb advanced the ball across the goal line and was not down. The whistle happy officials saying player progress has been stopped is becoming troublesome.
I would argue more about the first call even though that is the rule. Him diving into the endzone didn't look like he was giving himself up. When he tried to advance the ball over the line the defense won the battle in the trenches. Odd because that might have been the first time they did in the redzone all year. The QB gathered the ball and was stopped. Once stopped he then reached the ball over the line. I think the WFT did get kind of cheated on that drive, but his momentum was definitely stopped.
Another ugly sloppy game but got the W. Now the gauntlet schedule begins. Be ready and hope/pray Bakhtiari, Alexander, and Meyers get healthy enough to make an impact. The next game up could get ugly with the Oline confusion that exists due to our guards not recognizing twists and staying with their assignments. Hate to say it but the red zone D got lucky with a drop and a fumble that shouldve both been TD's. The game was as odd as the god awful uniforms worn. 6-1 is still a heck of a start.
I would agree the redzone defense got lucky yesterday. I like the 6-1 start as well. The Cards are tough for sure, but the next three games is not a gauntlet. The Chiefs and the Seahawks are just bad. Two of the worst defenses in the league. There will be points to be had in those games. Of the next six games I think there are three tough teams to play. The Cards, Rams and vikings. The Chiefs, Seahawks and Bears are just bad teams. I'm not saying they are lay down opponents, I just think the Packers are better.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Studs:
Defense as a whole getting 4 Redzone stops!
I think if you're going to call the defense a stud you have to say it like this. Studs: The WFT for stopping themselves in the redzone.
Duds:
our RB group looked pitiful overall.
The WFT's strength is their defensive line. I don't think we were going to have much success and that's why we passed so much. I agree though. Overall a dud performance in the run game.
FG unit again
Every time they come out with that special teams unit I get nervous. The adventure of the kicking game.

Members online

Latest posts