OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...cember-6/2e8bc358-31bb-4acf-8ce7-c97c9f260af1

• The price per share will be $250, and there will be a handling charge.
  • The offering will be limited to persons in the United States, as well as Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. ****** Islands.
  • Until regulators in the states of New Hampshire and Virginia allow the offering to proceed in those states, residents of those states will not be able to purchase shares.
  • Shares will be able to be purchased online with credit or debit cards, and also via mail.
  • Only individuals (including spouses as joint tenants) will be able to purchase shares.
  • The Packers will initially offer 250,000 shares.
  • No one may buy more than 200 shares (counting any shares that the person purchased in the 1997-1998 offering).
  • The offering will continue until Feb. 29, 2012, subject to extension.
In contemplation of the offering, interested fans should note:
  • Stock in the Packers does not constitute an investment in “stock” in the common sense of the term.
  • The Packers will have no obligation to repay the amount a buyer pays to purchase Packers stock.
  • Anyone considering the purchase of Packers stock should not purchase the stock to make a profit or to receive a dividend or tax deduction or any other economic benefits.
  • Any offering of Packers stock will only be made through an offering document.
  • The Packers believe offerees and purchasers of Packers stock will not receive the protection of securities laws with respect to any offering or sale of Packers stock.
  • The Packers bylaws and NFL rules severely restrict transfers of Packers stock.

Hope this finally answers questions

CaptnRobb82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well according to Packers.com, they said that there are only around 225,000 shares for sale. You don't think there are 225,000 people who want to get their hands on one??

OP
OP
M

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the line "initially offer 250,000 shares" is interesting, which I take as a flexibility for expansion. If they also set the deadline as the end of Feb, with the possibility of an extension, they must not believe they're going to sell out by 8:05. I'm pretty sure they will be able to meet demand for the initial wave of fanatics.(like me)

esponda1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about us international fans? Does anyone know how it works? Do I "only" need an address in the US? What other info can they ask me to provide to prove I'm in the US? Is it "only for people "IN" the US, or is it only for American citizens?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am scared about that credit card line, maybe the payment method will have to match the address you use...If that is the case it will be much harder for us international fans to get our hands on them.

OP
OP
M

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do either of you international fans have immediate relatives in the US? If so, I believe that One is able to transfer shares to immediate relatives, so you could have them buy the stock and then transfer the shares into your name, as long as it is an immediate relative. I'm sure you can probably call the Packers on Tuesday and they will be able to help you.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am scared about that credit card line, maybe the payment method will have to match the address you use...If that is the case it will be much harder for us international fans to get our hands on them.
Do you have any family or friends in the States who would buy one in your name "as a Christmas gift" and then mail it (if you reimburse them?) You would likely have to be listed at their US address, and the stock certificate will be mailed to their address, but they can then send it to you. Would this be legal? Considering the relatively valueless nature of this stock, I can't imagine it would be a problem. Any legal eagles out there who can evaluate this scenario?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt they would be able to tell who lives in the household, that isn't the problem in my mind. And if that is the case then I cannot get one either way because it wouldn't be in my name. I am going to use their address and my name/card and see if that works, if not, I will try sending them the money so they can use my name and mail it out from their address. If that doesn't work, well, I will be one sad Packer fan.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Tickets go on sale at 8:05 AM CST time, does that mean they go on sale in Arizona at 7:05 AM? With all this day lights savings thing and Arizona not having one, it always confuses me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So the Tickets go on sale at 8:05 AM CST time, does that mean they go on sale in Arizona at 7:05 AM? With all this day lights savings thing and Arizona not having one, it always confuses me.

Dec. 6 at 8 a.m. CST....Put it this way...Packer game this week is 315 pm CST..So what time is that for you??

But it shouldnt matter...You could buy later in the day and will be fine

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if it's called the "noon game" nationwide or if that's just a midwest thing.

Edit: ha, didn't realize you had edited your post which said noon game before.

Yeah...After I did that I realized that be easier for them to tell by this Sundays game

Members online

Latest posts