1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by maccadon3000, Aug 25, 2011.

1. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +965
    If you did you were probably using AOL and Mozilla on a 386 with a dial up modem.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    cooking an entire dinner waiting for it to connect!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Packer fan forever

Packer fan forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +36
    Yes, it is transferable to you: From Article VI of the By-Laws, in case you haven't found it:
    "A holder of shares of Common Stock that is a natural person may only transfer such shares of Common Stock to a member of the holder's "immediate family" by gift or in the event of death of the holder. The term "immediate family" means the spouse, child, mother, father, brothers and sisters, or any lineal descendant of a stockholder."

4. Steve Hanks

Steve Hanks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When this happens, HOW will I be able to buy? Do I go to packers.com and buy there? Do I need to buy them through E-Trade or some other stock broker company? Just looking for HOW. I can watch the news for when this will go down...

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Pretty sure how to buy isnt made public yet, or is the price, or is the limit

6. Packer fan forever

Packer fan forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +36
    As I recall, those who attended the Shareholders' meeting this year were allowed free admission to the HOF - but it was crazy crowded. I bought a ticket and went the next day.

7. esponda1

esponda1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
  8. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +305
    Packers are going to be releasing information towards the end of November. (based on their pre-recorded message) So the stock sale is either at the VERY end of November or we are looking at the first week of December.

I guess its time I start hounding them with a few phone calls and throwing this site around to see if I can get some additional info's.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Lean on 'em, Robdog. You're the best!!!

10. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +698
  11. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    I have some family in the States that maybe I could use, but needing a US address is ridiculous. There are Packer fans all over the world that should be able to buy the stock.

12. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Maybe you have to question the Canadian regulatory Agencies in both Federal and Province concerning their rules of selling stock in the Green Bay Packers, Inc, a publically owned non profit Corporation from the United States.

The Packers not only had to get NFL approval for selling Stock in The Green Bay Packers , Inc but also the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
    There also was article in Green Bay Press-Gazette that State of Utah has to give the Green Bay Packers, Inc, their approval to sell Packer stock in that State.

The US Securities and Exchange Commission has still not given the Green Bay Packers, Inc . permisssion to start selling Packer Stock in U.S. Apparently the U.S. Commission needs more paperwork from the Packers in 2011, then was needed in 1997-1998. That was the last time Packers had a stock sale.

According to Green Bay Press-Gazette, Packers sold Packer stock to over 112,000 Packer stockhoders in all 50 States and 2 U.S. Territories. Nothing was said about Packers selling stock in any other Country besides the U.S in 1997-1998.

13. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    It is a regulatory thing. You cannot buy stock outside of the US because it would not be permitted by the laws of most foreign countrys. Just as there are rules in this country governing the sale of foreign stocks. One of the reasons it is taking so long to get this sale going is all the regulatory bodies the Packers have to get permission from. State and Fed.

Are you in the Military at an APO or FPO? if so that might fly. If you are a US citizen living abroad they might have exceptions for the address, but we will hopefully soon know. I hope it works out for you. I intend to buy a piece of stock in each one of my grand kids name. I could always slip your name in there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +698
    Unfortunately no APO, FPO or Military, I am just a german Packers Fan who would like to realize a little dream by owning a small piece of his beloved franchise.;)
    Well, I would like to write you a pm, O.k. for you ?

15. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    Sure.

16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,966
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/134591173.html

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Starting to have my doubts about being able to give this as an X-mas gift...

18. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I'm still going to get it for my dad for christmas. If the sale doesn't happen in time for Christmas, I'll just give him a temporary one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    Give him a kick and draw one up with crayon:D

20. CheeseHeadInCanada

CheeseHeadInCanada Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    so question, when I buy clothes or anything online I get them shipped to a Letter Carrier in the States that holds them for me.. do you think if I used the address for that it would be bokay?

21. eric

eric Hater gonna hate

Ratings:
    +22
    If possible I will buy some. Serious. It would be lulzy. I could tell my packers friends I own part of their team.

22. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,966
    I say call the Packers..If any of the links here dont provide an answer for you, Packers are your best answer...

23. gwh11

gwh11 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +89
  24. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Made sticky since this will be popular for a while

25. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings: