Official stud n duds KC

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense has to give up more garbage points than anyone. It seems like when we get a big lead on someone, that we start blitzing non stop (or more than usual) and this can lead to big plays for the offense. Its like we try to go for the KO blow on D with a 3+ TD lead in the second half and it backfires.

We need to just keep doing what we do for the WHOLE game on defense.

FINISH THE GAME!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If not for the offense burning up all of our Time out's for being a bit sloppy in an otherwise pretty cleanly played game, this defense would have given us a 3 possession win. Who can complain about that? Other than 2 plays in the first half, KC didn't get jack until the end also aided by some yellow hankies.

Though Ha Ha is still on my **** list. I do think his hit was clean, but he was called for the penalty for the exact reason he seems to completely whiff on 2-3 tackles per game (minus last night). When you curl yourself up and just throw a shoulder, you're more likely to get called. Keep you damn head up. Look at what you're hitting, and wrap up. Pretty sure he doesn't get called if he hits him like Randall did. Also pretty sure he won't be diving headfirst into thin air 3 times a game as the guy runs past him for a big play either.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Studs: Same as everyone else said.
Duds: Haha-- he commits to the big hit way too much rather than making a sure open field tackle. Also he's blocked me on twitter....so there are some hard feelings there. I still was rocking his jersey this morning though.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense to me to call HaHa a dud for making a good hit. That was just a bad call.

Well it wasn't a good hit, where was the wrap up, why wasn't his head up? Even if it resulted in a good stick it was still a bad play. I'm willing to overlook questionable technique when it works for you. I wouldn't fault Walter Payton for his freewheeling ball handling or Brett Favre for his old off angled backpedaling throws, or Aaron for that matter. But when you generally have a tackling problem I'm not going to overlook bad technique even when it does result in good contact. I like Haha but he needs to stop with the flop shoulder checks.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest dud in an otherwise outstanding performance was our misuse/waste of three perfectly good time-outs in the second half. It left us without the ability to challenge, and having a challenge would have been nice when the Chiefs picked up 16 yards on a fourth-and-seventeen and were awarded a first down anyway.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on now I love it when opposing players do that... as long as the Packers win on the field.

I agree. Everybody in the league wants to do a Lambeau leap.....and the only place you can do a real one is Lambeau, of course.

It's just their way of saying "Secretly, I wish I was a Packer"......:>)

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Everybody in the league wants to do a Lambeau leap.....and the only place you can do a real one is Lambeau, of course.

That but I especially love it when players try doing it to Packer fans. The leap and the rejection is great television.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." ~old proverb

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick note on Mike Daniels: He struggled through training camp with an ankle injury, for a player who relies on leverage technique and intensity he's a guy susceptible to rust. I'd say that last night was the first time we saw him close to 100% this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense to me to call HaHa a dud for making a good hit. That was just a bad call.
Sure it does, it's been a problem for him ever since he's been here and he misses as many as he makes and the ones he does make, he sometimes gets called for. If you can't learn and adapt and all you're going to be is as good as you as a rookie, you're not going to last long. For a guy that was supposed to be a playmaker, he's certainly missed his share of opportunities with the ball in the air the past 3-4 games.

That hit was good 10 years ago, it's not now, even if it is clean. You're going to get called, it happens all across the league every week. Adapt and move on, or continue to hurt the team

he's on my list until he plays well enough consistently enough to get off my list.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Duds:
Jamaal Charles - So you lose the game last week for your team...score 1 TD this week and do the Rodgers Discount Double check??? Discount Double Check yourself Jamaal...

When ARod was asked about the Charles' celebration in the end zone, he replied with, "I didn't see it, but State Farm appreciates it."

Classic!

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick note on Mike Daniels: He struggled through training camp with an ankle injury, for a player who relies on leverage technique and intensity he's a guy susceptible to rust. I'd say that last night was the first time we saw him close to 100% this season.

I rarely say this, but.....Pay the Man!

This guy is too good to let walk away. He brings the nasty, and this defense sorely needs it.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs
  • A. Rodgers: He is without peers.
  • C. Matthews: Does whatever is asked of him. And, does it well.
  • Daniels: Best game of his career.
  • Randall: I like what I am seeing. Has he already won the starting role? Maybe.
  • Cobb: Just keeps on trucking. Love the end around.
  • Starks: Blue collar work ethic.
  • Lacy: Gutting it out.
  • Ted Thompson: For finding unknown gems, like Elliott, J. Thomas, Banjo, Hyde, A. Harris, Linsley, Pennel, Palmer...

Duds
  • The clock. Currently, the 60 minute game is about one quarter too long for the Packers.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs

Aaron Rodgers is taking QB play to a new level. I think he is well on his way to another MVP. You can ad another 40 yards per week to his stats by penalties he causes. His understanding and awareness inthe heat of battle is uncanny.

Offensive line: handling Poe, Houston, and Hali is a tough assignment and they did it well.

Defensive line: -for a while there the LOS was relocating into the Chief backfield at jogging speed. As impressive as I have seen in some time.

James Jones, he looks faster and better than when he left 2 years ago

Berry: God bless him and I hope he stays cancer free. He should be doing light work and jogging after his chemo, but he is in shape and playing. Very inspirational.

Duds.
Packer leaders in defense. We need Clay or Daniels to chew some teammate butt late in the game when the defense noticeably starts easing up. Cant be out there laughing and joking. Keep your heads in the game!

Last edited:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rarely say this, but.....Pay the Man!

This guy is too good to let walk away. He brings the nasty, and this defense sorely needs it.

But the problem is, does his self assessed value match his actual value? We already overpay at the glamour positions of quarterback and 43DE/34OLB, WR, can the team afford to overpay at a blue collar position like 34 DE? Im curious where was the team with it's rumored offer and where was Mike Daniels with his demands? We might not be able to afford to keep him.

Morrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Thomas got ran over 2 times for TD's. I would've liked to see Jake Ryan in on goal line D instead.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
A couple questions regarding last night's studs; does anyone know if Cobb has some nice incentives in his contract? He really earned them last night. Also, did anyone else think the defense degenerated after Jones went out with an injury, or was I just imagining it?

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple questions regarding last night's studs; does anyone know if Cobb has some nice incentives in his contract? He really earned them last night. Also, did anyone else think the defense degenerated after Jones went out with an injury, or was I just imagining it?

The defense went to sleep for most of the second half !

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
A couple questions regarding last night's studs; does anyone know if Cobb has some nice incentives in his contract? He really earned them last night.
This is what rotoworld reports as the details of his contract:
3/7/2015: Signed a four-year, $40 million contract. The deal contains $17 million guaranteed, including a $13 million signing bonus. Cobb is eligible for annual $400,000 workout bonuses and an annual $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses throughout the contract's life. 2015: $1.2 million, 2016: $1.5 million (+ $3.5 million roster bonus due in March), 2017-2018: $8.6 million, 2019: Free Agent
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6497/randall-cobb

It doesn't look like there are any performance bonuses. Regarding Datone, I think that was just a coincidence, IMO he certainly wasn't anything like the best DL playing. Also, I really wanted to see Jake Ryan play more but he injured his hamstring.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game by all. Big fan of Tom Clements play-calling. He's creative and aggressive!

The only dud was Joe Thomas going head-to-head with Datone Jones on the Alex Smith slide.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts