Official Steelers thread

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
My guess is the answer to the 1st part of your question is Adams. The answer to the 2nd part is going to have to be everyone else.
I don't think Adams can help spread the field for Adams. I'm wondering if they bring up EQ and give him some deep routes due to his speed. Obviously, Lazard will have to play a bigger role.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't think Adams can help spread the field for Adams. I'm wondering if they bring up EQ and give him some deep routes due to his speed. Obviously, Lazard will have to play a bigger role.
I think if the Packers are dead set on having someone fill in for MVS in that role, EQ would be the obvious choice.

But there's ways of implementing an effective passing game without MVS. Just might not be able to do it exactly how you normally do it.

Reaction score
I’ve got a friend that isn’t a GB fan (his GF is a Packer fan) but he posed an interesting question to me earlier today. He asked why would Rodgers go and make a trade for Cobb and then they hardly see him? I kinda know the answer. However this might be his chance to shine.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like the Steelers so much anymore. Don't like rothlesberger. I have trouble with people who do something wrong and buy their way out of it. Just not right.

I'm glad to hear he looks bad out there. Hope they pull him at some point to humiliate him further.

Packers 38 Stellers 16

BB gets sacked 4 times
AR spreads the ball around more
Stokes gets his first pick
Savage and a front 7 player also get INTs
Campbell has a big game
From what I understand their OL stinks.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Steelers have beaten Buffalo and lost to raiders and Cincy. They have not had a pattycake schedule. How in the world did they beat Buffalo if they are so bad?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Steelers have beaten Buffalo and lost to raiders and Cincy. They have not had a pattycake schedule. How in the world did they beat Buffalo if they are so bad?
Don't be so surprised. Bad teams can beat good teams. It happens.

I'm not saying the Steelers are necessarily that bad just that one game, especially the first game, doesn't always mean as much as we might think. At least I hope it doesn't or we are doomed.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will see what ESB and Lazard can do. LeFleur can’t just make a game plan around Adams and expect to win.

Reaction score
Well we do know that using week 1 probably isn’t a good measurement :whistling:
We will see what ESB and Lazard can do. LeFleur can’t just make a game plan around Adams and expect to win.
The trio of Rodgers, Adams and Jones is the most formidable in the league. No team has a better trifecta (at least by any measurable margin). Any game plan MLF has should be using those players in high doses to be successful.
Whoever steps up in MVS absence doesn’t need to be a burner. Cobb has the most veteran player experience in general and imo he’s had enough time in this MLF system to elevate into a minimal, but starting role. I’d personally like to see us rely more heavily on veterans in these injury situations. Marcedes and Cobb are still plenty athletic to get a mix of chain moving plays.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard has run some long routes like New Orleans last season and Detroit the year before. He has the wing span but maybe not as much speed. Rodgers was spoiled in 2011. He had like 5 or 6 guys who could run some of those long routes.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard has run some long routes like New Orleans last season and Detroit the year before. He has the wing span but maybe not as much speed.
I’d personally like to see us rely more heavily on veterans in these injury situations. Marcedes and Cobb are still plenty athletic to get a mix of chain moving plays.
what has happened to bobby? last year he had 11 td receptions and 33 first downs.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I've seen the Steelers play this year, but got a chance to watch the whole Steelers/Bengals game. Big Ben is cooked, man. He made probably 3 decent throws in the entire game, maybe 1 really good one, yet he had several head scratchers.

Chase Claypool being out is huge. He targeted him 15 times against the Bengals.

Najee Harris is going to be the player to watch. Big Ben targeted him 19 (!) times for 14 receptions and 102 yards. It's clear that he's trying to work close to the line of scrimmage.

To Dantés analysis early in the thread, the Steelers don't go down the field much. Mostly because Big Ben has been awful on down field passing. Also, if a defender gets anywhere near him, he flails and delivers some truly awful passes.

One thing that really stood out to me was late in the game. The Steelers were down 14. Had the ball in the red zone. It was 4th and 10, and Roethlisberger dumps the ball off in the flat nearly immediately. No pressure. That speaks directly to how terrible he's been and is an indictment on where his game is at.

They do way more wide receiver screens than I can remember a team using in games. I suppose as an attempted substitute for a running game, along with limiting the downfield throws from Ben.

Any team can win on any given Sunday, but if the Packers play their best ball, I'm not sure there's anything the Steelers can do to win.

Packers 34
Steelers 13

Reaction score
The little I’ve seen this year of the Steelers. I’ve noticed Ben has the mobility of a Turtle, he looks old and like 15-20lbs over his playing weight (think Eddie Lacy). The key is putting pressure on Ben because he’s near zero threat running and he’s a Slice of INT Heaven to an above average Secondary. I predict we get at least 1 INT if Gary or Preston or Kenny have any success whatsoever.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what has happened to bobby? last year he had 11 td receptions and 33 first downs.
I think he is still quite a force and getting better. Did you see his blocking last week? Kittle will remember him for sure. And it is only 3 games. If the defense gives him up Rodgers will certainly look for him. But the great backs of Green Bay succeed when their Tight Ends put people on the ground.

Reaction score
I think he is still quite a force and getting better. Did you see his blocking last week? Kittle will remember him for sure. And it is only 3 games. If the defense gives him up Rodgers will certainly look for him. But the great backs of Green Bay succeed when their Tight Ends put people on the ground.
That a good point. Also Lazard having more snaps improves blocking. He’s basically a smaller Flex TE

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That a good point. Also Lazard having more snaps improves blocking. He’s basically a smaller Flex TE
We cannot emphasize how important the fundamentals of blocking are. Lombardi would be celebrating the great block more than the great run.

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess what was important is that the Steelers have given up fewer points. But after 3 games, that stat does not mean much. More importantly is that it sounds like the Steelers are getting their WOs back. Though they seem roughed up.

The Steelers get Diontae Johnson back for the game vs. the Packers but won't have Chase Claypool available. I don't consider that as an improvement.

To Dantés analysis early in the thread, the Steelers don't go down the field much. Mostly because Big Ben has been awful on down field passing.

Just for the record, the Steelers intended air yards per attempt is higher than the Niners' this season.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers will have a good plan today and execute it well. I see the Steelers struggles continuing especially on offense. Weather could be a factor.
I'm going Packers, 31-14.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoping roethlisberger stays on the field. rudolph or haskins coming in would make me more nervous than anything else i'd expect to see in this game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts