Official Seattle thread

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first thing the Seahawks should be doing is sending a huge bouquet of flowers and a humongous box of chocolates to the Buffalo Bills for giving them this championship game at their home. Without the Bills upsetting the Packers last month they would be going to Lambeau next Sunday.

Maybe Packers should have won the first game of season in Seattle if they did not want to go back. Seattle does not have to thank anyone.. they went 12-4 during the season despite missing some All-Pro/Pro Bowl talent for many games this year.... Mebane, Wagner, Unger.

Reaction score
Apparently this prediction thing drives some people crazy.. But I need some more crazy people who make me look normal so...
GB 26 Seattle 24

PackersRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our O will slaughter their overated Defense. Don't be fooled by their D. They played CHUMP teams that would get steamrolled by GB.

I really think GB is going to embarass Seattle AT Seattle with a huge blowout. Their D can't handle our O and our Defense rivals theirs so honestly this is a LOCK.

SUPERBOWL BOUND - GREENBAY PACKERS.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I live and work in downtown Seattle (and have been a Packers fan since I was a little kid in the early 70's). This week is going to be interesting. Of course, I will be wearing Green & Gold every day until Sunday. Looking forward to seeing other Cheeseheads here doing the same. There are actually quite a few of us out here.

I will be right there with ya buddy.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
While I wish we would blow them out I don't think we will. I would feel so much better if Rodgers's health improves at least a little over the week. I respect Seattle's D but I don't believe it is at the strength it was last year or even during week 1. I mean if you get away from all the hype and review there roster you can easily see there just not as strong up front. They have lost guys on the offensive side too. Unger and Maxwell will be two guys to watch during the week.

It will be interesting to how they will play us as they really stacked the box against Carolina. If they do that and our O-line gives Rodgers time I think we can have some success. A big key will be to not turn the ball over and if we accomplish that I feel we will at the very least have a chance to win it at the end.

What more can you ask for with Mr. Aaron Rodgers at the helm.

Last edited:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives since 1st game vs Seattle:
- Offensive line playing much better
- Lacy running ball better
- Seattle will be missing Mebane and potentially Unger (injured late)

Negatives since 1st game vs Seattle:
- Rodgers is far from 100%

Packers showed little to stop run in 2nd half today, I expect Seattle will be able to run with success next week. Seattle defense is still playing at elite level. But I am not expecting a Packers win, but I give them a chance. If Rodgers was mobile I would give Packers much better chance.

I would add too that Adams has emerged as being far superior to Boykin. So it's one extra guy they have to cover. Boykin was lined up on Sherman all week one, and didn't get anything going then, or the rest of the season for that matter. Seattle also led the league in penalties this year, so they've been sloppy in that sense. We need to play smart.

Another shocking Russel Wilson statistic here. In his career, including postseason, he is 9-0 against Rodgers, Peyton, Eli, Brady, and Brees. All Super Bowl winning quarterbacks. Yes, we really won that game against them in 2012 so it should be 8-1. But officially we lost it and it was only Wilson's third career start anyway. The stat would be impressive regardless.

Reaction score
We need the D to turn up one small notch. I feel like Bradshaw was right in saying "aaron doesn't need to practice. He knows the play book and he's done it enough times hes fine".
I don't discount the man with the most brass on his hand in NFL history
IF we play C grade ball.. Seattle 31 GB 23
If we show up with even minor improvement over this performance.
GB 26 Seattle 24
This game will define "the trenches"

Reaction score
here is the weather forcast for the game. go pack go

Sun Jan 18
Cloudy with sunny breaks
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

9°C

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All bets are off now. This will not be a blowout like W1 because we're playing much better football with a lot more on the line. If we do a decent job of protecting the football, we've got a shot. Panthers were in that game until the turnovers started happening in the second half.

We're definitely going to be road dogs but I don't think it's going to be much more than a FG. It's going to take a really complete game for us to beat Seattle, and even if we lose, there's no shame imo on the road to the defending champions, but here's to hoping we can pull the upset!

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting that loss in Seattle earlier this year might have been a blessing in disguise. They know what to expect and they know exactly what the noise will be like.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Getting that loss in Seattkr earlier this year might have been a blessing in disguise. They know what to expect and they know exactly what the noise will be like.

I believe it was a blessing. I mean Adams, Linsley, RR, Dix, all out there in there first game as a pro. The minute Bulaga got hurt and Sherrod came in that game was over. Oh yeah, Brad Jones had yet another "drive extender" holding call that game too.

Our guys aren't gonna go in there and be wowed that's for sure. We were there on there banner night and this place was crazy for that game.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No, this definitely won’t be an easy win. Their D is not overrated. They did not get lucky against the Packers in the opener, they beat the Packers soundly. Wilson is not a fluke. Lynch is a very good RB. The Packers O will not slaughter their D. IMO the kind of posting that alleges this stuff goes beyond being an optimistic fan.

I hate to post this but Rodgers’ calf won’t be better and he’s said as much – he said it’ll take a couple of months for it to heal. And he only has one week to get treatment. Rodgers' lack of mobility is very likely to be just as we saw it today.

I’d love to see a healthy Rodgers for this game but Seattle’s defense is much better than Dallas’ and the injury is likely to hurt the Packers more next Sunday. They have better players and they play faster and quicker than the Cowboys. They rush the passer better and they don’t have to worry about Rodgers’ usual mobility. I’d favor the Packers to win a close game with a healthy Rodgers in Lambeau Field. Of course the Packers have a chance to win, but this is going to be an uphill climb.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No, this definitely won’t be an easy win. Their D is not overrated. They did not get lucky against the Packers in the opener, they beat the Packers soundly. Wilson is not a fluke. Lynch is a very good RB. The Packers O will not slaughter their D. IMO the kind of posting that alleges this stuff goes beyond being an optimistic fan.

I hate to post this but Rodgers’ calf won’t be better and he’s said as much – he said it’ll take a couple of months for it to heal. And he only has one week to get treatment. Rodgers' lack of mobility is very likely to be just as we saw it today.

I’d love to see a healthy Rodgers for this game but Seattle’s defense is much better than Dallas’ and the injury is likely to hurt the Packers more next Sunday. They have better players and they play faster and quicker than the Cowboys. They rush the passer better and they don’t have to worry about Rodgers’ usual mobility. I’d favor the Packers to win a close game with a healthy Rodgers in Lambeau Field. Of course the Packers have a chance to win, but this is going to be an uphill climb.

I really believe that if Bak and Bulaga can contain there edge guys we should be somewhat okay with there pass rush. They really don't have anybody left in the middle that can rush the passer without bringing an extra guy. I mean Kevin Williams and Tony Mcdaniel aren't great pass rushers. They lost Mebane, Scruggs, and most recently Jordan Hill. I am trying to be objective here but I don't see an interior pass rusher on there roster left. Not like Detroit that's for sure.

Do you not think Bulaga and Bak can handle Averil and Bennett?

PackersRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pulease. Why are some of you guys look afraid. Seattle HAS NOTHING on us. We are going to the superbowl period and will beat them soundly. Their O-line is damaged. Wilson is going to be in trouble a lot. Lynch is old and will be useless. Their wide receivers are laughable and a joke. The only reedeming quality they have is their average but overated defense. Our D will smother their O-line all day long. Their so called Legion of Doom consists of CLOWNS that will be exposed by Rodgers. I can't wait for him to to throw to that clown Sherman and get 5 touchdowns over him.

GB - SUPERBOWL CHAMPS.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
2 "clown shows" down and 1 to go.

They better have there "clown show" ready for "New York Bozo"

Last edited:

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was obvious that Rodgers needed the first half to figure out how to play on 1 leg, but given how he performed in the 2nd half, I think the O will be alright next Sunday against the Seachickens. I just don't want to rely on our D to bail us out!

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I am expecting is for Seattle's defense to show arrogance they showed it against the panthers and they'll show it again. I bet there are many players in seattle that are already getting plans for a trip to Arizona and another super bowl, arrogance kills and hopefully it will kill their chances. When that clock strikes 00:00 next week lets hope Quest Field is so quite you can hear a pin drop.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It honestly depends which Rodgers shows up next week. The one that we saw in the 1st half today? We lose no question.

On the other side of the ball I comes down to Lynch as Wilson wont give up many opportunities to us as far as turnovers go.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like just yesterday I was making my prediction in week 1 vs Seattle. And here we are again for all of the marbles. We all know the obvious. Seattle has a great defense and an offense that can strike quickly. However, we also know that Seattle can lose games at home and that they are most definitely beatable. As a matter of fact, there were questions surrounding them in the middle of the season. While how you are playing now is the biggest factor, it is just a fact that these guys do struggle and can lose games.

I don't know about you all, but I like it when we play with a chip on our shoulder and Rodgers plays with something to prove, which is exactly what we have Sunday. With today's game, it appeared Rodgers spent the first half trying to figure out what he could and could not do on the bad calf. In the 2nd half, he played very, very well. I trust he figured out what he can do and I trust that is what we will see next Sunday. Add that with hungry players, a good gameplan and experience from week 1 (where the crowd was super hyped as it was week 1 and they were raising their SB banner), we are fully capable of beating Seattle. This team can make it to the Super Bowl.

Packers: 27
Seattle: 24

Reaction score
Seattle is Stealth and we cannot underestimate them...However, Although Aaron has lost mobility I believe 1 more week of healing and the confidence of moving around against Dallas will improve his game slightly.
during our 2nd half with Dallas we opened the playbook and the conservative play calling diminished
I believe we held back to protect AR and once with our back against the wall we got assertive on play calls. We need to go in assertive on Offense this time. This will be our toughest opponent remaining

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM needs to get a signature playoff win here - I'm talking the big time upset similar to Holmgren's upset of SF in 1995.

Members online

Latest posts