1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Seattle thread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jan 11, 2015.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    It will be!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,605
    BRING THEM ON!!!

3. PackersRules

PackersRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    IMO easy win for us guys. They will be underestimating us. Aaron Rodgers is gonna pick the D apart. Their D is overated playing weak *** QB's with weak offences.

They got lucky against us last time. This time around I expect a blowout. Our D is as good as their overated D and Wilson is a fluke. Lynch isn't running over us either.

GB 32
    Seachickens 7

GB TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +962
    One game at a time.

5. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +436
    This will be a tougher test than the Cowboys. We can't make some of the mental errors we made today. False starts(I think we had more than Dallas, Home Field Advantage?), stupid penalties, miscomunication on routes, and a couple fumbles, one of which we lost. That can't happen next week if we want to win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bradwillrockyou

bradwillrockyou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    I live and work in downtown Seattle (and have been a Packers fan since I was a little kid in the early 70's). This week is going to be interesting. Of course, I will be wearing Green & Gold every day until Sunday. Looking forward to seeing other Cheeseheads here doing the same. There are actually quite a few of us out here.

• Like Like x 2
  7. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    WE'RE GOING TO THE (nfc) 'SHIP!!!

Feels good, feels REALLY good, probably better than Aaron's calf. Lets hope he can keep it together for 2 more games.

• Like Like x 2
  8. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    If Rodgers has any improvement at all this week in his leg, we should be able to win. Carolina gave them all they could handle through 3.5 quarters. That game largely came down to one play and one bad pass by Newton. They'll have to play better than they did last week and we need Rodgers as healthy as possible.

9. DataJ3rk

DataJ3rk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Need to handle the rush. Didn't seem Mathews moved around as much in Seattle game

10. She's_a_shareholder

She's_a_shareholder Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I admit to being a bit nervous about next week. We made some stupid mistakes this week and frankly we were lucky on the Dez call. Hoping Rodgers can heal a little and get his head back in the game by Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  11. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    We need to straight up win in the trenches, don't let Wilson buy time and keep Rodgers clean

12. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +962
    The Packers D is not known for its speed up front. Wilson and every other running QB they face seem to give them fits. Keep him in the pocket and hope the coverage behind is adequate or rush him all-out and risk him running to daylight? Tough choice.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +937
    Going to be interesting to see how the Packers approach this game next week.

14. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    I think this is a game where Clay will be best used inside. I would spy him on Wilson and let Daniels, Peppers and Jones handle the bulk of the pass rush duties, with emphasis on containment. Force Wilson to beat us with his arm rather than his feet. If anyone can do that, it's Matthews.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +962
    And then there's Marshawn Lynch. The Packer D is not known for its tackling prowess, either. This will be a tough game but its hardly un-winnable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +937
    I thought Matthews was pretty much a non factor today; a lot of running around with not much to show for it. Peppers was big today. They'll need both next week.

17. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    Just going to watch and enjoy this one, past 3 seasons have been tough losses, finally getting a chance to play for the NFC championship is awesome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    They double-teamed him a lot and used a back for help most of the day. That freed up the other side a great deal. It's a damn if you do damned if you don't kind of thing. Either way. Matthews had an impact.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +937
    Good point about the 2x teams GoPGo, but he still missed some plays. Seems sometimes as if he needs to play under control a little more.

20. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    Shouldn't this be Official Seattle thread 2.0? :p

21. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +436
    Anyone who thinks we are going to blowout the Seahawks is delusional. Here is an amazing statistic.

Including the playoffs, Russell Wilson is 41-13 as starter. Of those thirteen loses, only one loss was by more than one possession. That would be against the Chargers earlier this year, when they lost by nine points. In all of those loses, they trailed by more than two possessions only once. And that was on the road against Atlanta in the playoffs when they fell behind 20-0. If we win, it's going to be a close and hard fought game. It won't be a runaway win.

• Agree Agree x 5
  22. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +937
    Absolutely. Even if we play at a very high level, it's gonna be close, and a brawl.

23. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514
    The first thing the Seahawks should be doing is sending a huge bouquet of flowers and a humongous box of chocolates to the Buffalo Bills for giving them this championship game at their home. Without the Bills upsetting the Packers last month they would be going to Lambeau next Sunday.

A little "thank you" note to Tampa Bay would be in order, as well, for injuring Aaron Rodgers' calf. Even in Seattle a full strength ARod would be a danger to them.

If they have any "lucky stars" they should be thanking them that Arizona ran out of quarterbacks and the Harbaugh show in San Francisco flamed out this season. These are the things that put them in their position today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514
  25. Hincha

Hincha Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    Positives since 1st game vs Seattle:
    - Offensive line playing much better
    - Lacy running ball better
    - Seattle will be missing Mebane and potentially Unger (injured late)

Negatives since 1st game vs Seattle:
    - Rodgers is far from 100%

Packers showed little to stop run in 2nd half today, I expect Seattle will be able to run with success next week. Seattle defense is still playing at elite level. But I am not expecting a Packers win, but I give them a chance. If Rodgers was mobile I would give Packers much better chance.