Official Seattle thread

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers played probably like 90% of himself in 2nd half..He decided to just play and try not to worry about leg..

1st half you knew he had issues

He wont be as effective as we would like, but our ol did an awesome job in 2nd half..

quick 3 steps drops will help.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Paid a quick looker's visit to the Seattle forum, and wow I've never realized how cocky their fan base is. One super bowl victory and suddenly they're invincible. Just about every thread is, "Green Bay is a terrible team, no chance they win. They will cry about the loss like it was their own fault and Seattle had nothing to do with it."

Someone even created a thread "welcoming Packer's fans" and then proceeding to instruct them to be civil, while the body of his post was discrediting any scenario Green Bay could muster to keep the game close. It's like the entire Seattle fan base is channeling their inner Richard Sherman. A lot of their posts also suggest we as Green Bay fans are incompetent and don't know anything about the Seattle team.

I compare that to our forum, and just about every post CREDITS what Seattle is certainly made of and their recent accomplishments. No doubt they are the favorites, but to act as if the game is already in the bag is down right disrespectful and unwarranted. I fully expect a close and hard fought game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Here's the Seahawks injury report:

• Carroll said C Max Unger “looks to be okay” after leaving the game in the final minutes with an ankle injury. Carroll said Unger initially worried that it was the same injury that had just held him out of the last six regular season games but it appears to be a different one and not as severe. Carroll said Unger felt better on Sunday.
  • Carroll said it’s still uncertain the status of CB Byron Maxwell for Sunday’s game against the Packers while dealing with an illness that caused him to have shortness of breath on Saturday. Carroll said Maxwell could play for a play but couldn’t play a sequence of plays due to not being able to catch his breath. So that’s why he was on some special teams plays — officially, he played four. Carroll said Maxwell has had pneumonia before, indicating this was something similar. “Hopefully we’ll get him back this week,” Carroll said.
  • Carroll said TB Marshawn Lynch “got sick in the second half” which was why he was out for a little while. He said there was no plan to rest Lynch or anything like that but that he got 14 carries was “just the way the game worked out.’
  • Carroll called the ACL injury to WR Paul Richardson “a heartbreaker” noting that he had had “such a great rookie season for us.” He said Richardson “is going to have a long haul to get right now. He’s been through it before, so that always helps. But still, it’s a heartbreaker."

PackersRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is how you beat the seachickens. First the packers can't allow themselves to be bullied by these steroid freaks. This happened in game 1 and look what happened. The Packers need to go there and have a "you ain't bullying me I am gonna bully you" attitude. Second, their players feed off on momentum. Take that away and they are as quiet as a mouse. Third, ignore the 12th man psychy. It's all hype and nothing more.

Keys to beating the Seachickens.
1. SIMONS <- Exploit him often. He is inconsistent and their weak ling. The Panthers game showed it.
2. Seattle's O-LINE <- Wobbled & Injured. They are WEAK in this department. We can pressure bigtime and make Wilson run all over the place like a headless chicken.
3. THROW deep ball at Sherman <-- Do this to scare the ****. Rodgers is elite & accurate enough to make this fool cry.
4. CONTROL THE TIME <- This is how the Chargers beat them. Throw short passes for 1st downs and make their D work hard to tire them out. By the 4th they will be easy pickings.
5. BE AGGRESSIVE <- Playing conservative DOES NOT WORK on the seachickens. We have to play like how the Colts play them. The colts in reality is a bad match up for the Seachickens. Watch their previous games.
6. SLOW DOWN LYNCH <- He is most effective after the 2nd half when the defense is tired but I believe our D can do it.
7. SPY WILSON <- This fool will run on you the moment there is opportunity. He needs to be contained.
8. PLAY DIRTY ON THE LOB <- LOB plays dirty so we should as well. Who cares if we get a flag or two. Show them we ain't backing down one bit.

I expect a GB Upset at the Clink. Seattle is gonna cry a river of tears and we will head to the superbowl.

GUARANTEED.
GB - 35
Seattle - 7

Sea_Hawker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Paid a quick looker's visit to the Seattle forum, and wow I've never realized how cocky their fan base is. One super bowl victory and suddenly they're invincible. Just about every thread is, "Green Bay is a terrible team, no chance they win. They will cry about the loss like it was their own fault and Seattle had nothing to do with it."

Someone even created a thread "welcoming Packer's fans" and then proceeding to instruct them to be civil, while the body of his post was discrediting any scenario Green Bay could muster to keep the game close. It's like the entire Seattle fan base is channeling their inner Richard Sherman. A lot of their posts also suggest we as Green Bay fans are incompetent and don't know anything about the Seattle team.

I compare that to our forum, and just about every post CREDITS what Seattle is certainly made of and their recent accomplishments. No doubt they are the favorites, but to act as if the game is already in the bag is down right disrespectful and unwarranted. I fully expect a close and hard fought game.

I hope you don't think we're all cocky. Any of us that actually watch football realize that this is going to be a tough game, no matter which side of the fence you're on. I thusly apologize for some of my fan base!

CaptainWIMM... thank you kindly for the update! Unger makes a huge difference in the O line. We have had a lot of issues in that department this year and an area I think GB could expose.

D

Deleted member 6794

CaptainWIMM... thank you kindly for the update! Unger makes a huge difference in the O line. We have had a lot of issues in that department this year and an area I think GB could expose.

I will closely follow Maxwell's status this week as I expect Rodgers and Nelson to be able to exploit Simon all night long if he has to play.

With that being said I hope Maxwell's illness is nothing serious.

Kramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few differences for this week. Wilson is no Romo as he is a lot like AR (when 100%) in that he buys extra time for he receivers with his feet so containment will be critical. Seattle pass rush even without Mebane is formidable and don't think they will do all they can to try to force AR out of the pocket to further strain that calf all game long. So short passes and a great running game could keep the Hawks off the field. It is going to be wet and loud.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Good post, red4tribe. I'd add that the Packers have to match the intensity of the Seahawks, particularly when the Packers are on defense. Of course I don't mean being foolishly aggressive, but they have to strike Lynch and Wilson and wrap them up. With that in mind, I'd like to see Hawk's snaps limited even more (even though I listed him as a stud yesterday for making one tackle).

If Sherman lines up in the same spot no matter who is opposite him, why not line up Kuhn across from him? That’s an extreme example but I think the mistake the Packers made in the opener was not throwing to that side of the field, as opposed to not throwing at Sherman. If Sherman is their best CB and you think Cobb matches up well with him, wouldn’t there be a more favorable matchup if Cobb were lined up in the backfield? IOW, I wouldn’t completely avoid Sherman but I sure as hell wouldn’t throw at him to make a point, either.

Sea_Hawker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah if Maxwell is out, I expect AR to throw that way a lot. But I'm guessing they'll scheme up safety help to that side, or with AR being not as mobile, a lot of different pressure packages.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah if Maxwell is out, I expect AR to throw that way a lot. But I'm guessing they'll scheme up safety help to that side, or with AR being not as mobile, a lot of different pressure packages.

The Seahawks didn't shift a safety to Simon's side vs. the Panthers. Not sure if they'll do it against the Packers.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
steroid freaks ... ignore the 12th man psychy. It's all hype and nothing more. ... (Sherman) make this fool cry. ... (Wilson) This fool ... PLAY DIRTY ON THE LOB <- LOB plays dirty so we should as well. Who cares if we get a flag or two. Show them we ain't backing down one bit.
GUARANTEED.
IMO this post is an embarrassment to Packers fans in this forum. I still can't tell if you're so young you don't know better or a fan of another team trying to make Packers fans look foolish.

Sea_Hawker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks didn't shift a safety to Simon's side vs. the Panthers. Not sure if they'll do it against the Packers.

I think they probably didn't due to the running ability of Newton. They wanted to keep Chancellor up near the box or in short coverage. Earl Thomas remained deep and is pretty good back there. With AR, I think it would come down to his mobility. I could see them shifting Chancellor over if necessary or some crazy scheme to cover.

IMO this post is an embarrassment to Packers fans in this forum. I still can't tell if you're so young you don't know better or a fan of another team trying to make Packers fans look foolish.

Kind of had the same thought. Although I must admit I almost replied to the ridiculous nature of that post but I'm too new to make enemies! ;)

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers struggles with calf against the Seahawks I really can't see our d winning the game for us. We have improved but still mediocre in my opinion. Seattle offense will overwhelm them if Rodgers can't keep offense on the field. Seattle d is much better than Dallas'.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think they probably didn't due to the running ability of Newton. They wanted to keep Chancellor up near the box or in short coverage. Earl Thomas remained deep and is pretty good back there. With AR, I think it would come down to his mobility. I could see them shifting Chancellor over if necessary or some crazy scheme to cover.

If the Seahawks shift a safety to Simon's side I expect it to be Thomas. With our running game being pretty good as well I see Carroll keeping Chancellor close to the LOS.

Sea_Hawker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Seahawks shift a safety to Simon's side I expect it to be Thomas. With our running game being pretty good as well I see Carroll keeping Chancellor close to the LOS.

It would cause a huge dilemma IMO. Earl Thomas is so good roaming deep, I'd hate to see him shift but yes, with the good running game, keeping Kam up closer would be an option. With our backs, a lot of attention isn't given to our line-backing core and they're not too shabby themselves. I think freeing up Kam might be a little less risky then exposing a long pass with AR's arm... bad wheel or not. I could see us still having a good chance if Lacy runs for a bunch but if AR is picking us apart for chunks, the Seahawks would be in trouble.

D

Deleted member 6794

It would cause a huge dilemma IMO. Earl Thomas is so good roaming deep, I'd hate to see him shift but yes, with the good running game, keeping Kam up closer would be an option. With our backs, a lot of attention isn't given to our line-backing core and they're not too shabby themselves. I think freeing up Kam might be a little less risky then exposing a long pass with AR's arm... bad wheel or not. I could see us still having a good chance if Lacy runs for a bunch but if AR is picking us apart for chunks, the Seahawks would be in trouble.

I would love it if the Seahawks would have to shift Thomas to Simon's side. He's an amazing free safety and him being able to only cover one side most of the time would be a huge plus for the Packers.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Just hope special team Sloccum was watching xtra point leap blocks that could be big if there is not a plan for that hopefully, the wrestling coach is in Seattle, with take down technics....

D

Deleted member 6794

Carroll said Maxwell seems to be doing fine today. He expectes TE Tony Moeaki to play this week. The Seahawks will promote QB B.J. Daniels to the active roster. He can play RB and WR as well, maybe he's planning some trick plays once again.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Seahawks are going to have make the choice of "stacking the box" or "playing coverage". It's simple numbers people. 6 in the box then pound Lacy. Bring the clowns down for the "bozo show" and it's "5 on 5". The big Key being to contain there edge guys in the passing game. I believe Bulaga and Bak can do it. Detroit has a better defense for beating us IMO as they have proven they can go 6 in tight and stop our run game. I don't believe the Seahawks can with there current front.

On defense play them like they play everyone else. Stack em and make guys like Kearse and Baldwin make "one handed catches" against our db's.

They have an advantage of playing at home but if we don't turn ball over I believe we win. If they can stop our running game with 6 in and beat our db's one on one they deserve to win. I don't think they can.

Rocket Hawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love it if the Seahawks would have to shift Thomas to Simon's side. He's an amazing free safety and him being able to only cover one side most of the time would be a huge plus for the Packers.

I agree, and I highly doubt SEA would shift ET. Their entire defense is based on what he can do in the middle of the field. Further, Simon did not find out he would be starting DB until game time last weekend. I would expect SEA to shore it up in that area, Simon is actually a pretty talented player but young. He was definitely not prepared for the game and was basically trying to make sure he didn't make any huge mistakes.

SEA will not sell out for any particular player unless he is beating them relentlessly. We saw Sherman follow a little bit early in the season, but normally he just plays on the Offenses right.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree, and I highly doubt SEA would shift ET. Their entire defense is based on what he can do in the middle of the field. Further, Simon did not find out he would be starting DB until game time last weekend. I would expect SEA to shore it up in that area, Simon is actually a pretty talented player but young. He was definitely not prepared for the game and was basically trying to make sure he didn't make any huge mistakes.

SEA will not sell out for any particular player unless he is beating them relentlessly. We saw Sherman follow a little bit early in the season, but normally he just plays on the Offenses right.

The Seahawks for sure don't want to shift Thomas to Simon's side but if the Packers are able to exploit him they will have to.

Members online

Latest posts