Official Reggie Bush Thread

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
why does everyone keep saying GB has no shot at Bush???

wake up, this is not a good team. there's a shot.

Well, the Packers have some losing to do, and Hou, NYJ, SF, etc. have some winning to do as well.

I don't see TT trading up to get the guy, or for that matter, someone like Hou trading out of that position.

Bush is as much of a "sure thing" as this draft has seen for the past few yrs.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
sixone220 said:
why does everyone keep saying GB has no shot at Bush???

wake up, this is not a good team. there's a shot.

Well, the Packers have some losing to do, and Hou, NYJ, SF, etc. have some winning to do as well.

I don't see TT trading up to get the guy, or for that matter, someone like Hou trading out of that position.

Bush is as much of a "sure thing" as this draft has seen for the past few yrs.

i agree. things have to play out just right but houston does have balt, sf and az left. i'm not saying it's a great shot at the #1, but it's not like it's out of question. i just don't get when people act like there is no way that we could possibly get the top pick.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD4shizzle said:
What kinda salary does a #1 overall HB take in these days?

You raise a KEY point. PPl are in love with Reggie on this board, and his performance thus far justifies it, however, think about how much $ the Packers are going to have to shell out for a running back, which is argued to be one of the more replacable positions in football.

The 9ers are paying a LOT of $ for Alex Smith to suck right now.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some people are just worth the money.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/draft/update

if houston hadn't blown another 4th qtr lead, SOS would have us currently in the lead for bush. at this pt in the season i actually do hope they lose out, but det and balt are very beatable. houston still has ten, az and sf so they could win.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are not many players that come out of college that you see and think "incredible" but Bush is one of those players. He does everything extremely well and on top of that he seems to be a very decent person with no character or attitude issues. I just can't see him not being a huge star in the pros and any team that passes on him is going to regret it. He is going to be a player that makes a difference in every game that he plays win or lose. I hope the Bears won't have to face him twice a year. Favre and Sanders was enough thank you :shock:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After looking at the Bears defense up close, I am not looking forward to seeing that twice a year either...they've got those key guys locked up for seasons to come too! Just when I think the Bears don't have a brain between their ears to make something positive, they go ahead and do this!!! Bears defense will be around for awhile at this level! Scary thought.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this has been mentioned before but....did you notice that while Bush was averaging 10+ypc, Lendale White was averaging 11ypc? I mention this because obviously both are helped greatly by a great OL, no question. But perhaps this question should be asked....how great would EITHER be behind an ordinary OL?

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as defense I think the Pack has something Positive I would like to seem an impact Defensive player taken but if a quality posistion player is available it is key to take him I do believe the Pack is a pick or two away from being competitive

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I've changed my mind about him, he's too small!

come on now. 6-0 200 isn't small. small for an nfl rb yes. you think for 1 minute that he wouldn't enter camp at like 210-215 and prob the season at around 220?

that being said, if we don't get the #1 deangelo could be sweet too. already as big as LT but not the versatile recieving threat that reggie is.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted in another thread that IMO the Pack MUST get at least one good guard before a Bush or Williams could be of help. Sherman put us in a bad spot with no money last year and the only hope was gambling on some guys looking for a second chance. We've got some cash now so we need to get the "O" line shored back up.
I'M NOT SOLD ON BUSH. He's got awesome talent around him and a QB that defenses have to respect. Whereas we all new Tomlinson was going to be great because he was great in college when everyone new he was getting the ball.
I SAY TRADE DOWN and get Bates some talent in the "D" line and end to replace Jackson and shore up KGB's problems against the run and a LB with some talent as past Barnett we really don't have much.
BATES + Mediocre talent= good (this year)
BATES + good talent= great
BATES + great talent= AWESOME
We get a "really" good guard, a "really" good defensive lineman, a "really" good LB, and a "good" RB and we will be "really" good next year. I read where we will have about 21ml. less what it takes to resign the guys we need to keep. That's if the cap goes to 90ml. So the question is can we get the above with that amount of money?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I posted in another thread that IMO the Pack MUST get at least one good guard before a Bush or Williams could be of help. Sherman put us in a bad spot with no money last year and the only hope was gambling on some guys looking for a second chance. We've got some cash now so we need to get the "O" line shored back up.
I'M NOT SOLD ON BUSH. He's got awesome talent around him and a QB that defenses have to respect. Whereas we all new Tomlinson was going to be great because he was great in college when everyone new he was getting the ball.
I SAY TRADE DOWN and get Bates some talent in the "D" line and end to replace Jackson and shore up KGB's problems against the run and a LB with some talent as past Barnett we really don't have much.
BATES + Mediocre talent= good (this year)
BATES + good talent= great
BATES + great talent= AWESOME
We get a "really" good guard, a "really" good defensive lineman, a "really" good LB, and a "good" RB and we will be "really" good next year. I read where we will have about 21ml. less what it takes to resign the guys we need to keep. That's if the cap goes to 90ml. So the question is can we get the above with that amount of money?

Yeah, thank God that other teams that play USC know that Bush is a second or third option on most plays...sheesh. Bush plays his best against the best teams they've played this season. The stats don't lie and he'll be a stallion in the NFL for years. I hope we get him and if not, I hope we get awfully tough on defense because our RB situation is not all that pretty if Green and Davenport both leave town. (just my opinion)

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WARHAWK - we all knew that LT was gonna be good because he was good in college when everyone knew he was getting the ball???

with a statement like that you either lived in texas at the time or college gameplan was around before i knew of it because TCU and LT got NO LOVE. the most you saw of LT was on the ESPN bottomline......
Tomlinson 42 car 318 yds 4 TD

some people will just never be reggie fans and that's fine but after watching him tear up fresno for over 500, you can't say he's not ready to take on the NFL.

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if the same thing goes for Calhoun, D. Williams, and Jerome harrison. Pretty much the only offense that those teams had. Especially calhoun. I mean come on, i really wonder if teams plan on taking on Stocco.

Members online

Latest posts