Official Packers vs Jaguars thread

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has to be one of the biggest mismatches all season. Jags dead last on offense and bottom 10 in league on pass defense.

Noon game, anyone going?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gave our tix to a school fundraiser. I have to admit, I'd rather watch on TV with the comforts of home. The game shouldn't be close, but those are the games this team seems to look past, and gets burned.

L

Lunchboxer

Cant really call it a Mismatch. I thought the Colts game was a Mismatch and look how well that turned out.

H

HardRightEdge

Mojo is injured too.

With Jones-Drew, this is a bad football team. Without him, even worse.

Gabbert got knocked out also. His replacement, Chad Henne, an almost-scourge of the Packers, is lighting it up: 7 of 16 for 56 yards at this writing.

If Mojo and Gabbert can't go next week, the already high point spread will go through the roof.

That said, anybody thinking about looking past this game (Mr. Raji) should consider this:

The NFC is looking like 11-5 will be needed for an uncontested playoff spot. That means the Pack will need to go 7-2 the rest of the way to avoid a tie breaker or just getting knocked out altogether (you needed 11-5 for a wildcard in the AFC in 2010). A loss to JAX would mean we'd need to go 7-1 to avoid counting on the kindness of others.

I'd call this a must win game...you just cannot lose to doormats when fighting for a playoff spot. You gotta show you can smell blood in the water.

H

HardRightEdge

Behind the injury backups, JAX ended up blowing a 10 point lead with 12 minutes to go, losing to 1-4 OAK in OT.

Ouch.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jags went 1-15 on 3rd down today including a fumble in OT right after receiving the kickoff. 13 of their points came off Raider turnovers on the other side of the field. If we blow this one someone will head out of town.
The only bright spot they have is that Josh Scobee is 17-17 in FGs since last season. And we do need to go 7-2. 10-6 would be most likely cutting it close since we have recorded losses to SF and Seattle.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jaguars are horrrrrrible.
Of course I have MJD who went out injured. Hopefully he plays next week and has 2 garbage TDs like Arian Foster did last week in a Packer big win.
Chad Henne is terrrrrrrible, but remember, in our Super Bowl season, he won at Lambeau Field as the starting QB of the Miami Dolphins. That was our last regular season home loss, until the Niners beat us.

Henne is not intimidated of Lambeau Field.

Packers should be favored by NFL record points this season.... I'm guessing about 15, 16.

12theTruth

Won't need Raji or Jennings for this game. Should be interesting if Quarless or Zombo is activated in these next couple weeks and who the odd man out would be. My guess Terrell Mannning is the 1st man out followed by Sean Richardson or maybe the OL they just elevated from practice squad.

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cant really call it a Mismatch. I thought the Colts game was a Mismatch and look how well that turned out.
that's the point. Thinking of an easy pick on the Jags will be a great mistake. If a team has nothing to loose, it has no chains. Colts loss is the best example. You gotta play championship football every game day to make it further down the road

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ This.

Colts game taught me, (And it should teach others) that it really ain't over till it's over.
One game at a time and don't think we are going to win even if the opponent has 0 wins.
I will pick the Pack to win but will still not be convinced they do until the clock reads 00:00.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jags look pretty awful right now with Gabbert and MJD out and Henne at the helm. I think that the egg they laid in Indy will keep the Packers from doing anything similar next Sunday.

With Rodgers playing like he has the last 2 weeks this one could get ugly.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Finally back to the home field, MJD out, Gabbert out ( like that matters or not ) and us starting a streak.....Arod is on fire, WR's are looking bad ***, defense aint to shabby......we got this game.

It's over by half time. If we keep Arod in the game into the 4th qtr:

Packers: 45

Jags: 13

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game will go just as well as we all think it will for one main reason: Indianapolis. 21-3 at the half and they let the Colts come all the way back. They won't let that happen again, especially in front of the home crowd.

I REALLY hope this game is televised up here in Northern California. So far I am 7 for 7 in getting games this season. Looks like this game will be on CBS and we play early (10am) and the Raiders play at 1pm. However, SD plays early too. Hopefully up here they decide to show us the Packers...and I really hope CBS doesn't do that thing they like to do where they ONLY show ONE game, and that is the in-market game. Sometimes they do that.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally back to the home field, MJD out, Gabbert out ( like that matters or not ) and us starting a streak.....Arod is on fire, WR's are looking bad ***, defense aint to shabby......we got this game.

It's over by half time. If we keep Arod in the game into the 4th qtr:

Packers: 845

Jags: 13
Had to make a slight change to your Packers score there.
Hope ya don't mind.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game will go just as well as we all think it will for one main reason: Indianapolis. 21-3 at the half and they let the Colts come all the way back. They won't let that happen again, especially in front of the home crowd.

I REALLY hope this game is televised up here in Northern California. So far I am 7 for 7 in getting games this season. Looks like this game will be on CBS and we play early (10am) and the Raiders play at 1pm. However, SD plays early too. Hopefully up here they decide to show us the Packers...and I really hope CBS doesn't do that thing they like to do where they ONLY show ONE game, and that is the in-market game. Sometimes they do that.
I would think there would be a bar in Chico that has Direct TV that broadcasts their hometown hero?

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think there would be a bar in Chico that has Direct TV that broadcasts their hometown hero?

The Graduate does, the trick is getting there. I have no car, and it is a LONG ways away on foot in the rain. I may just have to call Comcast this week and add RedZone if the game is not televised. At least I will get to see the scoring plays and redzone possessions.

Also, Woodstocks Pizza is listed on Packers Everywhere, but they are even farther away from me than The Graduate.

Hey, ForgetFavre do you play fantasy football? I am torn on what to do this next week against Jax. I think that Aaron will have a huge day, but I am debating on whether or not to start James Jones and Randall Cobb for this game. Last game I chose Jones over Cobb and got burnt (though I still won.) but the last couple weeks Jones has really helped me out, and I don't want to lose out on that.

Right now I am thinking of going Reggie Wayne, Randall Cobb, and James Jones. However, I also have Malcolm Floyd and Josh Gordon to think about. Hard to say. Also, I am starting RG3 over Cam Newton AGAIN, because I think Griffin can exploit that Steelers defense. Cam is just doing well, and I think he will still be in limbo vs. Chicago.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mm will have them ready to rock. And it should be over by halftime! Hope for a injury free day and a large dose of Green. Then a bye week. Maybe we will have 85 back after the bye and have a few others rested up for the second half of the season.

Not really worried about the jags here.... At all.

45-17 gb

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though the Packers are on a roll, I'm still not going to get ahead of the game after Indy.

Members online

Latest posts