Official Packers @ Miami studs and duds

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Def just had a 12 or so play drive that led to a Td..Wouldn't people want the def to have rest in that heat (according to some this would be an issue)

Def gave up a long drive, so the offense for sure has to have long drive to give the def rest...And they lay an egg....

So the def has to go out with only 1:02 secs gone on the clock..(Yes from 13:36 Miami ko to Miami 1st play at 12:34) and try and stop Miami again..

Then we get the posts, the def sucks and cant stop them...but nothing about the offense sustaining a drive for more than 1 min and 2 secs.

But no one will blast the offense? hypocritical in my eyes..
There is nothing hypocritical in what you described.

Illogical maybe, but not hypocritical

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
his helmet was a stud...i will give you that.....with an assist from tanny. He was totally burned on that play and luckily tanny underthrew it into his helmet.

PFanCan

Reaction score
I was surprised that Rodgers often let the play clock run down to one second throughout the game. This simply gave the pass rush a heads up on when the snap was going to happen. Also, i was surprised that he didn't run many (or any?) hard counts to try to slow down that rush.

Lastly, up until halfway through the fourth quarter, he had only thrown to his TE or RBs once all game. No dump passes, misdirection plays or screens that I recall. Nothing to give the pass rushers a reason to slow down. IIRC.

Strange.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Better word, ty
Yeah, I thought the defense played well. If they hold an opponent to 24 points, even after the special teams blew two plays and left them on the short end of the field twice, the Packers should win.

The offense, quite frankly, did very little after that first drive and until they woke up near the end of the game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Def just had a 12 or so play drive that led to a Td..Wouldn't people want the def to have rest in that heat (according to some this would be an issue)

Def gave up a long drive, so the offense for sure has to have long drive to give the def rest...And they lay an egg....

So the def has to go out with only 1:02 secs gone on the clock..(Yes from 13:36 Miami ko to Miami 1st play at 12:34) and try and stop Miami again..

Then we get the posts, the def sucks and cant stop them...but nothing about the offense sustaining a drive for more than 1 min and 2 secs.

But no one will blast the offense? illogical in my eyes..

Oh offense sucked to? I didn't meN to leave them out trust me... Especially the oline. They can't block a four man front and that's been an issue for a while.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Oh offense sucked to? I didn't meN to leave them out trust me... Especially the oline. They can't block a four man front and that's been an issue for a while.
Doesn't matter what you wrote, Rodell. You were going to be made an example of no matter what, IMO.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Until TT and the coaches take their heads out of their butts and get younger, more athletic, and faster at both ilb spots expect to struggle in the middle .
Ya, why didn't they make the obvious pick in the first round of the last draft and grab that young, athletic, and faster ILB? Why waste a pick on Clinton-Dix??!! Someone should tell Thompson he should only acquire great players - he probably hasn't thought of that.

BTW, did anyone get the impression that Rodgers was getting hit a lot? I know I did. (One late in the game take-down looked close to a "horse collar" but wasn't called.) I wonder if McCarthy was calling runs in an attempt to preserve his all-world QB by giving the pass rushers something other than killing Rodgers to think about? As to why there weren't more passes out of the backfield: How often did Rodgers audible out of the called play? What was the outcome of those plays as opposed to the plays he didn't change? Is he ever prohibited from making an audible? If you don't know the answers to these questions, how do you criticize McCarthy alone for play calling without qualification?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You should not mess with other people's posts.

Please change my post back to what I wrote. You messed it up. You fix it.

I wasnt trying to mess with your post...

I went to change my post in your quote..and edited your word on accident, it was a mistake, I am sorry

I did change it back

Wow you really need to relax.

Reaction score
Yeah, with the officials, there were some missed calls and actually several late hits that were ignored, but I was actually really happy to watch a game with very few flags for once. Was a breath of fresh air!

Yeah, quite enjoyable to see less "laundry" flying around by the zebras for once. That first quarter seemed to fly by.
I know Kuhn always runs hard, but it seemed he entered the game and gave us a much needed spark to pound out some punishing rushing yardage when nobody else could obviously get it done. Great game!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

You lost my point..

you stated this
I've been saying this all year and I'll keep saying it. the offense has to start fast and score a lot of points .

They didnt have a fast start, in fact it was really bad.Two int from the def, and the offense got 3 points..The int which led to the FG, the offense only got 11 yards..

I agree that when facing really good teams the def needs to be able to stop the run...

Yet, when the offense gets a gift from the D only 36 yards from the endzone, our high powered offense needs to gets more than 11 yards...Vs very good def, that wont cut it..

Very rarely do people blame the offense..They did after the Seattle game this year tho

Does that make more sense?

PFanCan

Reaction score
I wasnt trying to mess with your post...

I went to change my post in your quote..and edited your word on accident, it was a mistake, I am sorry

I did change it back

Wow you really need to relax.
Why do you need to change your quote in my post? I cannot think of a valid reason. Can anyone go into other peoples posts and make changes? I don't think so, and for good reason.

When you abuse your mod privileges, mistakes like the one you just made can happen.

Relax? This isn't about me. It's about you. Keep it there.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do you need to change your quote in my post? I cannot think of a valid reason. Can anyone go into other peoples posts and make changes? I don't think so, and for good reason.

When you abuse your mod privileges, mistakes like the one you just made can happen.

You pointed out my grammar mistake, so I wanted to fix the error you pointed out..that was the valid reason..

Even tho it is in the rules not to point out those mistakes, I didnt want anyone else to see my mistake

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/full-list-of-rules-must-read-for-members.29585/

We reserve the right to edit and or delete posts from members when we feel it is warranted.

If anyone here ever has an issue with how someone types, spells, or using the wrong word---
Please do not point out the mistakes in the forum. Send that person a pm please.

PFanCan

Reaction score
You pointed out my grammar mistake, so I wanted to fix the error you pointed out..that was the valid reason..

Even tho it is in the rules not to point out those mistakes, I didnt want anyone else to see my mistake

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/full-list-of-rules-must-read-for-members.29585/

So much for relaxing.

So, you think that calling someone a hypocrite, when there was no hypocracy, was a grammar mistake? I call it an unfounded attack on someone. Hypocrite is pretty negative word, you know.

Thanks for the rules posting. So helpful.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pondwater... I did lol at that
Pond scum is more like it

Well, many years ago Miami had a rotation of David Woodley and Don Strock they called "Woodstrock" so it could happen. "Woodstrock,"incidentally got Miami to a Super Bowl in the early '80's.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: The chat box. The game was pronounced over many times as soon as the game was tied or we were down by one score. If case some guys forgot, the game is 60 minutes long. All logic also left.

I highly doubt I'll be in the chat box during a game again this season.
Yeah, it pretty much tends to be a pit of grumbling.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But I want to make it known to everyone, I think the AmishMafia guy is about the coolest most smartest person on this entire board. I wish he would post more often, because I learn so much.

Thanks PFanCan. I will try and post more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers had a great first and last drive, especially the fake spike was a classic, but had some rough moments during the game as well. Everybody still doubting Nelson being an elite receiver should watch the Packers first six games closely once again. It´s nice to see Adams gaining the trust from Rodgers and making plays, nice play on the fake spike realizing he has to get out of bounds under all circumstances. Lang did a great job recovering the fumble. I was surprised Guion being able to duplicate his performance vs. the Vikings, maybe he´ll turn out to be a nice pickup after all. Clinton-Dix seems like the real deal.

Matthews has been a disappointment this season and teams continue to fool him on read-option and misdirection plays over and over again. Bakhtiari and Bulaga aren´t able to block guys like Wake and Vernon one-on-one, the Dolphins did a nice job schematically to isolate them and they had huge troubles. Brad Jones is just plain and simple terrible and shouldn´t see any playing time even if Lattimore should be sidelined for some time.

In addition I´m concerned about the injuries suffered by Shields, Williams and Lattimore. While I guess we could survive for some time with House and Hyde playing outside and Hayward manning the slot having Bush being the dime corner isn´t an ideal situation. If Lattimore misses some time I hope the team will line up Barrington next to Hawk.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TJ Lang saved the game for Rodgers' magic. But if the offensive line had come to play the whole game, he wouldn't have had to. Let's face it: our offensive line is unable to block good defensive lines--maybe even average defensive lines. Not much new here with an MM team, other for the final 2 games and playoff run in 2010. 3 sacks, 6 QB hits, and who knows how many hurries? Bakhtiari was completely overwhelmed, as was Bulaga in the passing game. Rogers won't last the season if the line doesn't decide to block.

Ha Ha is the new star of the defense. Great player. Let's hope the injuries to the corners are not serious. Someone must have threatened Guion with unemployment. He has looked good 2 weeks in a row. Now, if we could find a middle linebacker somewhere, the defense would be solid.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts