Official Packers @ Miami studs and duds

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Aaron Rodgers on the final drive, I felt like he had an average performance before that. Davante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Haha Clinton-Dix, Letroy Guion..wow he's turned things around, Casey Hayward..probably a few more guys on defense that don't come to mind.

Duds:Offensive line, special teams errors by Kevin Dorsey and Jamari Lattimore in the first half, A.J. Hawk & Brad Jones..wow I didn't miss that combo.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: The players.
Duds: Whoever has the stupid boneheaded and rocks for brains idea to keep on running on 1st and 2nd downs instead of taking advantage for the million dollar quarterback with the golden arm.

I swear, Mike is the worst play caller for Rodgers.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers who showed what it means to R-E-L-A-X

TJ Lang for saving the game. Without his recovery, we were done.

Letroy Guion. He has had a few good games lately and is hopefully going to continue having an impact.

Mason Crosby. Nice FG kicking today and saved a touchdown on a kickoff.

The receivers. How about Adams today?

Duds:
The offensive line early.

Miami fans for having empty seats despite their team having a chance to move to 3-2 with a win.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
All the studs mentioned earlier.....seems like people are afraid to say dud for clay, why is that? He was a MAJOR dud today. He was fooled EVERY time on the read option play by ryan frickin tannehill.....really? He has lost more than a step IMO, he has not been any bit of a force this season and he got that fat payday,. He needs to live up to his paycheck.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds. The Atlanta Falcons and Minnesota Vikings. They were supposed to make this a sweet Sunday by beating the Bears and Lions at home and putting the Packers alone in first place.

Did you hear the Queens are going to try to fuse the best parts of their two quarterbacks together? They plan to call him "Pondwater."

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Duds. The Atlanta Falcons and Minnesota Vikings. They were supposed to make this a sweet Sunday by beating the Bears and Lions at home and putting the Packers alone in first place.

Did you hear the Queens are going to try to fuse the best parts of their two quarterbacks together? They plan to call him "Pondwater."

Pondwater... I did lol at that
Pond scum is more like it

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: The chat box. The game was pronounced over many times as soon as the game was tied or we were down by one score. If case some guys forgot, the game is 60 minutes long. All logic also left.

I highly doubt I'll be in the chat box during a game again this season.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: The players.
Duds: Whoever has the stupid boneheaded and rocks for brains idea to keep on running on 1st and 2nd downs instead of taking advantage for the million dollar quarterback with the golden arm.

I swear, Mike is the worst play caller for Rodgers.

Where does the run, run perception keep coming from? And how it is automatically bad just by doing it?

Happened two weeks and someone pointed out they went run, run, pass on only 9/22 series.

I don't remember much of that today, so I looked through the play by play to confirm. Here are the number of times they started a series with run, run:

1st quarter: 3
2nd quarter: 2
3rd quarter: 1
4th quarter: 0
Total: 6/29 (Excluded the kneel to end the half and entire last drive as doing as doing run, run was not on option then.)

And out of those 6, they picked up the first down on 4 of those series. In other words, in only 2/27 series did they do run, run and it didn't work out for them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dud: The chat box. The game was pronounced over many times as soon as the game was tied or we were down by one score. If case some guys forgot, the game is 60 minutes long. All logic also left.

I highly doubt I'll be in the chat box during a game again this season.

2nd run in...People said the running game is pathetic

My suggestion

take the ones that you can't stand in chat and ignore them..It works as I do it every game day

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: MM, Jones, Bulaga, and Special teams. Defense
studs: Rodgers and Wrs .

* I've been saying this all year and I'll keep saying it. the offense has to start fast and score a lot of points . Aaron Rodgers and the offense can't AFFORD to have a bad game. Hate to put so much pressure in him but he can thank the defense for that. They have a couple good quarters and ppl start drinking the kool-aid. Eventually you guys will learn. Until TT and the coaches take their heads out of their butts and get younger, more athletic, and faster at both ilb spots expect to struggle in the middle .

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Rodgers, MM's coaching, Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Guion, Starks, Crosby, Shields, Hayward, TJ Lang, defense on the last Dolphins possession

Duds,
Matthews, Brad Jones, Special Teams, Lacy, injuries, most of the 2nd half defense

Contrary to a few people on here, I actually thought MM called a nice game. Didn't give up on the run and started using Starks at the end of the game when he was running better than Lacy.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Rodgers, MM's coaching, Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Guion, Starks, Crosby, Shields, Hayward, TJ Lang, defense on the last Dolphins possession

Duds,
Matthews, Brad Jones, Special Teams, Lacy, injuries, most of the 2nd half defense

Contrary to a few people on here, I actually thought MM called a nice game. Didn't give up on the run and started using Starks at the end of the game when he was running better than Lacy.

Pretty much identical to my list, with an added stud in HaHa.

Reaction score
Studs: Rodgers and offense and all the 1000s of cheering packer fans in miami

Duds: some of the play calling and defense needs to pick it up

Go Pack Go

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Duds: MM, Jones, Bulaga, and Special teams. Defense
studs: Rodgers and Wrs .

* I've been saying this all year and I'll keep saying it. the offense has to start fast and score a lot of points . Aaron Rodgers and the offense can't AFFORD to have a bad game. Hate to put so much pressure in him but he can thank the defense for that. They have a couple good quarters and ppl start drinking the kool-aid. Eventually you guys will learn. Until TT and the coaches take their heads out of their butts and get younger, more athletic, and faster at both ilb spots expect to struggle in the middle .

Def just had a 12 or so play drive that led to a Td..Wouldn't people want the def to have rest in that heat (according to some this would be an issue)

Def gave up a long drive, so the offense for sure has to have long drive to give the def rest...And they lay an egg....

So the def has to go out with only 1:02 secs gone on the clock..(Yes from 13:36 Miami ko to Miami 1st play at 12:34) and try and stop Miami again..

Then we get the posts, the def sucks and cant stop them...but nothing about the offense sustaining a drive for more than 1 min and 2 secs.

But no one will blast the offense? illogical in my eyes..

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with the above list of players and will also add:

Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn.....Hard running, dragging people for extra yards.

Duds: The officials.....Lots of missed holds....early hits on receivers and jersey grabbing from my perspective.

Yeah, with the officials, there were some missed calls and actually several late hits that were ignored, but I was actually really happy to watch a game with very few flags for once. Was a breath of fresh air!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Duds,

Pretty spot on. I wouldn't call Lacy a Dud as he really had nowhere to go. Thats on the line. I wouldn't call Brad Jones a Dud either because that is giving him too much credit. I will call him the worst player in recent memory to step on a field.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty spot on. I wouldn't call Lacy a Dud as he really had nowhere to go. Thats on the line. I wouldn't call Brad Jones a Dud either because that is giving him too much credit. I will call him the worst player in recent memory to step on a field.

Wasnt his helmet a stud?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts