Official Packer vs Seattle Studs n Duds

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Whichever morons it was for Seattle that unnessarily committed penalties on a walk-in pick 6 to wipe a TD off the board for them.

Brian Purdy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dom Capers- game ball, he needs to stay out of prevent otherwise great game plan.
Rodgers needs to take what's given instead of taking coverage sacks.
If defense plays the rest of season like first half and offense gets in sync, they will be very tough to beat.
BTW what happened to Sheldon Richardson terrorizing the Packers, even without Bulaga? All week I heard how the Seahawk' s defense would destroy the Packers.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why many here decided after this 1 game that letting Lacy walk was a good idea, its not as if we had a consistent run game. We played vs a terrific front 7, true, but I still feel like letting Lacy walk could end up biting us in the end, especially since we got ample of cap space left. He was well under away to a solid season for us last year, and would be a good complement to Ty. I'd like to see more from Williams or even Jones next game.

For this same reason (Seattle's front 7) I feel like our O-line is being criticized too hard, they held up pretty well considering Bulaga was out and we had 2 new starters for us.. We have just grown accustomed to ARod having at least 5 seconds every play. Im not worried about our line at all, as of yet our weaknesses our still definitely RB and CB. We'll see how they fare in week 2 vs Atlanta.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was fair game though. I didn't see anything untoward anyway. It wasn't anything different that a guy would have done tackling any other player.
I know he was, like I said, I know it's football. But in case you haven't been paying attention, the game has changed in the past 15 years or so, quite a bit. I didn't say he deserved a flag. I said he took a shot. Had he actually contacted his head, i'm sure he would have. Rodgers was going down, he knew it, he wanted his shot. And Bennett told to him it wasn't going to fly. I loved it. Right up and put him on his ***. Didn't do any more pansy *** get in your face and jaw, just put him down, sent his message, and it was done.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle has perhaps the worst OL line in the NFL. Lacy is the type of runner who needs a hole and some space to get up to speed. Getting hit 3 yrs behind the LOS is impossible to succeed.

Studs
Daniels
Perry
Capers - seems to have Seattle's number
Cobb - other than the knucklehead penalty, he looked great. Too many options for even seattle to cover them all
Running game- did well against a very good defensive front

Duds
Seattle offensive line - horrible horrible horrible. I wonder if the 'TT sucks, bring Schneider to green bay' will change their tune
Me - wanted Jarron Reed in draft and TT took Clark. Clark played better.

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud - the line "we have seen worse blocks in the back not be called." wait what? So you admit it is a block in the back but your argument is that it wasn't that bad. So now refs need to decide if it was a bad enough penalty to call? How about this - dont push a guy in the back on a return.

I get that it wasn't likely to change the play. I get that it wasn't an egregious block in the back. But it still was a block in the back during a return right in front of a ref.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far, the Packers Def are studs

Offense is a dud

2nd half will be better!!

Studs: Obviously, Mike Daniels Kenny Clark deserves a mention as well.
Second half Time-of-possession wore Seattle's defense out.

Duds: Seattle offensive line.
Penalties.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Defense and special shout out to Damarious Randall and Rollins, Randall looked good every time he was thrown out and I didn't see much of Rollins getting beat.

Also Jake Ryan looked great playing the run, Kenny Clark was active and Mike Daniels looked like a man amongst boys out there. Didnt see much of Lowry but when you play the run like we did it means your DL was doing work.

Duds:

Offensive scheme from the Lane ejection up until the half. We started the game with a mix of man beater routes and sets to force them into zone. Then when Lane went out we go back to the spread iso kind of attack that Seattle feasts on and yeah they feasted on it and Rodgers gets sacked 4 times because no one could get open. McCarthy has his strong suits but he's still as bullheaded as ever, if you can help it play strength against weakness. Seattle isn't nearly as good in zone as they are in man and the third quarter showed it.

Special Mention: Matthews

Look I agree with the narrative that Matthews has been a player in decline and hasn't come close to playing up to his K. That being said he wasn't invisible out there if you actually watched the game, he did put up some pressures. I also want to note that Seattle wasn't fooled at all by our stunts and twists.

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs....Daniels.....Perry

I was really pissed at Bennett for that personal foul, but he made up for it with that catch.

Did I really only see one screen pass called by the Packers ?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Studs
The entire defense. Daniels was great. Clark is going to be a force. Perry is showing last year wasn't a fluke. The safeties are very solid. Randle looked much better.

The wide receivers were solid but still need to create little more separation. There were times Rodgers missed open guys

Duds
Terrible timeouts
Not taking advantage of chances in the first half
Aikman and Buck. Talk about beating a dead horse. And then making a huge deal out of the Graham play (which definitely could been interference) when they didn't even acknowledge the play where adams got ran over
I noticed this about Aikman a LOT. He is always crying that some Packer should have got a penalty. As far as I know, that ball was uncatchable and the refs just screwed up by not saying it.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed this about Aikman a LOT. He is always crying that some Packer should have got a penalty. As far as I know, that ball was uncatchable and the refs just screwed up by not saying it.

Also, looking at that replay, Graham was grabbing on Haha's helmet and not making enough of an effort in my books to try and catch it, which is why I think the refs kept the flag in the pocket, plus Wilson had thrown a bit of a lopsided beachball pass that woulda been difficult to land anyway.

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes....I also believe that ball was uncatchable.......surprised that they didn't pick that up right away. I think the ref's were lax on penalty call for both teams.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes....I also believe that ball was uncatchable.......surprised that they didn't pick that up right away. I think the ref's were lax on penalty call for both teams.

As were Aikman and Buck. That was honestly the first time that I have not liked either of them. I hear people complain about this broadcast duo, but I usually have found them enjoyable. Yesterday, I have to agree with the critics, they were annoyingly obsessed over one topic...."Pete Carroll and the Seahawks are getting screwed over by the refs". Move on Troy and Joe and talk about what is relevant to the game at that very moment and stop trying to find any little shred of evidence to prove your worthless point.

I'm not even going to want to listen to Trick ****less or Coward Cowhead today.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Mike Daniels
Burnett and HaHa (potentially best safety combo in the league IMO)

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you are correct. That ball was uncatchable, he would have had to be Randy Moss in his PRIME plus 3 more inches to grab that lol

I believe he was throwing it away honestly too

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Definitely Daniels
Defense as a whole played much better than I ever expected them too.

I really believe that the forced fumble changed the game and the Offense started to get something going in the 2nd half.

Duds: OL which led to 4 sacks. Also, not sure of what the game plan was for the 1st half. Rodgers said that nothing they did in the 1st half worked.

There are very few teams in the NFL that I can't stand - Seattle, Dallas and Patriots. Seattle is the top of my list.

So glad that we were able to beat them.

BTW, with the ejection of....I think his name was Lane, when they showed the replay it looked like Davante started it by grabbing his mask. I saw the arm across the helmet but it did not look like a punch to me. Just sayin.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot. Stud - Bennett going after the player that put the extra hit on Aaron. I think the Packers were willing to take the penalty as long as it didn't cost them a first down.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I forgot. Stud - Bennett going after the player that put the extra hit on Aaron. I think the Packers were willing to take the penalty as long as it didn't cost them a first down.
There's obviously been multiple posts about the Bennett shove after Rodgers took some contact, and all that I have to say is that for all of the mindless jabbering by more than just a few in the media who thinks Rodgers can be polarizing and that some of his teammates don't get along with him, all that's needed is to look at the way Bennett responded last night, and by the way the entire team reacted to the shot he took in the endzone of the Tennessee game last season to know that those stories are baseless and nonsensical.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Stud call on a penalty near the end of the game: Not sure if it was MM or AR that realized that when given a choice of 2 defensive penalties on first down, you take the offsides to leave yourself with a first and 5. Versus taking the defensive holding, that gives you the same 5 yards but a first and 10. I would have to go back and listen to Troy and Joe, but they seemed overly surprised at the move. Maybe they were just surprised at themselves for not understanding the move on the Packers part? :coffee:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Stud call on a penalty near the end of the game: Not sure if it was MM or AR that realized that when given a choice of 2 defensive penalties on first down, you take the offsides to leave yourself with a first and 5. Versus taking the defensive holding, that gives you the same 5 yards but a first and 10. I would have to go back and listen to Troy and Joe, but they seemed overly surprised at the move. Maybe they were just surprised at themselves for not understanding the move on the Packers part? :coffee:
The way that it was explained on First Things First this morning (I think it's a pretty cool new show by the way, they actually talk mostly about sports and multiple games as opposed to beating the Cowboys to death), McCarthy originally took the holding penalty, which results in an automatic first down. But the Packers already had the 1st down, so accepting the offsides as opposed to the holding obviously gave the Packers a 1st and 5, as opposed to a 1st and 10.

According to what I listened to earlier, Rodgers had to "overrule", or correct McCarthy's original decision on the penalty.

The guy never stops thinking and is in total control of the game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The way that it was explained on First Things First this morning (I think it's a pretty cool new show by the way, they actually talk mostly about sports and multiple games as opposed to beating the Cowboys to death), McCarthy originally took the holding penalty, which results in an automatic first down. But the Packers already had the 1st down, so accepting the offsides as opposed to the holding obviously gave the Packers a 1st and 5, as opposed to a 1st and 10.

According to what I listened to earlier, Rodgers had to "overrule", or correct McCarthy's original decision on the penalty.

The guy never stops thinking and is in total control of the game.

Thanks for the clarification on who decided to take the correct penalty. I actually got that impression yesterday that it required Rodgers to step in and use his brain. Just a minor detail, but those details add up and as you correctly point out, AR is ALWAYS thinking and taking whatever advantage he can. Smart smart football mind.

Not enough can be said about his TD pass to Jordy yesterday, once again taking advantage of the Seahawks trying to substitute and getting caught with too many men. That play doesn't happen and who knows where the game ends up.

Rodgers may not go down as the GOAT......but he should be remembered as the BOAT or the COAT (Brilliant or Craftiest)

Members online

Latest posts